PDA

View Full Version : Tommorrow Super Bowl will be historic no matter the outcome.

Shadowpawn
Feb 3, 2008, 01:04 AM
Usually I don't care about sport related news because I simply don't follow sports, I never have. However, this one has piped my interest. As you may or may have not heard the New England Patriots have gone undefeated this entire season. A feat that is nothing to jeer at, and if they win this Super Bowl game they will be the first team in history to have a perfect record the entire season. If they Giants win they will be the ones who stopped the undefeated Patriots.

This simply is a match up that is too good for not only sports fans but for anyone who has a chance to see a historic event...even if it is only football.

Well, that's my take on it. What's yours?

Ketchup345
Feb 3, 2008, 01:10 AM
On 2008-02-02 22:04, Shadowpawn wrote:
As you may or may have not heard the New England Patriots have gone undefeated this entire season. A feat that is nothing to jeer at, and if they win this Super Bowl game they will be the first team in history to have a perfect record the entire season.The 1972 Dolphins would like a word with you (they did it, but at the time, the season was shorter I believe).

Living right around the line of equal Patriots and Giants fans is, well, interesting. Though I am one of those that ignore the game and watch the commercials.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2008-02-02 22:11 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Feb 3, 2008, 01:12 AM
Hey I said I didn't follow sports, how was I to know that little tibit. ;O;

Weeaboolits
Feb 3, 2008, 01:25 AM
They'd still be the second! (maybe)

Pengfishh
Feb 3, 2008, 03:51 AM
Third. '35 Bears.

KaneKahn
Feb 3, 2008, 06:31 AM
Last "historic" Super Bowl was 1986 (or Super Bowl XX). Bears 46 Patriots 10.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 3, 2008, 10:31 AM
The patriots being 18-0 is still the longest undefeated streak in a season. When the Dolphins won the superbowl in their undefeated season, they only played 17 games.

THE JACKEL

Kylie
Feb 3, 2008, 01:11 PM
Every thing's historic, nowadays. ;x

Ketchup345
Feb 3, 2008, 01:33 PM
On 2008-02-03 00:51, Pengfishh wrote:
Third. '35 Bears.
1935 on wiki shows a 6win-4loss-2tie record. In 1934, they had a perfect season but lost the Championship Game to the Giants.

Firocket1690
Feb 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
In 2006, Firo went 21-0 consecutive wins undefeated in Tetris DS.
Epic historic event.

CelestialBlade
Feb 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
No team that almost gets beat by the freaking Ravens is "perfect." End of story.

Also these commercials aren't that great so far....

CelestialBlade
Feb 3, 2008, 10:13 PM
Oh look, I was right. The Pats are imperfect, and their coach is a big baby/sore loser for walking off the field before the game ended.

Go Giants and go Lil Manning!

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2008, 10:17 PM
Shiet, go Burress. Burress caugh that game winning touch down. But earlier, when Eli got out of that huge mess of players throwing that first down -- That really just turned things around.

chaoskila
Feb 3, 2008, 10:24 PM
GIANTS!!!
17-14
GO ELI!

GuerillaPimp
Feb 3, 2008, 10:36 PM
Actually the Giants did make history (sorta) Since Eli won, he and Peyton are the first brothers to win back to back superbowls

Sharkyland
Feb 3, 2008, 10:39 PM
Fricking unbelieveable. I swear I must still be dreaming.

SJW89
Feb 3, 2008, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDaQ77F1660

That wasn't even all of it lol that was running on the way back and I was tired, I forgot to hit the record button because I took off on down the street so fast, every dog in the neighborhood went crazy

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 10:55 PM
On 2008-02-03 19:47, SJW89 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDaQ77F1660

That wasn't even all of it lol that was running on the way back and I was tired, I forgot to hit the record button because I took off on down the street so fast, every dog in the neighborhood went crazy

WTF is your problem? XD

CelestialBlade
Feb 3, 2008, 11:08 PM
http://mcw.ath.cx/img/hindenburg.jpg

BlaizeYES
Feb 3, 2008, 11:45 PM
ELI I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN YOU, MY BOY

Sexy_Raine
Feb 3, 2008, 11:56 PM
Yay! (I'm from NYC btw)

I must say this. Don't believe in the fucking media hype, as everyone pretty much doubted the Giants could beat them. They just proved everyone wrong, and truly deserve to be champions. I'm done here.

Xaeris
Feb 4, 2008, 12:04 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/godbradylol.jpg

SJW89
Feb 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
On 2008-02-03 20:56, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Yay! (I'm from NYC btw)

I must say this. Don't believe in the fucking media hype, as everyone pretty much doubted the Giants could beat them. They just proved everyone wrong, and truly deserve to be champions. I'm done here.

I'm from New York too. The Giants f'ing deserved this. I so badly wish I made a bet with people at work who would win, our supervisor was actually holding the bet money for us lol.

Tesya
Feb 4, 2008, 12:13 AM
Giants defense played like men possesed and they disereved this win congrats to thrm and wooot!

