PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Pouilly question for blue burst.

Demonyx
Jan 25, 2008, 06:30 PM
I know the deal with the splitting of slimes to get a pouilly slime, and i know the Telepipe trick doesn't work online, but my question is does it work in "one person" mode in blue burst. So to reiterate; are the enemies in "one person" mode still generated and stored server side when you're in that mode since you're still online, or can you use the Telepipe trick at all?

any info would be appreciated. and i searched the forums, this was not asked before that i know of, and if it has been i apologize.

Jaspaller
Jan 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
Last I heard, piping doesn't work when you set it to one person.

Mystral
Jan 26, 2008, 01:11 AM
Blue Burst is 95% server side. Everything about enemies is always handled server side, even in one person mode.

Side note, possibly related: If you play on that other server, they mucked with the rare appearance rate, too. Might want to check there if that's where you play on how to get rares. If this is official, just disregard this line http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Demonyx
Jan 27, 2008, 05:42 PM
thx a lot for the responses, i actually finally got lucky after 8 straight hours of farming. =D

on a side note, i was wondering if the enemies that are spawned from a poufuilly slime split are only given id's on the first attempt or if you can split, pipe, and then resplit again when you go back for another random chance, or is it linked to the first split.

who knows, i guess we won't find out unless someone gets a red slime after piping and splitting again when returning.

thanks again

Mystral
Jan 27, 2008, 11:53 PM
On any other version, yes, you can re-split the slimes for extra chances at a rare. On Blue Burst, it's all saved server side, so piping out and re-splitting will always net you the same three slimes you got the first time.