PDA

View Full Version : english to arabic

Jehosaphaty
Jan 25, 2008, 03:45 PM
Okay kind of a weird request. I've got some english text I want translated into Arabic and I've got no idea how to accomplish that. I mean there's online resources, but I just don't know how accurate any of that biz is because as a spanish speaker, conversion sites butcher true definitions and general linguistics. Anybody know enough Arabic to help me get this right? or possibly know someone who could help? or could even point me in a general direction?

Sayara
Jan 25, 2008, 04:28 PM
Oh man, you need to be careful. I dont know alot of Arabic but there are many types of dialects of Arabic. (For example: Arabic spoken in Jordan has many differences than Lebanese or Egyptian Arabic.)

While this isn't exactly helping you but depending on who this message is for find an appropiate arabic Cuz sometimes those little nuances might not translate well to one or another.

PS: I find it cool someone wanting Arabic for a change and not japanese http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ABDUR101
Jan 25, 2008, 04:29 PM
Do you need arabic text or is transiteration alright? If I were you, I'd goto the yahoo chat channels, go either under the Arabic or the Islamic chat channels and I'm sure someone there will help you. I would'nt put much trust in using an online translation site.

Jehosaphaty
Jan 25, 2008, 05:20 PM
Oh man, you need to be careful. I dont know alot of Arabic but there are many types of dialects of Arabic. (For example: Arabic spoken in Jordan has many differences than Lebanese or Egyptian Arabic.)

PS: I find it cool someone wanting Arabic for a change and not japanese

To be honest the specific dialect isn't a big deal, but the exactness of what I want is. (Arabic text is beautiful stuff) Thanks abdur, that's probably my best bet. Online translations are generally get-the-gist-of-things and even then they're usually whack.