PDA

View Full Version : PSO-XBox: Destructionate™ them all!

raikomaru40
Jan 24, 2008, 07:47 AM
now that i have your attention, i was thinking about getting ver.3, but i want to figure out what type of character to make. i'd want to make either a HUcast, HUcaseal, or a RAmarl. any ideas on which one i should use? also, which ID should i use with each type?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: raikomaru40 on 2008-01-24 04:53 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jan 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
Well, judging from the title... you plan on getting PSOX? Don't forget that you need a gamertag (cancelled/inactive/active) to get in there and you can make 12 (or up to 48) characters on an xbox.

That aside, non-droids will probably be the easiest to start off with. RAmarl if your set on only using those three types of characters rather than others. Throw on Purplenum for the mechguns like the Yas9k and various other weapons.

raikomaru40
Jan 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
i don't plan on playing online. and what would be the downsides, other than no techs, to a droid?

Jaspaller
Jan 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
Regardless if you plan to play online or offline the game basically DEMANDS a gamertag. The system is setup crappily. It won't let you get to the character creation/select unless you have a gamertag to tie the characters to

Sort of like this...
Main Menu -> Select Gamertag from four slots -> Online/Offline mode -> Select character.

If you don't have a gamertag in one of the slots it won't let you go further. And without a gamertag on the harddrive (cancelled/active/inactive, whatever) your stuck with a game you can't play.

Shifta/Deband/Resta are probably the only downsides to being a droid. You play V2 so there isn't really much in difference between the two games besides the fact that techs are a little more restricted when it comes to Human/Newman characters.

raikomaru40
Jan 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
forget it then

sCI
Jan 24, 2008, 04:24 PM
Excuse me, but what is required to play it...I remember buying it for my bros Xbox and it didn't work cuase it needed online, so does that mean you have to buy online just so you can play it, or you have to buy online to START playing it, but after you start a game, you don't need internet anymore....? how does the xbox versoun work?

Jaspaller
Jan 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
You don't NEED to buy online. You can play perfectly fine offline. The problem is that Sega set it up so that you have to tie your characters to a gamertag file.

When you create an account on XBL it creates a file (the gamertag) on your harddrive for you to login with and go online with other various games or on the dashboard.

You can get around this by getting an inactive account... copying someone elses or creating a new one and cancelling it.

If that doesn't explain it sCI maybe this will

After the title screen you come to a screen with four slots (like character slots) and will either be empty or have a gamertag in 1 or more of them.

If it's empty it'll ask you to pick a gamertag on a Memory Unit or on your Xbox HDD. If you don't have one your booted to the dashboard to create one.

Selecting one will bring you to the Online/Offline/Options menu. You don't have to go online ONCE as long as you have the file on your HDD.

lol maybe I overdid it with the explanation. Maybe a bit tl;dr.

Mystral
Jan 24, 2008, 07:17 PM
As a side note, I believe PSOX isn't compatable with a 360, either, so that's another thing to consider. PSOGC (which, for what it's worth, is more up to date if you get PSO+) works fine with a Wii, though.

Alternately, you can fool around all you want in teh other place's Blue Burst server, though I swear they have the XP cranked up pretty high compared to normal. I can hit 20-30 from a brand new character in an evening easily.

Taleck
Jan 24, 2008, 07:19 PM
Jaspaller you are like the PSO god. You know everything. Good job.

Jaspaller
Jan 24, 2008, 10:16 PM
lol

Taleck
Jan 25, 2008, 08:22 PM
i'm just saying.

kevlar_pso
Jan 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
/cry l0l j/k