PDA

View Full Version : PSU for PS3

strikershadow
Jan 28, 2008, 06:18 PM
I play this game on a PS2, i actually went out and bought a ps2 used just for this game. Anyway to keep a long story short i have some money saved up and debating on buying a PS3 or a 360. I want to get this game for the 360 mostly for the voice chat, but also the graphics. i dont think im going to start over ive only been playing for a month and actually made some friends so i think im going to buy a ps3 so it can be backwards compatible. the thing is tho the graphics for this game look better on the 360 and wondering if theres plans on making a ps3 version... anyone hear anything?

EMPYREAN
Jan 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
dont think it will be a ps3 version. but if u play it on a ps3 ull see a little bit better graphics.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
On 2008-01-28 15:50, EMPYREAN wrote:
dont think it will be a ps3 version. but if u play it on a ps3 ull see a large improvement in graphics.

Some people also say they get less lag.(including Chuck_Norris)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-01-28 16:43 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jan 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure EMPPYREAN got it right, as far as performance is concerned.

Though, I wouldn't buy either console just for PSU.

Osaka
Jan 28, 2008, 08:16 PM
be sure to check if the ps3 can support psu cuz not all ps3 are backwards compatible, 40gig = no support, 60gig = 100% BC (if u can find it), 80gig = limited support...i have the 60gig one, in my opinion the game doesn't translate well in the graphics/text box department, i suggest going to pc version that way u won't have to start over

Marshmallow
Feb 1, 2008, 02:30 AM
Using PSU on a PS3 is very doable. I have a 60 gig PS3 and I actually prefer playing on it than the PC version. Unfortunately, PSU didn't seem to upscale very well for me, so it doesn't look as good as it would on the PC, but I prefer the control scheme, and not being forced to buy a separate controller for the PC (additionally you won't have to buy the PC copy of the game if you get a PS3, and if you get the right PS3, it supports a wireless connection, so no more pesky wires.)

pionear
Feb 1, 2008, 02:36 AM
I'm just waiting on a Next Gen Phantasy Star for the PS3 or 360...

-Ryuki-
Feb 1, 2008, 02:40 AM
I was thinking about it, that way I could play it on my PS3 rather than PC, so when friends come over and whatnot, I can just hop onto my console. Reason why I'm skeptical about it is because I can't take pictures, and I don't have a keyboard for it.

Pikku
Feb 1, 2008, 02:44 AM
I actually see no difference (PSU wise) with the PS2 and 360 version.
The movement is better on the 360, but thats about it.

PIT
Feb 1, 2008, 02:05 PM
it's not actually true about the graphics. in the past few months i've only seen one game that looked better on PS3 than on X360. Maybe P$3 has better interior, but it doesn't have enough operational memory to use better textures than 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Also there's not too many games worth attention on $ony's system. All my friends who bought PS3 regret it now.

Kylie
Feb 1, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'd buy it, especially if it supported my $80 Logitech PS3 keyboard, which won't work on PS2 PSU (even on my PS3). -_-; I doubt this'll happen though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-02-01 11:16 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Feb 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-02-01 11:05, PIT wrote:
it's not actually true about the graphics. in the past few months i've only seen one game that looked better on PS3 than on X360. Maybe P$3 has better interior, but it doesn't have enough operational memory to use better textures than 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Also there's not too many games worth attention on $ony's system. All my friends who bought PS3 regret it now.

you've missed the point. This is not a console war topic. No1 is debating which system has better graphics, rather if playing the ps2 disk on a ps3 receives a graphics boost.

Xtian913
Feb 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
The voice chat on 360 is definitely SWEET, especially with friends on those night of endless searching for some rare. However, it can also make you wish you were deaf when loud children scream into their mic for fun.

Then again, when you're party leader you can instantly ban/boot - so that's fun too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seira7
Feb 1, 2008, 02:26 PM
On 2008-01-31 23:44, Pikku wrote:
I actually see no difference (PSU wise) with the PS2 and 360 version.
The movement is better on the 360, but thats about it.

Ive played both, and I noticed a HUGE difference.
But you need an hdtv and component cables, etc.
The ps2 version is really fuzzy while the 360 version looks like what a high-end puter can run, from my experience. The drawback is...Ive gone thru THREE xbox consoles because of 3ROD - so yea thats kind of a bummer.