PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Keyboard on 360

Rapture
Jan 24, 2008, 02:53 PM
So,does anybody else use keyboard cat on the 360? I have just bought PSU for 6 quid and have played through the single player and throughly enjoyed it and will be moving onto the online portion of the game very soon using the AOI add-on too.

Just really want to find out if anybody else uses a keyboard.As you can see i joined a fair while back and have been a vet of the old PSO series and i just love the text chat,that and its weird talking down that damn headset lol i don't think i'll ever really get used to it.

Thanks for input - Rapture

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2008, 03:14 PM
I use voice chat in parties, missions and in rooms. I use the keyboard to help in shop searches or to antagonize random people in lobbies!

Miyuki
Jan 24, 2008, 03:31 PM
Most of the people I play with (including players from other countries) use voice chat simply because it's convenient and faster. I really liked the text chat from PSO and was skeptical about voice, but it really is one of the best features of XBL. Not to mention it's hard to be typing in the middle of a boss fight or timed mission to communicate. KB is still useful for stuff like lobby chatting, making shortcuts, store searches though.

chu-chu-chu
Jan 24, 2008, 03:32 PM
Lobby chatting with a keyboard is the best.

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2008, 03:39 PM
On 2008-01-24 12:32, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Lobby chatting with a keyboard is the best.

"Chatting" is the incorrect word in that sentence...

'<;[];>'

NNEONateDogg
Jan 24, 2008, 03:43 PM
I use my USB keyboard all the time!

Rapture
Jan 24, 2008, 03:45 PM
Cool, i just feel weird chatting into that mic lol,it is useful for bosses and things.I think i may use the old keyboard for most stuff and my headset othertimes.

chibiLegolas
Jan 24, 2008, 03:53 PM
I only use keyboard tc chat if I must. Some ppl don't have mics, so it's understandable. But because of the wonkey censor in place, it's discouraged me from typing in general.
I thought the censor was bad in PSO. Now it's even WORSE in PSU since it can censor your entire message. At least in the past, ppl can kinda guess what you were talking about with just a censored word.
>_>

JAFO22000
Jan 24, 2008, 03:53 PM
On 2008-01-24 12:45, Rapture wrote:
Cool, i just feel weird chatting into that mic lol,it is useful for bosses and things.I think i may use the old keyboard for most stuff and my headset othertimes.

When I first was a part of the Xbox Live Beta, I found it QUITE odd to talk into the headset when I was all alone. But you get used to it VERY quickly. It is awkward at first, but becomes second nature very quickly. If you are to run with a group of friends, I would suggest using the mic. If you are to run in PuGs all the time, the keyboard will be the way to go (PuGs are FULL of people just talking to talk.)

Rapture
Jan 24, 2008, 04:14 PM
God,that dumb ass censor is there >_< lol, why bother when they let mic chat be allowed and that can be far worse than just reading the written word lol

Fox_Makenshi
Jan 24, 2008, 04:17 PM
Well I mean it's kind of annoying when you can't say something as simple as "I put a sword in my palette."

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Xtian913
Jan 24, 2008, 04:23 PM
I always use the headset if I'm running with friends. For random groups, I use the keyboard 95% of the time, unless its a special run, like timed missions - or if the people sound nice/fun and not douches like the majority of the 12 yr olds screaming into the headset.

Rapture
Jan 24, 2008, 04:35 PM
^Yea, thats what i was thinking too.Far far to many idiots on LIVE *sigh*

PALRAPPYS
Jan 24, 2008, 05:47 PM
On 2008-01-24 13:17, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
Well I mean it's kind of annoying when you can't say something as simple as "I put a sword in my palette."

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Because the verb "to put a" is inappopriate in PSU. :/

BloodDragoon
Jan 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
I use just a keyboard.

Midicronica
Jan 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
Let's not forget that your keyboard can also be used to type long messages on Xbox Live when a voice message wouldn't allow you to fit all of what you wanted to say into one message.

Like most of the others here, I use my keyboard for shop searching or lobby chatting. I don't know what it is, but every random party I've joined usually has really friendly people, so it's usually pretty easy for me to talk with them over the mic.

SJW89
Jan 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
There's a couple of annoying random phrases which make you disconnect, such as...

