PDA

View Full Version : well since we are on the dating topic lately....

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 02:22 PM
I pissed off my gf by getting angry at her when her and her friend were trying to annoy the crap out of me, now we are stuck in a rut....any suggestions on how I can make it up to her?

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2008, 02:26 PM
Apologize...?

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 02:28 PM
tried that, shes just pissed, I pratically got on my hands and knees! No, she wants me to do something....just having a hard time figuring out what....

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2008, 02:30 PM
Take her out to dinner, give her something nice, and cuddle. That's all I got. Now prepare for the onslaught of negative posts.

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 02:32 PM
that wont work....shes wierd, hates attention (cuddleing) a gift MIGHT work....dinneR? shes ona diet (shes 6ft and 128 pounds wtf, she doesnt need a diet she neeeds a donut) not trying to be difficult, just asking for suggestions

ABDUR101
Feb 7, 2008, 02:34 PM
Why the hell would you apologize? Her and her friend were nitpicking you in an effort to annoy you, you got mad which is obviously what the fuck they were trying to do. Tell her to wash the sand out of her nethers and don't worry about it. For shit's sake, sounds like the issue is with her.

Anyone pushing my buttons long and hard enough to get a reaction thats insurmountable, fuck them, let them get mad about it. Maybe next time they won't be twits trying to get a quick laugh at my expense.

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 02:36 PM
haha, honestly though, she said she was trying to flirt with me! I may have overreacted,seeing her at work today....maybe its cause I just moved in with her,,, seeing to much of each other maybe?

KaneKahn
Feb 7, 2008, 03:10 PM
Here is a suggestion my dad gave me when I got hitched: You can be right or you can be happy, you can't have both in a relationship.

Anduril
Feb 7, 2008, 03:16 PM
I say give her some space. Usually trying to push your apology will just irritate a person more and keep reminding them that they're pissed off at you.

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 03:25 PM
good advice anduril.........how much space is too much though, I can never tell

Anduril
Feb 7, 2008, 03:27 PM
On 2008-02-07 12:25, elainesangel9 wrote:
good advice anduril.........how much space is too much though, I can never tell

That is the big question. I guess it really depends on her. Seeing as I don't know her personally I can't help you much there.

elainesangel9
Feb 7, 2008, 03:31 PM
well thanks anyway...I guess I will just try and act like things are normal, HA! when are things ever normal in love? and by normal I mean easy...

BlaizeYES
Feb 7, 2008, 04:11 PM
she knows she can be pissed at you because she knows she can get away with it. look, you've done nothing wrong while her friend and her were annoying you and she tries to put the blame on you. honestly, thats the problem... i think if anything, you've been much too soft with her. she said she doesnt like "cuddling," but i'm assuming you've already made an effort in the past to "cuddle," so you do. i think she knows she's getting away with having you completely folding, and she knows you are the one "in touch with your feelings" so she doesnt have to show a soft side since you're making it so easy.

don't you think you're giving "too much?" i pray to god the name "elaines angel" isnt dedicated to the girlfriend named elaine, or i already see your problem is much too severe. my only suggestion would be to not say anything about what happened, its already too late to try to come out ahead. dont give her space, just act as if it never happened. i've gone out with younger girls that play that same game... they have this NEED to try to push the boundaries, because its always a control issue, and i just roll your eyes, because i know that i'm going to have to deal with her being "pissed" because i kept her in line, and i have to always make sure i dont look as if it's getting to me, or else i already lost. and usually when this starts, it wont stop, so you're going to have to evaluate the relationship and try to find an exit strategy... even with you moved in with her.

you cant let it bother you at all, and when you set them straight, you cant apologize. you yelled at her, but next time you see her, act completely normal as if you don't feel bad at all. if you act like you're fine, she cant act like she's completely mad at you, because theres no emotion she can really control. if she storms out, she'll be back. you're going to have the break her, or else you're going to keep dealing with this shit until your lease is up because she already knows how predictable you've come... i take it this is your first big "commitment"

ABDUR101
Feb 7, 2008, 05:11 PM
Rather than trying to not let her know that she's getting to you, you need to pull her aside and say "Look, I'm not going to fuck around with this, cut the control-nit picking bullshit or we're done. I'm not going to be in a relationship with someone who feels the need to test my patience. You're either all in with me, together, or we're not at all and we'll be done."

