PDA

View Full Version : quick question about tylor's card

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 12:57 AM
so I've already completed it but need to finish ep2 first to get his card. Simple question, do I need to finish it again on a certain rank or can I blast through C and get his card anyways?

Minamo
Feb 6, 2008, 01:02 AM
C is enough but Tylor in C is also LV95.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 01:19 AM
On 2008-02-05 22:02, Minamo wrote:

him being 95 isn't a problem, just I already S-ranked it on S both sides so I'm just gonna want to run through fast. Thanks^^

Anduril
Feb 6, 2008, 01:23 AM
On 2008-02-05 22:19, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

him being 95 isn't a problem, just I already S-ranked it on S both sides so I'm just gonna want to run through fast. Thanks^^

You mean A not S, right? >.>

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 01:36 AM
On 2008-02-05 22:23, Anduril wrote:

On 2008-02-05 22:19, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

You mean A not S, right? >.>

no I mean S o.o...

ok it was A, shush

ilovetypemoon
Feb 6, 2008, 01:44 AM
Still, I recommend you finish it on B or A so you can get Laia and Tylor's portraits. And make sure you make "moral" choices for the dialogs.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 02:29 AM
On 2008-02-05 22:44, ilovetypemoon wrote:
Still, I recommend you finish it on B or A so you can get Laia and Tylor's portraits. And make sure you make "moral" choices for the dialogs.

already got the portraits, and does that mean I can't "skip to trial" and still get tylor? if anyone can confirm that they skipped and did/didn't get his card (assuming they met all other reqs) that would be nice.

Sha Sha
Feb 6, 2008, 03:10 AM
card? you can get his card? *is way outta the loop*

_Vyser_
Feb 6, 2008, 03:13 AM
It's possible not to get his card?

ilovetypemoon
Feb 6, 2008, 03:13 AM
On 2008-02-05 23:29, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

On 2008-02-05 22:44, ilovetypemoon wrote:

already got the portraits, and does that mean I can't "skip to trial" and still get tylor? if anyone can confirm that they skipped and did/didn't get his card (assuming they met all other reqs) that would be nice.

I did "skip to trial" and still got his card. What matters more are the choices you make after the trial like not choosing to fight Tylor again and shaking his hands in the end.

Sha Sha
Feb 6, 2008, 03:15 AM
i did all that however i couldnt beat him in the trial, is that where i messed up?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 03:39 AM
On 2008-02-06 00:15, Tsukuyo wrote:
i did all that however i couldnt beat him in the trial, is that where i messed up?

need ep2 completed, that may be your problem

so can I assume I need to shake his hand for the card? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-02-06 00:40 ]</font>

Middle
Feb 6, 2008, 04:16 AM
Can someone post the "moral" answeres please?
I ran through it 3 times all trials with S rank , but still haven't his card.... -.-*

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 04:24 AM
On 2008-02-06 01:16, Middle wrote:
Can someone post the "moral" answeres please?
I ran through it 3 times all trials with S rank , but still haven't his card.... -.-*

have you completed all of ep2?

Ken_Silver
Feb 6, 2008, 11:15 AM
this is a problem that a lot of people run into. So I matter as well ask the question here instead of making another topic on it. Do you have to beat him in order to get his card? I made moral decisions and beat all of Episode 2 but didn't get the card.

*sigh* we need an official "How to get Alford Tylor's Partner Card" thread. >_<

Sha Sha
Feb 6, 2008, 01:32 PM
Yes I beat Ep 2 online and Again offline to get the Fomar outfits offline.
i did shake his hand...hmm where did i mess up at...><

Ken_Silver
Feb 6, 2008, 02:28 PM
Getting Tylor's card is like being in an exclusive club. If you don't meet the secret requirments, then you won't get anywhere. I gave up on getting his card until after this Thursday. That way the 360 people will give it a shot and we'll get the answers by then. 360 players seem to be better at giving info better than the PC/PS2 community. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Middle
Feb 6, 2008, 04:09 PM
hm ... okay .... I did every ep 2 quest...
but didnt get his card so i've to retry... -.-*

and .... what abouut curtz ? can you get his card from ep2 ? because i got it in story mode...
so we NEED a "How to get XXX Partner card threat?" or sth....

seph_monkey
Feb 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
to get his card you need to beat him in the fight, then shake his hand in the end.
i also chose all the nice answers like the guardians dont leave friends behind or w.e, and when they asked if i wanted to fight him again i chose a diffrent answer besides wanting to fight him.

also you can skip the trial in the beginning and rank doesnt matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seph_monkey on 2008-02-06 15:16 ]</font>

Middle
Feb 6, 2008, 07:45 PM
In PSU Forum I found this thing:

First to start Complete Episode 2 Chapter 10. Then in Episode 3 Chapter 2, answer the questions with the following

sesshymon wrote:
1 - Look to Laia.
2 - I'll go with you.
3 - No questions, Let's go!
4 - Talk about what happened.
5 - Show them the power of the New Guardians.
** YOU MUST DEFEAT TYLOR AT THIS POINT**
6 - You aren't the only ones hit by tragedy.
7 - Head for the Northern continent.
8 - Talk to Lumia.
9 - Shake Tylor's hand.

