PDA

View Full Version : Question.

RikaPSOW
Jan 20, 2008, 05:29 PM
I have a question. Since PSO BB is sadly shuting down and the other PSO game's have been (mostly). Are we going to be allowed to talk about private servers soon. It's nice to play offline and all, but wouldn't it be nicer to play online again. This question is basically for the moderaters really.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 20, 2008, 06:21 PM
well, some forums acepted that idea after a "no speak about private servers"
again, the private server has some illegalities, not uge, but for example the quest data, all where made by sonic team and are being used with no permission.
so i doubt pso-world would aprove illegal actions.

VioletSkye
Jan 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
Basically it boils down to this, PSOW has elected to follow/mirror SEGA's stance in regards to the servers and since SEGA has not endorsed them, PSOW does not endorse them. It isn't up to us (as moderators/individuals) to decide whether or not detailed discussion of private servers is allowed or not. I personally have run my own server in the past and have had others play on my server but I still adhere to the rules of these forums in not discussing it. As mods, it is our duty to help enforce the forum rules, regardless of our personal stance although I'm sure (as I've stated in the past) that if any of us (mods) were to take serious issue with the rules, I would expect that person/s would ask to be released from mod duties.

RikaPSOW
Jan 21, 2008, 08:42 AM
Okay I understand, thank you for answering.