"Noooooooooo....................... I Hate You" ==with 10 o's and 23 .'s

But I like using the keyboard more because I'm always private chatting with my friend, and also most of the PSU community is too retarded to understand simple english, so they get what I say when they see it in front of their eyes. (given that they can read)

Silhouette
Jan 24, 2008, 11:35 PM
I use a Keyboard mostly for shops, lobbies, or when talking to people who have no mic. I usually use the Mic when with friends and without lag. Damn Censor.

Anduril
Jan 24, 2008, 11:38 PM
I always use a Keyboard. Though I have gotten into the habit of not using all the space in the text area, to avoid that whole disconnect issue. I'm just not comfortable enough with my voice to speak through the mic.

SJW89
Jan 25, 2008, 12:09 AM
I use my keyboard to show that "girls" playing PSU aren't the only ones too cool for microphones.

Ever notice how girls are the only ones who ever complain about using a microphone? Actually, I just contradicted myself because I've never seen an actual FEMALE player who DOESN'T use a microphone.

EngelBlut
Jan 25, 2008, 01:16 AM
i hate talking so i use a keyboard

mvffin
Jan 25, 2008, 02:24 AM
my internet sux here, so i get disconnected for speaking on the game channel. I can do PC just fine though, wtf.

Andy1423
Jan 25, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't mind either, unless theres a "chatty kathy" in the bunch.

Temjin-On
Jan 25, 2008, 02:25 PM
Voice Chat is what in my biased opinion makes 360 PSU better than PC/PS2. Sure, you can use Vent and Teamspeak on the PC but that requires you to get everyone in the party to use it. It's built in from the start on the 360 and for the most part, people already have a headset that comes with their Xbox 360 unless they bought the arcade pack.

Seriously though, you'd think it'd be full of immature people like Halo 3 is famous for having, but I've actually found most of the people I've played with to be intelligent and not annoying.

Except for the people who find it good form to yell about the machinegun glitch when nobody in the party is even doing it. >.>

Sekani
Jan 25, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'd use the keyboard a lot more if it wasn't for the beyond retarded censor. It's pretty much only good for shop searches and lobby shenanigans.

JAFO22000
Jan 25, 2008, 05:45 PM
On 2008-01-25 14:07, Sekani wrote:
I'd use the keyboard a lot more if it wasn't for the beyond retarded censor. It's pretty much only good for shop searches and lobby shenanigans.

...and role playing!

Sekani
Jan 25, 2008, 06:11 PM
On 2008-01-25 14:45, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2008-01-25 14:07, Sekani wrote:

...and role playing!

@s9 QUIET YOU!

chaoskila
Jan 25, 2008, 07:09 PM
i use one yep =]

SJW89
Jan 25, 2008, 08:20 PM
On 2008-01-25 11:25, Temjin-On wrote:
Voice Chat is what in my biased opinion makes 360 PSU better than PC/PS2. Sure, you can use Vent and Teamspeak on the PC but that requires you to get everyone in the party to use it. It's built in from the start on the 360 and for the most part, people already have a headset that comes with their Xbox 360 unless they bought the arcade pack.

Seriously though, you'd think it'd be full of immature people like Halo 3 is famous for having, but I've actually found most of the people I've played with to be intelligent and not annoying.

Except for the people who find it good form to yell about the machinegun glitch when nobody in the party is even doing it. >.>

or PSU is famous for having too, in abundancy, referring to those people who draw superiorities out of thin air from their ability to use big words and large groups of stuck-up dickwads.

Rapture
Jan 26, 2008, 09:42 AM
This topic got quite a few replies, thankyou. Well,seems like quite a few use the board so i may get a wireless one that i will also use with my laptop too and it would be good for messages on LIVE also. Well,i'll soon be online after i have finished off a few other things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Raine_Loire
Jan 26, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-01-24 21:09, SJW89 wrote:
I use my keyboard to show that "girls" playing PSU aren't the only ones too cool for microphones.

Ever notice how girls are the only ones who ever complain about using a microphone? Actually, I just contradicted myself because I've never seen an actual FEMALE player who DOESN'T use a microphone.

Too funny...

I don't use the mic. But you've never SEEN me. So your record goes unbroken.

I hate my wireless kb, so lately I've just been shortcutting things I normally say. I'll be getting a better kb when I get my tax refund next week ^_^