PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Spar...

NPCMook
Jan 25, 2008, 05:13 AM
I mean Product Placement

Really no matter what I say some of you are still going to go see this movie.

So yes the movie is a blanant spoof of 300, they don't even really spoof other movies, they mostly spoof reality TV, Gay Jokes, and Myspace.

[spoiler-box]American Idol
America's Next Top Model
Think you can Dance
Starbucks
Gatoraid
Zapzyt
Nuetragenia
Ugly Betty
Chris Croker(of whatever his name was)
[/spoiler-box] Those just being a few of the things I can recall off the top of my head. Its a Horrible movie, and I really don't recommend it unless you really want something to posses you to rewatch 300.

To be honest it was horrible watching Kevin Sorbo(SP?) in this movie... not to mention it was just a horrible "movie" and by movie I mean 84 minute commercial of bad puns. Best part of the movie were the Stingers...

Yeah I really don't recommend this movie unless you plan on waiting it out and renting it like from Red Box or something for like a dollar. Then again spoof movies really just aren't that funny because they tend to be released after all the jokes have been made and are long dead and burried in the back of peoples minds.

Scrub
Jan 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
I don't think there could seriously be a person alive who would go into that movie expecting anything good out of it.

omegapirate2k
Jan 25, 2008, 12:19 PM
On 2008-01-25 05:13, Scrub wrote:
I don't think there could seriously be a person alive who would go into that movie expecting anything good out of it.

Yeah, it seems like as much of a waste of time as most other spoof movies.

Temjin-On
Jan 25, 2008, 02:27 PM
Believe it or not, there is a large group of people out there who will think this was one of the funniest movies they've seen thus far this year.

I happen to know a few of them. And I'm entirely glad I'm going to class instead of that...

DLShAdOw
Jan 25, 2008, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately I have heard people say things such as. "Oh that looks funny!" in reference to this movie. And each time I die a little inside.

Anduril
Jan 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
I find movies like this funny, but not in a funny ha-ha way, rather in a funny I-can't-believe-they-actually-made-this-movie kind of way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-01-25 21:09 ]</font>

jayster
Jan 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
I want to see it, it looks HILARIOUS! hopefully I'm not let down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But if this doesn't satisfy me for hilarity, I still have Strange Wilderness to look forward too.

VanHalen
Jan 26, 2008, 12:29 AM
On 2008-01-25 05:13, Scrub wrote:

One of my friends is. Though like Mook said, the movie is not going to be that funny anymore since the whole Sparta joke is dead.

omegapirate2k
Jan 26, 2008, 12:33 AM
In case any of you hadn't seen, it got 0.5 out of 5 on IGN.

That's pretty undeniably shitty.

Monochrome
Jan 26, 2008, 12:47 AM
Maybe if Leslie Nielsen were in this movie, then I'd go see it. Probably not.

Powder Keg
Jan 26, 2008, 02:18 AM
When movies like these first started, they were great, but ever since Date Movie, they've been out of gas.

PS. Leslie Nielsen is the man, but I don't know if even he could save this movie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-01-25 23:19 ]</font>

Kylie
Jan 26, 2008, 01:07 PM
Not surprised, really. I expected this would be no different than - hell, what was it called? The spoof movie that came out last year that was terrible... "Epic Movie." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-01-26 10:11 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 26, 2008, 01:32 PM
Looked like a Mad TV skit gone horribly wrong and blown entirely out of proportions. I guess Mook verified that for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Jan 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
Why do they keep greenlighting these abortive pieces of shit? Do they actually make money?

Powder Keg
Jan 26, 2008, 04:51 PM
There's a lot of people out there who would probably think this movie is hlarious. Not to bash them or anything, but they probably do not regularly watch comedy shows/movies, etc.

Dangerous55
Jan 26, 2008, 06:18 PM
On 2008-01-26 13:16, Eihwaz wrote:
Why do they keep greenlighting these abortive pieces of shit? Do they actually make money?

You underestimate the amount of dickbags on Earth.

Temjin-On
Jan 27, 2008, 01:07 AM
On 2008-01-26 15:18, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2008-01-26 13:16, Eihwaz wrote:

You underestimate the amount of dickbags on Earth.

It'd be funny if it wasn't true.

But then again that's just a terribly pessimistic way to look at it.

KodiaX987
Jan 27, 2008, 09:15 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080127/120148147400.html

It's over. The universe is finished.

Sinue_v2
Jan 27, 2008, 09:48 PM
Then again spoof movies really just aren't that funny because they tend to be released after all the jokes have been made and are long dead and burried in the back of peoples minds.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/robin-hood-men-in-tights-73277.jpg

I know some people who would disagree with you.

