PDA

View Full Version : Item: What is the best Weapon for each class?

BIBF
Feb 4, 2008, 11:08 PM
I just wanted to know if all of you PSO genius's out there knew what the best weapon for each class...hunter,ranger,and force. Best as in high atp for hunters and rangers and high mst for forces.

I think its hunter: lavis cannon
Ranger: Belra cannon
Force : Psycho Wand

Correct me if i'm wrong please. Keep in mind i'm playing episode 1 and 2 for gamecube offline ...but i will cheat if necessary.

KojiroAK
Feb 4, 2008, 11:38 PM
Belra Cannon is shit.
Best weapon for Ranger is Guld Milla (however also Red Mechgun and Yas9kM is good), also Frozen Shoter or Snow Queen should be at the list as well as Spread Needle and Charge Vulcan with 50+%Hit)

Best weapon for Hunter is Tsumikri J-Sword, single target Lavis Cannon.
Also Rainbow Baton and Charge Vulcan should be taken in concern and for distance Red Handgun or Holy Rifle.
And for all except for HUnewearl S-Red's Blade. (because of the special)

Forcer:Summit Moon, Magical Piece, Prophets of Motav.

For forcer the Mind Raising isn't as important as Tech Bonuses.
At other Classes the pure ATP isn't as important, as what comes to the enemies, also distance is allways a good thing, because you can get more damage towards the enemies before you have to move.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2008-02-04 20:40 ]</font>

Splash
Feb 5, 2008, 04:41 AM
On 2008-02-04 20:38, KojiroAK wrote:
Belra Cannon is shit.
Best weapon for Ranger is Guld Milla (however also Red Mechgun and Yas9kM is good), also Frozen Shoter or Snow Queen should be at the list as well as Spread Needle and Charge Vulcan with 50+%Hit)

Best weapon for Hunter is Tsumikri J-Sword, single target Lavis Cannon.
Also Rainbow Baton and Charge Vulcan should be taken in concern and for distance Red Handgun or Holy Rifle.
And for all except for HUnewearl S-Red's Blade. (because of the special)

Forcer:Summit Moon, Magical Piece, Prophets of Motav.

For forcer the Mind Raising isn't as important as Tech Bonuses.
At other Classes the pure ATP isn't as important, as what comes to the enemies, also distance is allways a good thing, because you can get more damage towards the enemies before you have to move.

lawl at this list.

Bringing up Charge Vulcan is utter failure. Charge Vulcan with hit outdamages any other mechgun in the game. Thus Guld Milla fails, thus Red Mechgun and Yask9k fails. If you are going to say which weapons are good, leave Charge Vulcan out of it.

For Hunters, TJS is up there for multi-target. For single target, Double Cannon or Black King Bar is the choice.

For Forces, Psycho Wand beats Summit Moon unless it was on a FOnewearl. It also beats Magical Piece unless it was on a FOmar. The advantage of a Psycho Wand is the TP reduction cost. FOnewn's get the most out of it since that would give them a 60% boost on RA-techs. Prophets of Motav is the weaker version of Psycho Wand.

KojiroAK
Feb 5, 2008, 06:51 AM
Of course Charge Vulcan deal out much damage, but if you use charge all the time, you pretty fast burn your meseta through.
So i don't consider Charge Vulcan as a "all the time weapon", more a weapon for special times. (like hard quests, bosses and so on)
And if you don't use Charge the most of the time, the advantage of Charge Vulcan towards the other Mechguns shrinks.

Towards Psycho Wand, there is the problem, that it can cost you the needed hps in critical situation.
More then once, only a few hps made the difference in living and dieing.
And if you start to use more often Resta and your "damage per time" output shrinks.

However i forgot something
Mace of Adaman, Club of Zumiuran and Club of Laconium.
But they are also more Boss Weapons, because they use two more item slots towards a Summit Moon.
But if you face Bosses wich doesn't receive "multi area damage" from techs (like Vol Opt V.2) they are an advantage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2008-02-05 03:56 ]</font>

BIBF
Feb 5, 2008, 08:57 AM
THanks everyone for the replys i really appreciate it. I think i will get the dark flow for hunter just because of its special...I will get Guld mila for ranger.... and for the force i think i will choose.....................Psycho wand...I'm offline and my hp doesn't matter...if i die i have scape dolls....and infinate hp...lol

Splash
Feb 5, 2008, 09:17 PM
On 2008-02-05 03:51, KojiroAK wrote:
Of course Charge Vulcan deal out much damage, but if you use charge all the time, you pretty fast burn your meseta through.
Or not. Meseta is so easy to obtain back, it's not even funny.

