PDA

View Full Version : How do you consider someone emo?

Frana
Feb 3, 2008, 11:54 PM
Everyone calls me emo. The thing is, I don't think I am. The only thing I can think of that would justify this is that I have black hair(naturally, not dyed) and i'm all ways reading a manga. How can you get "emo" out of that?

SATatami
Feb 3, 2008, 11:59 PM
Dammit, this isn't FKL. >_>; Anyways. Those aren't emo traits, unless you're reading so hardcore goth stuff 24/7.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-03 20:59 ]</font>

Syl
Feb 4, 2008, 12:01 AM
On 2008-02-03 20:54, Frana wrote:
Everyone calls me emo. The thing is, I don't think I am. The only thing I can think of that would justify this is that I have black hair(naturally, not dyed) and i'm all ways reading a manga. How can you get "emo" out of that?

Just thought I'd bold it for emphasis. See, nowadays, people can't be creative with their insults so they resort to calling everything emo. If you ask me, that's hella played out. Just hearing someone say something is emo makes me want to bash someone over their head with a baseball bat.

I don't understand how they get calling you emo either... If you're wearing scene clothing (tight jeans and small t-shirts) it might be "why" but I doubt that. But yeah, just ignore them. Sounds easier than it is, but don't let them get under your skin

I mean, it's not like they get to decide for you what you are anyways right? That choice is up to you. If you believe you aren't, then you aren't.

SATatami
Feb 4, 2008, 12:05 AM
On 2008-02-03 21:01, SylviaEspada wrote:

Just thought I'd bold it for emphasis. See, nowadays, people can't be creative with their insults so they resort to calling everything emo. If you ask me, that's hella played out. Just hearing someone say something is emo makes me want to bash someone over their head with a baseball bat.

I don't understand how they get calling you emo either... If you're wearing scene clothing (tight jeans and small t-shirts) it might be "why" but I doubt that. But yeah, just ignore them. Sounds easier than it is, but don't let them get under your skin

I mean, it's not like they get to decide for you what you are anyways right? That choice is up to you. If you believe you aren't, then you aren't.

Does that mean that if a person holds a bloody knife in his hand that was recently used, if he believes, he's not a murderer?

Weeaboolits
Feb 4, 2008, 12:31 AM
It might be manslaughter.

KaneKahn
Feb 4, 2008, 02:47 AM
*not a very appropriate link. Keep things PG-13*

If you have one or more of these traits, you are Emo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaneKahn on 2008-02-03 23:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2008-02-04 00:32 ]</font>

Zelutos
Feb 4, 2008, 03:13 AM
I wish my grass was emo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Syl
Feb 4, 2008, 04:12 AM
On 2008-02-03 21:05, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-03 21:01, SylviaEspada wrote:

Does that mean that if a person holds a bloody knife in his hand that was recently used, if he believes, he's not a murderer?

lol I knew someone was going to say something like that. Obviously the comparison is null because holding a knife after brutally killing someone and denying being a murderer is obviously absurd and doesn't exactly compare here at all.

Personal denial isn't slander, especially when it's just people picking on others (I don't think that makes sense, my brain's dead after working on a term paper).

People can say some pretty stupid stuff based on most irrelevant of things. "Hey, that guy sitting over there reading has black hair, HE'S GOTTA BE EMO OLOLOLO"

Weeaboolits
Feb 4, 2008, 04:45 AM
I hate the word mostly, the sound of it makes me feel angry. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

amtalx
Feb 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
On 2008-02-04 01:45, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I hate the word mostly, the sound of it makes me feel angry sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

fix'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Frana
Feb 4, 2008, 09:53 AM
Sheesh, this went farther than I thought. It's not like they're hurting me in any way, it's just they're so annoying.