After this, you should be able to get Tylor's Card

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 6, 2008, 08:40 PM
I also beat him (have his card now) so that may be a requirement unless anyone can confirm they did NOT beat him and got his card.

To above poster about curtz, I believe thats ep3 ch4 you get him

panamafox
Feb 8, 2008, 07:18 AM
i didn't answer a few of the questions the wright way based on the post but i still got his card, all i did thats the same is defeated tylor and shaked his hand.

Sekani
Feb 10, 2008, 01:42 AM
This is weird. I bashed Tylor's face in and chose all the good guy answers and didn't get his card.

I can't figure out what exactly the requirements to get Tylor's card are. Do you have to S-rank both missions? Are the dialog choices some kind of exact pattern? Is it just random to piss us all off? What's the fucking deal!?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 10, 2008, 02:06 AM
On 2008-02-09 22:42, Sekani wrote:
This is weird. I bashed Tylor's face in and chose all the good guy answers and didn't get his card.

I can't figure out what exactly the requirements to get Tylor's card are. Do you have to S-rank both missions? Are the dialog choices some kind of exact pattern? Is it just random to piss us all off? What's the fucking deal!?

did you complete ep2 fully?

In fact, before anyone says they didnt get his card please state whether or not you beat ep2 on that character..

majan
Feb 10, 2008, 02:16 PM
well I just spent the 1.5 hours doing the new story mission,defeated tylor,defeated de lo ray,completed the whole mission fully,and then proceeded to NOT get tylor's partner card. what gives? did anyone else run into this?

Genoa
Feb 10, 2008, 02:19 PM
From what I hear, because I haven't done it yet. There's a series of questions throughout the quest? And you have to choose the most "moral" answers =/

Lyrise
Feb 10, 2008, 02:21 PM
There are certain answers you need to give in order to get Alfort Tylor's card. So you hhave to do the story mission from beginning to end each attempt.

You also need to have Ep2 story completely cleared as well.

majan
Feb 10, 2008, 02:23 PM
ultimate facepalm. well,thanks.

Aries2384
Feb 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
You know. A bunch of people said you need to play through Episode 2 to get Lumia's card too, but I got it on a character who had not completed a single episode of EP.2. So I don't think that line of thought works. I think its random. But it shouldnt be. Way to go sega. Now Partner cards are like rare spawns and drops!

SStrikerR
Feb 12, 2008, 03:40 PM
lol whoever said that about Lumia's card is retarted, everyone gets it. Tylor..you DO need to beat all off ep 2.

Anduril
Feb 12, 2008, 03:44 PM
On 2008-02-06 16:45, Middle wrote:
In PSU Forum I found this thing:

First to start Complete Episode 2 Chapter 10. Then in Episode 3 Chapter 2, answer the questions with the following

sesshymon wrote:
1 - Look to Laia.
2 - I'll go with you.
3 - No questions, Let's go!
4 - Talk about what happened.
5 - Show them the power of the New Guardians.
** YOU MUST DEFEAT TYLOR AT THIS POINT**
6 - You aren't the only ones hit by tragedy.
7 - Head for the Northern continent.
8 - Talk to Lumia.
9 - Shake Tylor's hand.

After this, you should be able to get Tylor's Card

I got his card, but with some different decisions:
2. I picked "I'll go" rather than "I'll go with you"
3. Not really a choice since the other options are just background info.
5. The one that something along the lines of "Tylor can't talk to you like that"

Larusu
Feb 13, 2008, 08:16 PM
Why does everyone WANT his card in the first place?

SStrikerR
Feb 14, 2008, 08:12 PM
On 2008-02-13 17:16, Larusu wrote:
Why does everyone WANT his card in the first place?

Because unless you have a REALLY high battle stat pm, he's the best npc there is.

And for help on the fight, here's some info on how I beat him. Oh and I beat him at lv 82. (didnt do ep 2 yet so i didnt get his card.)

Anyway, you want a good power raising unit, such as solid/power S, Cati/ Power, something/night.

A Crimson is your best chance as a low level, the higher the % the better.

Use Rising strike or spinning strike, whichever Pa level you have higher.

As always, an agtaride will help, as will being a fortefighter or fighgunner for this fight.

The normal burn traps are also a good choice, meaning if you want all this to work out perfectly, you want to be a fighgunner. (the traps do 2000 per tick)

Note: Your atp MUST be over 1000, without it being 1000+, you really dont have a chance. (my atp is something like 1010.)

That's "all" you need to do to beat him as a fighter, rangers and techers, cant help you there.