So i don't consider Charge Vulcan as a "all the time weapon", more a weapon for special times. (like hard quests, bosses and so on)
Regardless, it still outdamages any other mechgun in the game, and regardless, it can be used in any situation in the game. It can also be used by any class. And once again, meseta is so dang easy to get, burning off the entire area with nothing but charge means nothing.

And if you don't use Charge the most of the time, the advantage of Charge Vulcan towards the other Mechguns shrinks.
So why would one carry a Charge Vulcan in the first place if they are not going to use the special?

Towards Psycho Wand, there is the problem, that it can cost you the needed hps in critical situation.
Resta Lv30 heals a Forces HP fully each time. And even for offline, their RA-tech have range and can kill monsters easily before they even get near you and start attacking.

Not saying it's the best Force weapon though. Summit Moon and Magical Piece are still up there.

More then once, only a few hps made the difference in living and dieing.
And if you start to use more often Resta and your "damage per time" output shrinks.
Considering how far Rafoie Lv30, Razonde Lv30, and Rabarta Lv30 can cast, I would say that would only be a problem if you are just standing there casting away and do not know how to dodge, in which it means you just plain suck at playing because it is not always about attacking only.

However i forgot something
Mace of Adaman, Club of Zumiuran and Club of Laconium.
But they are also more Boss Weapons, because they use two more item slots towards a Summit Moon.
But if you face Bosses wich doesn't receive "multi area damage" from techs (like Vol Opt V.2) they are an advantage.

Those are ok, but Summit Moon is far more convenient. They just boost an additional 10% for their respective simple techs more than the Summit Moon. Not really worth carrying them all around.

KojiroAK
Feb 5, 2008, 10:45 PM
On 2008-02-05 18:17, Splash wrote:

Those are ok, but Summit Moon is far more convenient. They just boost an additional 10% for their respective simple techs more than the Summit Moon. Not really worth carrying them all around.

Thats the reason why i only grab them, if it comes to (tougher) boss battle.
Where the additional 10% can make a real difference.
(Dark Falz for example)

I also only grab Charge weapons only at Bosses.
Specaially since i often have Mags where i prefer to use Trifluid (Rare Mind Mags)

BIBF
Feb 6, 2008, 09:29 AM
I am currently using the DARK FLOW and it is crazy!!! One swing of it and the entire room dies. It can't make a combo but who needs combos? Every time i swing a giant wave of (grants?) comes out. I feel just like olga flow now...He's should be mad i stole his sword..........lol.

ShadowAssasin
Feb 10, 2008, 06:15 PM
yasminkov 9000M beats a charge vulcan or red mechgun anyday with the range of a rifle

Altavista
Feb 19, 2008, 05:29 AM
I don't think anyone should bash any ranger weapons. You should have weapons that fit your gaming style. If you prefer distance over run in and use a shot then maybe Frozen Shooter is for you. There is so many ways to play PSO. Stock up different items and see how much you use them.

Jaspaller
Feb 19, 2008, 11:13 AM
On 2008-02-19 02:29, Altavista wrote:
I don't think anyone should bash any ranger weapons. You should have weapons that fit your gaming style. If you prefer distance over run in and use a shot then maybe Frozen Shooter is for you. There is so many ways to play PSO. Stock up different items and see how much you use them.

Werd. Everyone has their own playing style and preferred weapons.

Taleck
Feb 19, 2008, 07:24 PM
yeah, personally i am a Melee charecter. HUcast baby. Right now i'm using G-assasins saber, brave knuckle and last survivor with 60% A.beast. maybe a varista or gatling when i want some distance. But i'm only on hard so they will change soon. Hopefully if i find some good weapons.

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 08:37 PM
I think it really is a biased question to ask. I mean, it all depends on how you play your character and what your preferences are. If you are playing a HUmar who tends to cast a lot of techs, a RAcaseal who goes offensive with partisans, a FOnewm going melee with sabers, etc.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 19, 2008, 09:56 PM
haha i love being my RAmarl using the God Hand...so much fun!