PDA

View Full Version : That's always fun to find out.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 1, 2008, 09:04 AM
A couple of years ago I was laid up with a fractured foot bone for a month. Aunt sent me a $50 Amazon.com gift card I thought I used up. Just ordered a cd off Amazon for the first time since then and found that I still had money left on it. Paid just under 1/2 the price instead of what I would have paid.

Anyone else have a story they want to share like this? Or one of a similar nature?

McLaughlin
Feb 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
Plently of busted bone stories, no getting money because of it stories though.

amtalx
Feb 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm probably going to use my stimulus money to buy a PS3. Does that count? Sony has to figure out their replacement for the 80GB PS3 first.

ABDUR101
Feb 1, 2008, 12:08 PM
When I first started working, I'd put my cash in the back of a dresser drawer, because my brother would have his friends over and I never trusted them. So one day I'm looking for a particular shirt, and I feel this envelop(this was years after I stopped putting my money in my dresser). I'm thinking "..what the hell.." and I'm about to just toss it out, when I look inside and see about $350 setting inside.

Best forgotten treasure ever!

Masou
Feb 1, 2008, 12:13 PM
i've never had a broken bone in my life.

Pengfishh
Feb 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
Late in '06, I was going through my file cabinet to reorganize my various, ya know, files, and found an envelope of sixty dollars just chilling within my bank statements. Sure needed it at the time, golly.

Kylie
Feb 1, 2008, 02:38 PM
You just reminded me I have an FYE gift card from my birthday...

Blue-Hawk
Feb 1, 2008, 05:49 PM
MORE interesting luck. Had a half day of work today. Decided to go to a mall I haven't been to in a couple of years since it's out of my way. Saw an honest to god Funcoland and walked in.

Almost crapped myself when I saw the gba games. On the shelf is quite possibly one of the RAREST GBA game in existance.

Doom 2! I've been looking for that. Happy days. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seira7
Feb 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
o.o that happens to me at hastings. old school video game goodness XD - I actually found a new copy of PSO Plus collecting dust at one *glee* not to mention a lot of old GBA games too - Im still looking for PS Gitaroo Man at a hastings so I can sell it on ebay hehe.

Frana
Feb 1, 2008, 09:49 PM
I had 23 dollars on a eb edge card once, I spent it, called in to check the balance and it said I had 50 bucks. Spent that, too.

Monochrome
Feb 1, 2008, 09:54 PM
On 2008-02-01 14:49, Blue-Hawk wrote:
MORE interesting luck. Had a half day of work today. Decided to go to a mall I haven't been to in a couple of years since it's out of my way. Saw an honest to god Funcoland and walked in.

Almost crapped myself when I saw the gba games. On the shelf is quite possibly one of the RAREST GBA game in existance.

Doom 2! I've been looking for that. Happy days. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

oh my gosh, that's rare?! Everytime I go to Games 4 Less its just sitting there factory-sealed for 20 bucks.. I keep thinkin "i should get that...but nahh I have the psx version"..

I found $20 in an envelope (couple years ago) in my dresser that had sat there since the mid 90's..but that is all..

Firocket1690
Feb 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
I've had the standard finding $20 in the laundry a bunch of times.

Well, last night, I was digging around for my gba pokemon games, and found Creed's Weathered cd. nothing special, but it was the first cd I ever bought. Probably for a fifth grade music report. I'd lost the box long ago, but found the cd itself last night. Not really nostalgic, not really important, and not my favourite band, but it was a first, so eh.

I'd kill to find that old kirby tilt and tumble game. lost it forever ago, never seen it again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2008-02-02 12:52 ]</font>