PDA

View Full Version : Who here has tried the English patch for Tales of Phantasia

SATatami
Jan 30, 2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcxIeXKp65o

A short vid I made of it... Yadda yadda. Has anyone else tried this? It's so awesome. @_@

Also, no asking for the ISO or the patch.

Norcris
Jan 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, it's sexy. I've been playing it... it's really well done.

I've been playing it on an emulator, but i've been wondering... would PSX imports work on an American PS2 with a swap magic disc? I think I read somewhere that it doesn't work, but I'm not sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norcris on 2008-01-30 09:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norcris on 2008-01-30 09:37 ]</font>

SATatami
Jan 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
On 2008-01-30 09:33, Norcris wrote:
Yeah, it's sexy. I've been playing it... it's really well done.

I've been playing it on an emulator, but i've been wondering... would PSX imports work on an American PS2 with a swap magic disc? I think I read somewhere that it doesn't work, but I'm not sure.

To my knowledge, yes, they do.

Seira7
Feb 2, 2008, 01:42 AM
got it the minute they posted it - been waiting patiently for years! I even have an actual copy of TOP for ps...been holding onto it for nostalgias sake or so I thought....

I dont really like the new tales games with the cutesy 3-d graphics/costumes and choices of : really easy, easy, normal, a bit hard, maybe hard - pfft

give me TOP over that crap anyday man, i find it challenging without hard mode enabled XD. Im so happy they came out with this patch! I love all the ps incarnations. But this one the most...thanks for the post thought, everyone should play this.

SATatami
Feb 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
On 2008-02-01 22:42, Seira7 wrote:
got it the minute they posted it - been waiting patiently for years! I even have an actual copy of TOP for ps...been holding onto it for nostalgias sake or so I thought....

I dont really like the new tales games with the cutesy 3-d graphics/costumes and choices of : really easy, easy, normal, a bit hard, maybe hard - pfft

give me TOP over that crap anyday man, i find it challenging without hard mode enabled XD. Im so happy they came out with this patch! I love all the ps incarnations. But this one the most...thanks for the post thought, everyone should play this.

Get Abyss, and play unknown mode. And rejoice. The first random enemy you're forced to fight in the game? Going all out, it takes 25~35 minutes. >_>; FOR A PIG.

Noblewine
Feb 2, 2008, 04:54 PM
I have the GBA remake, the game is good but Dark Blade is hard to do. <.<

Norcris
Feb 2, 2008, 09:13 PM
On 2008-02-02 08:17, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-01 22:42, Seira7 wrote:

Get Abyss, and play unknown mode. And rejoice. The first random enemy you're forced to fight in the game? Going all out, it takes 25~35 minutes. >_>; FOR A PIG.

Abyss' unknown mode was a little overdone. It's not even hard most of the time. The battles just take an unbearably long time.

Play the Tales of Destiny remake on chaos mode if you want a challenge where the enemies don't have 9999999 defense.