PDA

View Full Version : Parasitic Gene 'Flow'

Lex_54
Jan 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
is there a way to get it cus this is what it says on the site: Cannot currently be obtained through any in-game methods legitimately.
and what does that mean

Ketchup345
Jan 24, 2008, 12:56 PM
It means that the items was not available offline, or was able to be dropped on the official online servers.

The only way to get it was through illegitimate means, either by hacking/code devices or using another server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2008-01-24 09:56 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Jan 24, 2008, 03:52 PM
it was once activated by sonic team on the official servers (online drop), but ppl rushed to the item like crazy and after a week sonic team deactivated the drop until the shutdown of the servers, i beleive 1 person found the item during that week, a japanese player i beleive.

sCI
Jan 24, 2008, 04:09 PM
My question is why it was never made possible offline...It is just a weapon...on a ...VIDEO GAME! what makes it sooooo special, the whole 0% drop rate until activation is retarded, and the fact that they turned it on, and as soon as ONE PERSON found it, they though..."OH NO!, people are actually looking for it!?, Let's turn it off!!!" what a bunch of fools. What is wrong with letting people find it, is it too good or something....I don't understand. (I know IT isn't what is so good, it's what IT makes that is soooooo good). So my piont is, does anyone actually know why Sonic Team is so secretive and greedy with the "flow" gene?

VioletSkye
Jan 24, 2008, 04:12 PM
Heh, you'd have to ask them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DC_PLAYER
Jan 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
many items exist on ver.2 and ver.1, but sonic team decided to cut some off due to extreme power, take for example a double cannon, it can't be found on ver.2, yet the weapon exist.
the suposed mag cell to make elenor mag exists and this site confirms a small % of droping, but no one has confired it.
twin sword MODELS exist in pso ver.2, but there isn't any weapon assigned to them.
like red ring on ver.2, sonic team disabled that item since ppl were ignoring other items (similar items).
for example, supose sega enables red ring drop on ver.2, may i ask who wouldn't go after it, other shields would become worthless as ppl only want the best.
the same happen there, but sonic team saw the error and removed the drop, the items are not very good, but sonic team tought twice, don't know why.
after that week, many ppl claimed they had found the item (hack).....even today ppl claimed it's a small drop rate and they have found it.

sCI
Jan 25, 2008, 02:36 AM
so why not leave the drop open until the game is flooded with that item and people don't care anymore. I still think sonic team is made up of a bunch of awsome, yet foolish morons. They resrict all these items, but the reason is only temporary(they're afraid of people ignoring other things to go hunt for that specific "thing"), but the effect on the gaming community is infinite. In other words, just like a cold or fever, let it run through, and end itself, people would eventually stop...givin a sheit. thats the sad, yet truthful thing about ALL video games, is that eventually people just move onto better things. .......see now, if they would have made it available for offline from the start, the "unatainable rares" would never become the big deals they are, and sonic team(idiots) would've never had to worry bout the whole "gold rush" aspect...my point to sonic team is, they're just WEAPONS ON A VIDEO GAME. sonic team restricts them like they are crucial to governmental and economical stability of the world, and safety of all citisenz on the earth.(this issue has been one of my reasons for baggin on this game all these years, but its too good to do it anyways)

AlexCraig
Jan 25, 2008, 04:17 AM
What they could have done would be make them accessible after collecting all other weapons. Then you can find PGF and RR. Sadly, this is not the case.

I have my ways, though. Can't say more than that.

DC_PLAYER
Jan 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
On 2008-01-25 01:17, AlexCraig wrote:
What they could have done would be make them accessible after collecting all other weapons. Then you can find PGF and RR. Sadly, this is not the case.

I have my ways, though. Can't say more than that.

altough it is not your intention, the final result is always the ring and the genetic flow. (greed)
from the beguining of pso, ppl always wanted stronger and unobtainable items, either to kill in pso (especially on ver.2) or because at one point the item was avaiable.

sCI
Jan 25, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm wishin for a new PSO game personally....maybe Ver 2.1(hehehehe)(it would be identical to Ver 2, but would have the expantion of levels equivalent to Ep 1&2 and an entire new game too) and then sonic team would give online drops "one more chance".(!)

DC_PLAYER
Jan 25, 2008, 01:41 PM
simple.
replace all enemy models, maps,......with the ones in ep2.
basicly you echange ep1 with ep2.
after that test the game, most likely the game will crash.

Fafnir
Jan 27, 2008, 12:29 AM
I don't see the problem with PGF now, if it was ever overpowered, weapons like excalibur put it to shame like nothing else now.

Just make it a long, hard sidequest to get PGF, kinda like getting a real Agito or something along those lines.

Saffran
Jan 29, 2008, 08:02 PM
The PGF and RR already drop on the official JP servers. We have just had an event where we had to find one of each - and they were found.
They are very rare though - only 3 PGFs have been known to drop in what, 16 months? The Red Ring is more common, but not that much more common.