VanHalen
Feb 4, 2008, 12:52 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Envy_06/touchdown2.jpg

ELI I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN YOU, MY BOY

Same here! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2008-02-03 21:53 ]</font>

Zael
Feb 4, 2008, 03:09 AM
On 2008-02-03 20:08, Typheros wrote:
http://mcw.ath.cx/img/hindenburg.jpg

Almost died laughing

SJW89
Feb 4, 2008, 06:44 AM
On 2008-02-03 21:13, Tesya wrote:
Giants defense played like men possesed and they disereved this win congrats to thrm and wooot!

Did you see the Patriots' last punt return? They got raped by like 8 people nearly seconds after they caught it!

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 4, 2008, 08:00 AM
On 2008-02-03 21:04, Xaeris wrote:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/godbradylol.jpg

see stuff like that is just stupid

Even if he didn't win this game, he won the superbowl 3 out of his first 4 years on the team. The Patriots had never won before that. Been there plenty, but had never won. Tom Brady has done amazing things for the Patriots franchise, and no one can argue that he's an amazing quarterback.

In a way I feel bad for the giants. They won but, more people are focusing on the fact that the Patriots lost. Kinda sucks for them if you ask me.

THE JACKEL

Xaeris
Feb 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
I'm not disputing he's a great quarterback. I'm merely reveling in the fact that he's finally exposed as being human and not the freaking god Pat bandwagoners made him up to be. He crumples under a sack just like every other quarterback. 'Cept Manning.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-02-04 09:33, Xaeris wrote:
I'm not disputing he's a great quarterback. I'm merely reveling in the fact that he's finally exposed as being human and not the freaking god Pat bandwagoners made him up to be. He crumples under a sack just like every other quarterback. 'Cept Manning.

except manning?

Oh c'mon. That's just absurd to say. And most Pats fans are not bandwagoners, at least not any that I know. On top of that, to someone such as myself who has watched the Pats my entire life, Tom Brady is a football God. Tom Brady is to the Pats as Brett Favre is to Green Bay. Yet people don't seem to have a problem with him.

THE JACKEL

CelestialBlade
Feb 4, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-02-04 11:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-02-04 09:33, Xaeris wrote:

except manning?

Oh c'mon. That's just absurd to say. And most Pats fans are not bandwagoners, at least not any that I know. On top of that, to someone such as myself who has watched the Pats my entire life, Tom Brady is a football God. Tom Brady is to the Pats as Brett Favre is to Green Bay. Yet people don't seem to have a problem with him.

THE JACKEL

Many people see Tom Brady as a cocky little prettyboy, and it isn't hard to see why. Look how many magazine covers he's on where he looks like a friggin' supermodel, look at all the celebrity-status women he's constantly surrounded by, listen to how Plaxico Burress claimed before the SB that the Giants were going to hold the Patriots to 17 points or less, then Brady responded by laughing.

Favre, however, is more of a gruff "man's man," and a more heroic figure than someone easily hated (I view Peyton Manning in a similar manner). He's not cocky, he's not trying to look pretty, he's out there to play some football and has been doing so for a very long time, as one of the most accomplished QBs in NFL history. I have a lot easier time cheering for him.

Tom Brady has all the talent in the world, but you have to admit, it's very easy to hate the guy.

Xaeris
Feb 4, 2008, 02:50 PM
Well I was just kidding about Manning. I only said that 'cause of the freaking Houdini he pulled; though, I freely admit that was just a happy, happy fluke.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
On 2008-02-04 11:30, Typheros wrote:
Tom Brady has all the talent in the world, but you have to admit, it's very easy to hate the guy.

It's much easier to hate Peyton Manning if you ask me. He was fed everything with a silver spoon. He was suppose to win his superbowl well before last season. He was considered the best QB ever. Brady earned his place on the team when Bledsuck got hurt. Tell me why I'm watching any sports game, and a Peyton Manning commercial comes on. He is not the symbol of football, and many people I know are extremely annoyed to see his commercials all the time. Sometimes they're funny, but he's just in too damn many commercials, and sells himself way too much.

I have no problem with Eli Manning, maybe his father though for saying, "My son will not play on the Chargers."

THE JACKEL

CelestialBlade
Feb 4, 2008, 04:32 PM
On 2008-02-04 12:00, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2008-02-04 11:30, Typheros wrote:

It's much easier to hate Peyton Manning if you ask me. He was fed everything with a silver spoon. He was suppose to win his superbowl well before last season. He was considered the best QB ever. Brady earned his place on the team when Bledsuck got hurt. Tell me why I'm watching any sports game, and a Peyton Manning commercial comes on. He is not the symbol of football, and many people I know are extremely annoyed to see his commercials all the time. Sometimes they're funny, but he's just in too damn many commercials, and sells himself way too much.

I have no problem with Eli Manning, maybe his father though for saying, "My son will not play on the Chargers."

THE JACKEL

I can equally understand your viewpoint on Peyton, you either like the guy or you don't. He's personally one of my sports heroes and I've always loved the Colts, growing up in Indiana, but to each their own. I still think he has a more likeable personality than Brady does.

Masou
Feb 4, 2008, 04:38 PM
even though it was right by my house.
i didnt go to the superbowl because i was lazy and watching football bores me <3