PDA

View Full Version : So I just got collection, and...

Frana
Jan 29, 2008, 07:52 PM
I am completely lost. I don't know what to do on PS1. Where do I go? I hate using strategy guides off of cheat cc, because I can't ask it questions.

Saffran
Jan 29, 2008, 08:12 PM
How do I say this without sounding too rude...
Start from the beginning and READ THE TEXT this time around.
Then read the text when you talk to townspeople.
Then you should find your way.

Another trick if you don't know what dungeon to explore: if you die within the first round of any given fight, it was not the right dungeon to explore. Map the field and look somewhere else...

KaneKahn
Jan 30, 2008, 01:19 PM
Kids trying to play old games is laughable at best.

AlexCraig
Jan 30, 2008, 02:15 PM
I got my ass kicked in all the original PS games. I haven't really played them since.

KaneKahn
Jan 30, 2008, 04:43 PM
Because you lack skills to handle the Owl Bears.

Osaka
Jan 30, 2008, 06:41 PM
if all else fails gamefaqs should have walkthrus

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 30, 2008, 07:05 PM
Pick which one you want to journey through, and we can give you tips on wherever you get stuck. In the case of the first game, right off the bat, you'll want to investigate the buildings in Camineet. One is a dungeon containing something you need (I forget just what, off hand), and in another building, a guy will give you a Laconian pot, which you'll eventually need. The next thing you do, is to level on mobs outside the city, and progressively toward the East. You'll want to get to the city of Scion, which is on the coast. There, you'll need to find a place where you can buy "secrets", and that should get you started. You're looking for a guy named "Odin" but you've gotta find his cat, before finding him will do you any good.

For Phantasy Star II, wander out of Paseo and just explore for a while. Get some levels, and when you get to Arima, to the East of Paseo, go home. You'll get another party member. Level some more, and venture North-East of Arima, until you find a dungeon. Explore it fully, then make your way South-East of there, until you find the Tower of Nido. You should've gotten some dynamite in the previous dungeon, so you can gain entrance. Rescue the girl from the tower, take her to the North Bridge, and behold the unfolding plot. Always return home after discovering a new town on Mota.

For Phantasy Star III, go to the castle. You'll find your bride in a room on the West side. Walk in there with her, and that should start you going. After the story segment concludes, open up the chests, then leave the dungeon. Head for a town to the South. Talk to people. Do some levelling, and work your way East. You should encounter another town along the way. Continue East, veering North, taking hints from NPCs in the towns you find. You'll find an android waiting for you in a Valley. When you have her in your party, a ship's captain in the city to the South of the starting city will take you to an island where you'll have your first real bit of action.

In Phantasy Star IV, walk to the left to meet back up with Alys. You'll then go talk to the Principal. Head down to the bottom floor of the Academy. Still in the building, move to the center area, and head through the door at the top of the room. You'll gain a party member. Venture down the stairs, and fully explore the basement. After fighting the Igglanova (I believe that's the one you fight there), return the the Principal's office. Leave the town, and head in a North-Easterly direction. You're looking for a town full of petrified people. Head South, through the valley on the right.

That should get you started on each of the games.