PDA

View Full Version : Servers Free?

Altair9272
Feb 6, 2008, 04:03 PM
Now that the official servers have been shut down will it be legal to play on the unofficial fan servers? If so does anyone know of any? For the GC platform

Out_Kast
Feb 6, 2008, 04:07 PM
Uhh, we're not supposed to talk about those for some reason.
There is a good server for the GC. And I wouldn't say 'legal' would be the right word... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DC_PLAYER
Feb 6, 2008, 04:13 PM
can't we make a sticky on this subject.
not official servers = no suport
so basicly tou will have to find that info on google, here it will be deleted

Freeze
Feb 6, 2008, 04:29 PM
Look people, there are stickies for a reason. Try reading them before posting so we don't get anymore of these posts. It's the same thing all the time. Big sticky on private servers. READ IT!

VioletSkye
Feb 6, 2008, 05:36 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:13, DC_PLAYER wrote:
can't we make a sticky on this subject.
so basicly tou will have to find that info on google, here it will be deleted

Heh, there is a sticky already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AlexCraig
Feb 6, 2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah, but couldn't there be one where in bold, itallicised, underlined caps it says:
DO NOT TALK ABOUT PRIVATE SERVERS!!! ?

KaneKahn
Feb 6, 2008, 09:02 PM
You aren't aloud to talk about them because Sega, doesn't want you know they exist. Further more they are far less stable than the normal server (if that at all were possible). They are illegal as they do not have Sega's consent.

Taleck
Feb 7, 2008, 11:54 PM
okay not talking about those servers,

is there any possibility of doing a LAN server for you and your friends GC? just buy the cables and hook them up?

KaneKahn
Feb 8, 2008, 12:52 AM
Nope. You need a viable server to connect to. Then from there with a GC you need to tell it to go here rather than here in order to get it to do anything.

trypticon
Feb 8, 2008, 03:50 PM
On 2008-02-06 18:02, KaneKahn wrote:
You aren't aloud to talk about them because Sega, doesn't want you know they exist. Further more they are far less stable than the normal server (if that at all were possible).

That's not true. The free servers have been patched from a few bugs that showed up on ST servers.

SStrikerR
Feb 10, 2008, 05:54 PM
On 2008-02-08 12:50, trypticon wrote:

On 2008-02-06 18:02, KaneKahn wrote:
You aren't aloud to talk about them because Sega, doesn't want you know they exist. Further more they are far less stable than the normal server (if that at all were possible).

That's not true. The free servers have been patched from a few bugs that showed up on ST servers.

^ correct, in fact, they are far MORE stable, at least the one i'm thinking of.

DC_PLAYER
Feb 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
stable?
no,no.no.
they have more protection against hackers, more logs, more defenses.
there are still many bugs, when it comes to mags then usually theres trouble.
stable......LOL

SStrikerR
Feb 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
Maybe on the DC version, and oh yea, the BB version, but the little bugs in the GC version don't amount to much at all. I haven't had any problems at the server i'm talking about, except for little things like in MSB the screen going blank for about a minute if you aren't first player, who cares about that? (and it happens when you go back to P2...so does it matter.)

DC_PLAYER
Feb 11, 2008, 10:06 AM
it was a private server quest, you can't expect perfection, not to mention the exp and rare eenmy apearences increase drasticly considering the number of enemys you fight.
imagine this, someone creates a quest where you don't fight at all but the prize is a double cannon, ppl would go like "i have a legit double cannon", that MSB quest follows the same "idea", exept that there are no rares and the difficulty is harder.
also, client and server sync also fails sometimes in pso bb, this may affect char exp, mag lvl, mag stats, mag evolution, items.........

elainesangel9
Feb 11, 2008, 11:41 AM
I say nay

SStrikerR
Feb 11, 2008, 08:59 PM
Whatever.

And, I'm not talking about BB really, im talking about my experiences on GC.
Major Pro: Way better fsod and corruption patches.
Minor Con: Little bugs that don't mess you up.

Nidramag
Feb 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-02-06 13:13, DC_PLAYER wrote:

not exactly, they seem far more into player support and way better at handling the game servers from my experience. they dont just let you play online then let you loose, there are rules, even anti-hacking on most platforms. Theyre actually good servers, dont diss them without information to back it up.

they even have dreamcast and gamecube support

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2008-02-12 10:03 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Feb 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
but i was refering to this site support, if you ask help for any private server problems like bugs or connection, then this site does not support it.