Why bother allowing the game to continue, the hell with it; if they're that immature that they need to test your patients and then see how far you'll go to suck up(as if it were your fault to begin with), then why bother with that person in a relationship? Obviously they aren't too damn mature if they're playing little games like that.

Look to people who assist you in life, not hinder you.

And yes, I noticed the username too. I piqued an eyebrow, because if thats dedicated to the girl doing this, issues galore. She's got you spun round her finger and you need to cut that shit out. You know why? Because thats why she's most likely dicking with you and then acting like a hurt brat when you called her out on it, and you 'practically on your knees' asking for forgiveness(for God knows what, since you did'nt do anything) only perpetuates the issue that she has an air of control over you.

In short; grow a pair and stop being her bitch. Relationships are mutual, don't let yourself be taken advantage of.

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2008, 05:24 PM
I think you guys are taking this way beyond where it needs to go. He already stated she was just flirting, but it got on his nerves. So he got angry with her. Now she is mad because he was mad at her. It is a simple relationship problem. She wasn't "testing his patience" or being a control freak. Where the hell is that coming from?

Simple solution. Relax. Let it slide, and she will let it slide. Problem solved.

ABDUR101
Feb 7, 2008, 05:57 PM
Oh, he posts too quickly then, I did'nt see his post about her trying to flirt with him. I was under the impression that she was just being rude and trying to annoy/push his buttons to get a reaction; then when he got mad and gave a reaction, she came across like it was his fault.

Oh well! Post count +3 for this thread.

BlaizeYES
Feb 8, 2008, 01:12 AM
well if she was "flirting," then just not care, or even try to "make things right." you still did nothing wrong. i doubt thats the main reason with the flirting, to be honest. she wouldnt be getting extremely pissed about it to you and expect you to do something if that was the case. if anything, she would just try not to have that friend around you anymore, or just talk shit about her constantly or say some of her flaws every so often as a subtle way for you to never like her. thats how younger girls work. but WHO KNOWS, i would tell you to give it a few weeks and give an update on the next argument

omegapirate2k
Feb 8, 2008, 12:10 PM
You should just not get pissed off, that's how I roll.

Kylie
Feb 8, 2008, 02:08 PM
Eh, to be honest, it pisses me off when people try to annoy me (playing or not), so I don't feel sorry for her. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif If you mess with fire, you're gonna get burned. But if you do feel guilty, I think the best you could do is talk to her when she's ready. Personally, I'd prefer that over a gift since, well, a gift just seems like you're paying her not to be mad IMO, and some girls get mad at that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-08 11:23 ]</font>

raikomaru40
Feb 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
you could apologize and give her a flying squirrel

VanHalen
Feb 8, 2008, 09:12 PM
Spam Towards the Future for max exp.

Frana
Feb 8, 2008, 10:38 PM
Just ask her how to make it up, and apologize to her friend too, if she can't understand, give it time.

Omega_Weltall
Feb 9, 2008, 12:49 AM
Dump her, you dont need her shit. just rent out hookers or save for a real doll when you feel horny.

BlaizeYES
Feb 9, 2008, 01:09 AM
why does everyone think that apologizing is going to change anything? obviously she's overly emotional and expects obedience. i read in one of your previous posts about how your friend "gave you a 6" and the girlfriend a "10" when asked to "rate the other looks-wise." personally, i think that you two were getting "rated" is retarded to begin with... but then you have to look at "why the 'best friend' rated you that way." i take it that you're dealing with the same best friend in this situation, and either she:

A.) rated you lower as to not admit she's attracted to you and genuinely was flirting with you

-or-

B.) she gave you a "6" to make it seem as if you're not "hot" enough for the girlfriend so you'd feel worse about yourself, and bend over backwards even more because you're "so lucky to have her." and she's some typical young girl(like your girlfriend) that is trying to get the upper hand and abuse you emotionally, which i think is happening already. trust me, young girls together always want that feeling of dominance over the man when their friends are around, much like how guys will try to belittle their girlfriends when they're with their friends... and i would honestly either get rid of her or have a serious talk with her, because those little girl games would not fly with me. so i would hope that you act like michael strahan and

STOMP
IT
OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHJiYUOQus

jesus thats brilliant

but anyway, she could have been flirting with you, and it even could have been both A and B. but you must be able to see through the "emotions blazing" and call the situation from a logical standpoint

CupOfCoffee
Feb 9, 2008, 10:01 AM
Man, everyone's reacting to this waaay too strongly. Let's all just reexamine what he gave us to go on:

I pissed off my gf by getting angry at her when her and her friend were trying to annoy the crap out of me, now we are stuck in a rut....

