PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Riders Zero Gravity/PSU

Frana
Feb 3, 2008, 07:28 PM
I got the first one last year right, and I kept expecting Ethan to be in it. Rented ZG last week, and he's still not in it. Why not? I'm not one of those lame fanboys, but it would have been pretty easy to put him in a game with hoverboards. I don't know, I guess I'm just a little surprised. Has any one else played ZG?

Nitro Vordex
Feb 3, 2008, 08:26 PM
Question: Why the hell would they put Ethan into a game full of talking animals? He's not related to the storyline, he doesn't use rings, he's from a totally different everything, and he just wouldn't cut it as a character in a game such as Sonic Riders.
Now, an explanation as to why you think he would be in such a game would be greatly appreciated.

Scrub
Feb 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'd rather them put Ethan in it, as destable a character as he might be, then to them randomly creating eight new unnecessary characters they feel the need to cram into every new Sonic game.

Sinue_v2
Feb 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
Why not add in PS references to a Sonic game? It's not like Sonic Team ever hesitates to jam pack their PS game full of Sonic references/decorations/character models/events/weapons/music/etc...

... oh! Wait.. SA2 did have billboard advertisements for Ep I & II and item boxes! ...eh...

Frana
Feb 3, 2008, 11:51 PM
At least somone remembered there both made by Sonic Team...

PhotonDrop
Feb 3, 2008, 11:53 PM
On 2008-02-03 17:26, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Question: Why the hell would they put Ethan into a game full of talking animals? He's not related to the storyline, he doesn't use rings, he's from a totally different everything, and he just wouldn't cut it as a character in a game such as Sonic Riders.
Now, an explanation as to why you think he would be in such a game would be greatly appreciated.

None of that seemed to be a problem to NiGHTS.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2008, 03:16 AM
On 2008-02-03 20:53, PhotonDrop wrote:

On 2008-02-03 17:26, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

None of that seemed to be a problem to NiGHTS.

you forget that NiGHTS was epic.
Ethan was overdone lulz. A predictable character with an obvious personality(That might be the other way around;)). NiGHTS, and what's her face from Space Channel 5, I thought they fit right in, as they both seem to be able high flying, fast speed.
Really though, I know that they're made by the same people, I know they did the advertising thing, hell, I have both SA's for Dreamcast, and have spent hours trying to find goodies and extras, such as the advertising.
Then, at some point, Sonic will be in an out-of-company fight game as a third party character.

Oh-ho, but that's rediculous. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Weeaboolits
Feb 4, 2008, 03:56 AM
Keep playing, you might unlock Heathclif Flowen.

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 4, 2008, 11:18 AM
It would have made sense to make the game about Ethan since the only time you see him on the hoverboard is when he gets his dumb ass run over by the Maidencade. Really, even THAT isn't a requirement for a cameo appearance. Fun cameos that have nothing to do with story don't have to make sense, they just have to have some cool factor in them. (oh wait, it's Ethan. Nevermind... <_<)