NPCMook
Jan 27, 2008, 11:14 PM
On 2008-01-27 18:48, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Then again spoof movies really just aren't that funny because they tend to be released after all the jokes have been made and are long dead and burried in the back of peoples minds.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/robin-hood-men-in-tights-73277.jpg

Yes... but that movie had a Jew behind it!

CelestialBlade
Jan 28, 2008, 09:48 AM
These movies are popular every time they come out, so as long as they're still making money, we're going to have to put up with them. Some people really like these movies, so to each their own.

Personally I agree that the genre has run out of gas, but I did really enjoy the Scary Movie series and some of the earlier parody movies. They just need to start doing something a little different.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 3, 2008, 01:32 PM
Wow, am I the only guy here who actually LIKED this movie? Seriously, this movie was hilarious.

rogue_robot
Feb 3, 2008, 03:29 PM
Eh, the trick to enjoying movies like this is not to go in with high expectations. Expect a letdown.

Of course, it'd help if they didn't spend the entire advertising campaign broadcasting the punchline of every joke...

Scrub
Feb 3, 2008, 04:03 PM
On 2008-02-03 12:29, rogue_robot wrote:

Of course, it'd help if they didn't spend the entire advertising campaign broadcasting the punchline of every joke...

The reason why every comedy movie these days is terrible.

Weak
Feb 3, 2008, 04:58 PM
I thought Parody/Spoof movies had reached rock bottom, and then I saw the preview for this. I wanted to plug my ears and close my eyes. Someone needs to make a movie called "Awful movie" in which they spoof all of this crap that's been churned out over the past 7-8 years.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, actually. The Scary Movie series was funny. Everything after that? Kill me.

Syl
Feb 3, 2008, 07:27 PM
After Date Movie, none of these have had any appeal to me =/

Marche
Feb 4, 2008, 03:34 PM
the next "spoof" movie I look forward to seeing is "superhero movie"

i lol'd at the trailer

Shadowpawn
Feb 4, 2008, 03:58 PM

[spoiler-box]
http://www.penguincomics.net/dvdreviews/dvdrimages/spaceballs4.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2008-02-04 12:59 ]</font>

elainesangel9
Feb 5, 2008, 02:35 PM
its just the comedy, its not original or funny, its like fart jokes. they are funny when your 2, but come on.....also ive heard there are nothing but sex jokes in this movie...how stoooopid

NPCMook
Feb 5, 2008, 07:23 PM
On 2008-02-04 12:58, Shadowpawn wrote:

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2008-02-04 12:59 ]</font>
I think its ironic that you both mentioned 2 spoof movies written by the SAME genius, Mel Brooks, If you don't know who this man is... then you have no idea what kind of life you have/are missing out on.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It can pretty much count as the last extremely well done Spoof movie

I actually have high hopes for Get Smart as Mel Brooks is one of the writers. There are 2 other good writers, and 1 more who I don't think he'll do any good.

Dangerous55
Feb 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
On 2008-01-27 20:14, NPCMook wrote:
Yes... but that movie had a Jew behind it!

There is a Jew behind every Hollywood movie.

-Old Indian proverb

Sinue_v2
Feb 5, 2008, 08:17 PM
On 2008-02-05 16:23, NPCMook wrote:

On 2008-02-04 12:58, Shadowpawn wrote:

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

I think its ironic that you both mentioned 2 spoof movies written by the SAME genius, Mel Brooks, If you don't know who this man is... then you have no idea what kind of life you have/are missing out on.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It can pretty much count as the last extremely well done Spoof movie

I actually have high hopes for Get Smart as Mel Brooks is one of the writers. There are 2 other good writers, and 1 more who I don't think he'll do any good.

http://www.stippy.com/wp/wp-content/zuploads/2007/07/leslie-nielsen-as-demi-small.gif

Yes, Leslie Nielson was a genius at spoofs as well. Haven't seen D:DaLI, but his other films are hilarious.

Also - not sure if this counts as a "spoof" movie, but it's one of the funniest flicks probably noone here has ever seen.

http://www.bilgemunky.com/reviews/movies/images/yellowbeard.jpg

Cheech & Chong? Monty Python? Marty Feldman? Fuck Yeah!

BlaizeYES
Feb 7, 2008, 02:40 AM
i just loved in naked gun when they are showing "hilarious errors" in the baseball game, and it shows the centerfielder trying to catch the routine fly ball, and then suddenly you see a car drive on the field and run him over

KaneKahn
Feb 7, 2008, 03:06 PM
Naked Gun 33 1/2, the full body condoms lol.