PDA

View Full Version : wow, the glitchers were permanently banned!

Shishi-O
Feb 2, 2008, 06:29 AM
i heard it was a 2 day suspension but i just read the official website.

the people that i knew of were being pretty flippant about it and even wanted to glitch because they were only gonna be suspended for 2 days.

just wow.

relentless
Feb 2, 2008, 06:32 AM
Fools.

DavidNel
Feb 2, 2008, 06:48 AM
Thank god I never learned how to glitch... Some call it lazyness, I call it self-preservation, lol.

Shishi-O
Feb 2, 2008, 06:50 AM
On 2008-02-02 03:48, DavidNel wrote:
Thank god I never learned how to glitch... Some call it lazyness, I call it self-preservation, lol.

someone kept trying to get me to do it, i just thought it was meh, but i never expected this

Soda
Feb 2, 2008, 06:55 AM
As Long as it dosent end up Like PSO lol.Sega Is doing a good Job,I hope they aint banning the wrong ppl though,that would suck

darthplagis
Feb 2, 2008, 06:58 AM
it says nothing, other than what they sed last week about bans, ie 48 hr then SoA deciding further action.

i for one got banned i hope itsjust a 48 hr or my kan yu and zagza will just disappear along with my twin tornados.

yes i accept i did the glitch enuf so i had some grinders for myself. i never sold them nor the weapons i ground/intended to grind, with them.

dingo123
Feb 2, 2008, 07:06 AM
On 2008-02-02 03:58, darthplagis wrote:
it says nothing, other than what they sed last week about bans, ie 48 hr then SoA deciding further action.

i for one got banned i hope itsjust a 48 hr or my kan yu and zagza will just disappear along with my twin tornados.

yes i accept i did the glitch enuf so i had some grinders for myself. i never sold them nor the weapons i ground/intended to grind, with them.

when you try to sign in and it says "Your access to Phantasy star universe is currently dissable." then youre permanent banned. you will need to talk to the GMs and tell them you didnt glitch massively and hope they unban you

landman
Feb 2, 2008, 07:14 AM
The 48h ban were based on reports, then Sega checked the logs and found them guilty or not to permanent ban them or to free them if they were innocent.

Shishi-O
Feb 2, 2008, 07:28 AM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid25

Grinder Duplication Exploit
Obviously now everyone is aware there is an item duplication exploit in the game, most obviously on the Xbox 360 although it may be on the PC or PS2 as well.

We have been investigating this issue for a few weeks, and some people might have heard that we had suspended about a dozen suspected accounts before Sonic Team was able to zero in on the logs of the cheaters and report them to the GMs. We released the accounts that were only guilty of buying and selling duplicated items and permanently banned the known cheaters.

Last night the secret method to duplicate items was published and we have been forced to suspend 26 more accounts, maybe more before the exploit method is removed.

As we have warned in an in game message, please be aware that we are suspending accounts for at least 48 hours that we suspect are using the glitch. Further actions including permanent bans will be determined by Sonic Team.

We just got a list of cheaters from Sonic team and have banned 30 accounts on the Xbox 360 and 2 accounts on PS2/PC, all of which were confirmed as exploiting the glitch massively.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2008-02-02 04:29 ]</font>

darthplagis
Feb 2, 2008, 08:36 AM
yeah like i said, nothing new on perma ban shishi-o

cheers dingo it appears ive been perma banned, funny tho it happened at the update so i was not one of those in the post mentioned above as it was posted B4 the update took place (yes i was signed in till the update kicked in). if thats the case im really offended, i only i did the damn thing twice. as i sed i never sold any and only ground weaps i intended to keep for myself. i do accept a temp ban is fitting but a perma when ppl had 4 chars with shops full of them they shud be the perma ban PPL

i'll have to hammer the GM's on monday. even just to let me give my weapons to my friends. hello FFXI

Hrith
Feb 2, 2008, 08:44 AM
Good news, then, even if I don't play there.

drizzle
Feb 2, 2008, 09:01 AM
On 2008-02-02 05:36, darthplagis wrote:
cheers dingo it appears ive been perma banned, funny tho it happened at the update so i was not one of those in the post mentioned above as it was posted B4 the update took place (yes i was signed in till the update kicked in). if thats the case im really offended, i only i did the damn thing twice.

Hey you know I'd be really offended if they would have let you people get away with that. Next time a glitch is discovered let's all abuse it once or twice because that's OK eh?

SATatami
Feb 2, 2008, 09:23 AM
lol, only 2 banned on PC/PS2? Well, it's not as massive a deal over here...

TQS
Feb 2, 2008, 09:26 AM
I have a friend who got banned and didn't even use the glitch. He just bought 2 stacks and grinders and later on he was banned. guess there banning people for buying them, unless it was a mistake on Sonic teams part.

SATatami
Feb 2, 2008, 09:28 AM
On 2008-02-02 06:26, TQS wrote:
I have a friend who got banned and didn't even use the glitch. He just bought 2 stacks and grinders and later on he was banned. guess there banning people for buying them, unless it was a mistake on Sonic teams part.

It's been stated that they're banning for buying those duped grinders. The ones that are like, sold for 200 or some crap like that.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 2, 2008, 01:25 PM
If you're unjustly banned, talk to sega team. In my own experience, if you can clearly explain what happened, and they check their logs about these things, they can take back a ban. I was banned(for knowing hackers, that's it), sega checked my logs as I spoke to them about things, they saw the error of their ways as I had done nothing and even avoid all hacking situations. I lost a month roughly of play, so they gave me the next month free.

Now, if you were producing a bunch of these grinders, don't expect to be let off the hook. If you bought the grinders, talk to sega team, tell them to check you logs and say that you only bought grinders and did not mean to cause any problems, and I'm sure they'll work something out with you.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-02-02 10:27 ]</font>