PDA

View Full Version : white screen CRASH last night lost char!

STRIDER88
Feb 28, 2001, 08:33 PM
Hey all,
I have to share this with you all. Last night playing on V-hard with my ranger Strider88 about level 63. Playing in the ruins 3 with 3 other people M.child and some others went back to town lalalalala, hopped back in portal and BAM! The screen fades to white loud sfx is playing and DC reboots!!!!! I was like mother FUCKER!!!! Go to boot save and guess what "File cannot be used? I cant even load the char up no picture of her or anything.....I am so PIST! I have a back up save, but don?t know how to move from attached mail to new VMU....... oh and get this the VMU is ruined! I moved all the data to another VMU (minus the pso data) and I could not even save to the card at all anymore! Tried saving in Samba, power stone 2, Mvc and cap vs snk! So now even the VMU is 100% broken!
man I just find double sabers for everyone!!!
even had a mag cell waiting to be used http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

-I am a game developer and would NEVER let something like this go. I am sure there are complications I do not understand, but..................This makes me very angry!!!! Naka I love you and you?re great sonic team, but come on!

STRIDER88

Shoryu
Feb 28, 2001, 09:20 PM
format the vmu. Go to delete all. That should fix the VMU at least. To download from email, forward yourself the attachments then check your email in the DC web browser. Click attachments, and it's all go from there.

Bman
Feb 28, 2001, 09:54 PM
-I am a game developer and would NEVER let something like this go. I am sure there are complications I do not understand, but..................This makes me very angry!!!! Naka I love you and you?re great sonic team, but come

What? How dare you have the gall to criticize PSO! Do you think you can make a perfect game? Why are you blaming them for your own clumsiness? Who told you to blame so much? Losing characters to game crashes is a fact of videogames!

Note to the stupid: The preceding paragraph was 100% USDA approved sarcasm.

Manifest
Feb 28, 2001, 10:03 PM
On 2001-02-28 18:54, Bman wrote:

-I am a game developer and would NEVER let something like this go. I am sure there are complications I do not understand, but..................This makes me very angry!!!! Naka I love you and you?re great sonic team, but come

What? How dare you have the gall to criticize PSO! Do you think you can make a perfect game? Why are you blaming them for your own clumsiness? Who told you to blame so much? Losing characters to game crashes is a fact of videogames!

Note to the stupid: The preceding paragraph was 100% USDA approved sarcasm.

especially when playing pc games.

STRIDER88
Feb 28, 2001, 10:17 PM
Yo, yo relax I am not criticizing the game at all. I love the game I think it is a milesotne for online console games and am extatic about what it has brought to our industry. I just really wish it was easier for people to back up there saves. for an average consumer it can be a task to go to E-mail send save to youre e-mail account and what not. . . I have backed up my char so all is well. I just wish it was easier for people to back up there stuff. I also have no problem with the game crashing and what not it is to be expected although corrupting not only my pso save,but all my other files on the card and ruining my vmu for good never to use EVER again. I have even deleted everything from the VMU reformatted it and still no go. This makes me a little frusterated. I had all my samba 2000 saves on there yikes all songs opened! hehehehe overall no biggie is all kewl my brother http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

STRIDER88
what studio you work 4? drop me a line if you like
lata-

Bman
Feb 28, 2001, 10:28 PM
Strider, it was sarcasm.

STRIDER88
Feb 28, 2001, 10:33 PM
of course I know all is good, but really why no back up saves drives me nuts............. just a plain pain in the 'arse' (as kidd would say). I work on ps2 stuff as well been in the industry for a couple years now and I have to say PSO really will change console design all togther! Amazing when you think about it what this game has done for us.

Ambrai
Feb 28, 2001, 11:15 PM
hehe I had to read it 2x as well. I was like, wtf is he smoking...