Masou
Feb 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
besides, emo chics are hot.
some of them are just scary.
very scary...
*shivers*

Pengfishh
Feb 4, 2008, 03:17 PM
What I remember of emo in the early turn of the century was just shitty, post-grunge alternative garbage and the people that listened to it. Seems to have branched into equally shitty "hardcore" screaming garbage with a particular style of dress attached to it (the tight jeans, small t-shirts, accessories, and asymmetrical haircuts, also interpreted as ambiguity in the sexes).

Funniest thing about it, to me anyway, is the popularity of this style. When I was a younger boy, kids that dressed like that were the weirdos, not the majority as it seems to be now. Sheep will prevail, I suppose.

Masou
Feb 4, 2008, 04:28 PM
the whole boys wearing tight pants and nail polish and stuff started in my last 2 years of high school. so in my area it really only started to become a fad about 5 years ago. (wow its been that long, yay i'll be 21 in a couple months)
i dated this emo girl who begged and begged me to wear girl pants just once.
well she was too small so i couldnt wear hers, so we went to her friends house (god i hated myself for it) i put on a pair of girl pants...i couldnt raise my leg very high at all... Fuck i could barely walk in them. So i immediately took them off and put my baggy dickies back on....
girl pants = fail...unless your a chixor then its ok. but skirts are better <3

KaneKahn
Feb 4, 2008, 06:42 PM
On 2008-02-04 12:12, Masou wrote:
besides, emo chics are hot.
some of them are just scary.
very scary...
*shivers*

If you calling looking more like a man than the men do "hot" you are going after the wrong crowd.

On 2008-02-04 13:28, Masou wrote:
the whole boys wearing tight pants and nail polish and stuff started in my last 2 years of high school. so in my area it really only started to become a fad about 5 years ago. (wow its been that long, yay i'll be 21 in a couple months)
i dated this emo girl who begged and begged me to wear girl pants just once.
well she was too small so i couldnt wear hers, so we went to her friends house (god i hated myself for it) i put on a pair of girl pants...i couldnt raise my leg very high at all... Fuck i could barely walk in them. So i immediately took them off and put my baggy dickies back on....
girl pants = fail...unless your a chixor then its ok. but skirts are better <3

None of this used to exist in my day but eh times change. After hundreds of thousands of years some of the male species seems to have lost it's manly ways and gone girly.

Leviathan
Feb 4, 2008, 10:02 PM
I used to called emo all the timefew years back. Now they just call me a scene kid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

But the point is you shouldn't listen to what other label you as, after all you're not a hot can Chicken Noodle Soup with Wild Rice are you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kent
Feb 5, 2008, 01:03 AM
Emo? Really, I wouldn't say someone's emo unless their only reaction to having standard life problems is to bitch and whine about it for attention.

That's emo.

Not to be confused with goth, of course, which is an entirely different thing (unless you have some sort of incapacity for discernment).

Masou
Feb 5, 2008, 01:08 PM
On 2008-02-04 15:42, KaneKahn wrote:

If you calling looking more like a man than the men do "hot" you are going after the wrong crowd.

O.o
what kinda emo chics live in your area?
i'd give you pics of the girl that ive been hitting on, she's emo...but they're kinda nude and she'd kill me if they got out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Hmm well the emo chics im into look like girls, they're really skinny, and their hair is what intrigues me the most. Not those psycho ugly mohawk girls, or bald ones. those are dykes.
I'm referring to the ones with black and purple in their hair, and what not. Personally i like girls with long hair, not short hair. so that cuts 1/2 the emo chic population down.
oh and i dont like it when they have piercings EVERYWHERE.

Wyndham
Feb 5, 2008, 01:38 PM
I used to look kinda emo, but now i look like the artist i am.

Kylie
Feb 5, 2008, 01:58 PM
If the person can't deal with situations on their own, or if they overreact to everything.

elainesangel9
Feb 5, 2008, 02:30 PM
I call people emo.....just the people who act like they have horrible lives when they really have nothing to complain about!!!! at least your not dead eh? or in dam iraq getting shot at. or...dare I say it.....having a corrupted PSO file. Im no redneck lol, just stating some opinions