PDA

View Full Version : Dating question...

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 12:32 PM
There's this girl online that I really like, and she knows it. But she can't decide to go out with either me or the other guy she likes. Anything that can help me on this? I don't know what to do, I really need help on this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RikaPSOW on 2008-02-07 09:35 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
There's this girl online

That's the first warning flag. Unless you two live within a short drive of each other, I wouldn't put much faith in any resulting relationship going anywhere anytime soon. If the "other guy" is an IRL acquaintance of hers, then forget it, especially if she's indecisive/hesitant on the matter.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 12:40 PM
Well she lives in NewJersey, I live in NewYork, it's about 100 miles away. The other guy she likes lives about 15 miles from me. I met the guy twice. He's my friend's cousen. I'm guessing too far away.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RikaPSOW on 2008-02-07 09:44 ]</font>

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:43 PM
Can't decide between guys... that's not a good sign, online or not. ;/ Buty if you think she's worth it, if you think she'd make you happy if you dated, then I suggest just waiting it out for her to make a decision.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well I think she's worth it, we have a lot in common.

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
On 2008-02-07 09:45, RikaPSOW wrote:
Well I think she's worth it, we have a lot in common.

Then OK. I don't think it's my place to tell you otherwise. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif However, prepare yourself for a tough scenario; like she might not choose you. I don't want you to get heartbroken or anything, so it's best that just accept what could happen. Best of luck. ;3

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah I know.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 12:56 PM
One thig I should mention, she is going out with the other guy at the moment, but she's still debating. Many of my friends say I have a less than 1% chance for this to end up in my favor.

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 12:59 PM
On 2008-02-07 09:56, RikaPSOW wrote:
One thig I should mention, she is going out with the other guy at the moment, but she's still debating. Many of my friends say I have a less than 1% chance for this to end up in my favor.

Yeeeaaah, that's an important tidbit of information. ;/ Like I said, you know, just be careful and don't set yourself up for something disastrous.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 01:02 PM
Anything I could do to help my chances?

Kylie
Feb 7, 2008, 01:08 PM
On 2008-02-07 10:02, RikaPSOW wrote:

No, not really. Personally, I don't believe in telling her what she wants to hear to win her over or whatever. You'll both be a lot happier if you just be yourself and let her choose you because she actually likes you and nothing else, and to do that... you just got to be yourself, which I know is [ ironically ] hard for some people to do. Not to say you shouldn't be around her more; that way she has a chance to see who you are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Be careful not to anger the other guy though because that'll just make things worse for the girl you like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-07 10:15 ]</font>

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 01:14 PM
I'll try not to mess anything up......

amtalx
Feb 7, 2008, 01:29 PM
I don't mean to be the "Negative Nancy" but I can hear the screeching breaks and crumpling metal right now...train wreck. The "is she going to choose me over her current boyfriend" scenario rarely works out in anyone's favor. Tread lightly.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 01:33 PM
Well she did like me first, only she thought I would hate her (why didn't I say something earlier). So she went out with him.

Orange_Coconut
Feb 7, 2008, 06:00 PM
I guess nobody really has the place to tell you what to do, but they can definitely try to give you their perspective of the situation.

Personally, I don't think you should put too much effort/care into the situation. Only because she's going out with some guy, but she likes you. Not only that, she likes someone else from online that apparently you've met in person? She sounds incredibly confused and just looking for something, just not a specific something.

Again, it's not like I can say, "NO! BAD!" But really think about what you're up against. Also, if she's confused over three people there might be more that you don't even know about, though that's just an assumption. I guess I wouldn't worry about assumptions, since they're not knowingly true or not. However, you know her online which makes things more difficult to begin with. Not only that, she's seeing someone else and she's very unsure of everything...

So, even if she did pick you think about how she feels now. If she ended up deciding to be with you, how long would she be sure that she made the right decision? It just doesn't seem like something you should put your emotions into, I think you'll most likely end up being crushed. But again, that's just my view of the situation.

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2008, 06:13 PM
On 2008-02-07 10:02, RikaPSOW wrote:

Kill the other guy.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 06:20 PM
Orange_Coconut I think your right, but I'm gonna try anyway. She does "seem" to like talking to me more, but I'm not sure.

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 06:29 PM
omegapirate2k, lol, no. Anyone else have any advice?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RikaPSOW on 2008-02-07 16:27 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2008, 07:36 PM
Indecisive girls are generally unfaithful. I wouldn't waste my time. If she's already contemplating three different guys, what's to stop her from ditching you at the drop of a hat for someone else?

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2008, 07:41 PM
On 2008-02-07 15:29, RikaPSOW wrote:
omegapirate2k, lol, no. Anyone else have any advice?

Your loss D:

RikaPSOW
Feb 7, 2008, 08:03 PM
omegapirate2k, lol, very funny.....

Obsidian_Knight, you may-be right, but I want to waste my time with this, I love the girl...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RikaPSOW on 2008-02-07 17:05 ]</font>

jayster
Feb 9, 2008, 02:02 AM
make sure it's actually a girl.

BlaizeYES
Feb 9, 2008, 02:26 AM
On 2008-02-07 16:36, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Indecisive girls are generally unfaithful. I wouldn't waste my time. If she's already contemplating three different guys, what's to stop her from ditching you at the drop of a hat for someone else?

this is mostly true. "once a cheater, always a cheater" i believe is the correct saying, and you normally shouldnt pursue something long-term with a girl like that, my friend.

i know it's going to be such a GREAT feeling if she chooses you over her boyfriend, making it seem as if she must REALLY like you because she picked you over the person she's dating. BUT BEWARE, situations like that typically do not end well. AT ALL. but your mind is already made up. there is no stopping the inevitable conclusion of an unhappy ending.

GO TO HER

RikaPSOW
Feb 10, 2008, 12:20 AM
Jayster she's a girl, lol. I know what she looks like (thank you xbox live video chat).

BlaizeYES I see your point, I don't expect this to end well, but...