PDA

View Full Version : who her knows who..

cloud805
Feb 2, 2008, 12:18 AM
Metallica is one of the most awesome bands out there master of puppets is my favorite song learning how to play it as a matter of fact http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaneKahn
Feb 2, 2008, 12:28 AM
You fail. Since Kurt Cobain's death Metallica, hasn't been the same. Learn yourself some Pink Floyd, that'll make you someone less of a loser.

cloud805
Feb 2, 2008, 12:30 AM
u again ur a hater

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cloud805 on 2008-02-01 21:31 ]</font>

Kent
Feb 2, 2008, 01:26 AM
I like coherence. I also like not flaming people.

Does having an opinion make me a hater?

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 2, 2008, 01:57 AM
I will say this only once: There is a reason why no individual band is covered more by High School bands than Metallica. They're a bunch of talentless drunks, who earn their popularity by using simple chord progressions, and having their lead singer try to sound like he has balls.

Simply enough, I'm not impressed with them, and any respect for them that I may have once had, is long since gone.

ABDUR101
Feb 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
On 2008-02-01 21:28, KaneKahn wrote:
You fail. Since Kurt Cobain's death Metallica, hasn't been the same. Learn yourself some Pink Floyd, that'll make you someone less of a loser.

Kurt Kobain was the lead singer of Nirvana, not Metallica. Don't try and be a smartass if you can't pull it off.

However, yes to the Pink Floyd, aswell as Rush, Iggy Pop, etc.

Allos
Feb 2, 2008, 11:57 AM
On 2008-02-01 22:57, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I will say this only once: There is a reason why no individual band is covered more by High School bands than Metallica. They're a bunch of talentless drunks, who earn their popularity by using simple chord progressions, and having their lead singer try to sound like he has balls.

Simply enough, I'm not impressed with them, and any respect for them that I may have once had, is long since gone.

While I might harbor the same opinion concerning Metallica past their self-titled album (though to be honest, that's grossly overrated), their first four albums were legitimately decent to very-well-done thrash metal. Some of their songs may be easy to play, but a good lot of the older bunch are not.

SATatami
Feb 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
Ahh, Metallica. Like a drunken girl at a party, at first it's great... Then it goes down... Then it sucks.... And now we're completely fucked. =/

Split
Feb 2, 2008, 12:34 PM
metallica's sick, there earlier stuff just kinda blows...unforgiven=amazing freakin song

KaneKahn
Feb 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
On 2008-02-02 08:19, ABDUR101 wrote:

Kurt Kobain was the lead singer of Nirvana, not Metallica. Don't try and be a smartass if you can't pull it off.

However, yes to the Pink Floyd, aswell as Rush, Iggy Pop, etc.

*Claps hands* First person here to get it, I commend thee.

Powder Keg
Feb 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
Earlier Metallica was good, then they started sucking ass with everything after '94. After their whole Napster tirade, I lost any respect I had for them.

The bands you should all listen to are:

Faith No More
Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
Killing Joke
Suicidal Tendencies

Just to name a few. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pengfishh
Feb 2, 2008, 01:48 PM
Haha, Metallica.

Allos
Feb 2, 2008, 08:07 PM
On 2008-02-02 09:34, Split wrote:
metallica's sick, there earlier stuff just kinda blows...unforgiven=amazing freakin song

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NPCMook
Feb 2, 2008, 08:23 PM
Learning other peoples songs is okay... learning to play your own songs is even better

MetaZedlen
Feb 2, 2008, 10:36 PM

Let him enjoy the music he wants, as everyone does. If you happen to think that just because he likes a band that you don't makes him a faliure, then go fuck around in another forum, preferably one for all of the other 60 year old assholes such as yourself.

Digressing from that, nice on the learning of the songs, I enjoy Metallica as well.

Split
Feb 2, 2008, 10:44 PM
On 2008-02-02 17:07, Allos wrote:

Idon't know what you're laughing at, if you think kill'em all or garage inc. trump Master of Puppets, then you lack taste...If you think Metallica is, in general, a bad band, then that's kind of ignorant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2008-02-02 19:47 ]</font>

Allos
Feb 3, 2008, 01:44 AM
On 2008-02-02 19:44, Split wrote:

On 2008-02-02 17:07, Allos wrote:

Idon't know what you're laughing at, if you think kill'em all or garage inc. trump Master of Puppets, then you lack taste...If you think Metallica is, in general, a bad band, then that's kind of ignorant.

Don't get your panties in a bundle.

I should have specified that the "LOLs" were for your statement concerning Metallica's earlier works. "Kill 'Em All", "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", and "...And Justice for All" are their best albums. After those releases, they went from playing decent/very good thrash metal to hard rock/alternative crap. Their self-titled is not a bad album, but it's not thrash metal and I personally find it to be vastly overrated. "Master of Puppets", though among their early releases, is probably the most overrated of the early batch (though it's still pretty good). "St. Anger" is a joke on every single level, and Garage Inc. is all cover songs (so it clearly cannot even be compared).

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2008, 04:17 AM
On 2008-02-02 17:23, NPCMook wrote:
Learning other peoples songs is okay... learning to play your own songs is even better

As a guitarist, I can't agree. Though it does promote creativity you won't learn a thing if you only work on your songs and your own style. You need to branch out and learn how other musicians do it.

On the subject of Metallica, there music isn't that easy to play. The new stuff is lame and the old albums aren't cram-packed with awesome but they have more then a few handfuls of great songs. "Master of Puppets" isn't the easiest thing I've learned by any means (and for any guitarists out there, it's supposed to be picked entirely with downstrokes). Just because Metallica lacks incredible musicians doesn't make them a bad band nor does it make their songs bad. It's undeniable their music is popular despite the musicians' "lack of talent." Most of their music isn't really challenging but neither is Nirvana's. It just has to sound good.

Split
Feb 3, 2008, 01:12 PM
I do agree that their NEWEST new stuff does kinda suck.