That's it. That's all that is known of him, the girlfriend, and the situation for the most part. In reality they're two whole people with all kinds of motives and thoughts and everything else a real person has and does. Giving severe advice like "break up, you don't need that emotional abuse shit" is a fairly ridiculous thing to post on a message board in response to

I pissed off my gf by getting angry at her when her and her friend were trying to annoy the crap out of me, now we are stuck in a rut....

17 year olds will be 17; there's no need to hammer out the perfect relationship or establish a lasting marriage-material bond with another high schooler at that point in your life, nor to clobber anyone with the breakup hammer at the first sign of her not being the ideal person to forge a life with. And maybe asking for girl advice on a video game board wasn't exactly a brilliant idea to begin with.

elainesangel9
Feb 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
On 2008-02-08 22:09, BlaizeYES wrote:
why does everyone think that apologizing is going to change anything? obviously she's overly emotional and expects obedience. i read in one of your previous posts about how your friend "gave you a 6" and the girlfriend a "10" when asked to "rate the other looks-wise." personally, i think that you two were getting "rated" is retarded to begin with... but then you have to look at "why the 'best friend' rated you that way." i take it that you're dealing with the same best friend in this situation, and either she:

A.) rated you lower as to not admit she's attracted to you and genuinely was flirting with you

-or-

B.) she gave you a "6" to make it seem as if you're not "hot" enough for the girlfriend so you'd feel worse about yourself, and bend over backwards even more because you're "so lucky to have her." and she's some typical young girl(like your girlfriend) that is trying to get the upper hand and abuse you emotionally, which i think is happening already. trust me, young girls together always want that feeling of dominance over the man when their friends are around, much like how guys will try to belittle their girlfriends when they're with their friends... and i would honestly either get rid of her or have a serious talk with her, because those little girl games would not fly with me. so i would hope that you act like michael strahan and

STOMP
IT
OUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHJiYUOQus

jesus thats brilliant

but anyway, she could have been flirting with you, and it even could have been both A and B. but you must be able to see through the "emotions blazing" and call the situation from a logical standpoint

no, I asked her to rate us, I was curious, and she is aten, shes unvelieveably beautiful, It is so wierd she loves me. anytway,for some reason when I woke up this morning everthing was ok?????

btw shes on her period...that might have been it

AlexCraig
Feb 9, 2008, 12:35 PM
On 2008-02-09 07:01, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Man, everyone's reacting to this waaay too strongly. Let's all just reexamine what he gave us to go on:

That's it. That's all that is known of him, the girlfriend, and the situation for the most part. In reality they're two whole people with all kinds of motives and thoughts and everything else a real person has and does. Giving severe advice like "break up, you don't need that emotional abuse shit" is a fairly ridiculous thing to post on a message board in response to

17 year olds will be 17; there's no need to hammer out the perfect relationship or establish a lasting marriage-material bond with another high schooler at that point in your life, nor to clobber anyone with the breakup hammer at the first sign of her not being the ideal person to forge a life with. And maybe asking for girl advice on a video game board wasn't exactly a brilliant idea to begin with.

[/discussion] Hit the nail on the head.

BlaizeYES
Feb 9, 2008, 02:18 PM
it isnt getting rid of her because she isnt the ideal mate, its sorting out the situation before he gets trapped even more by this girl that is trying to take the upper hand. the smallest statements he's made towards the girlfriend about getting upset or mad, i've dealt with myself in the past. and when that happens, i get rid of it and find someone else, because it is not worth it... and to me, to deal with "drama" at such a young age will not be tolerated. to see others' relationships blooming in the wrong direction, i sympathise for them as well. i am a humanitarian, and it is my duty to help others, which i will always attempt to do. but personally i've always stated that serious relationships(and moving in with a girl) while you're younger is uncalled for and it's just going to make you more stressed out as a person. if i was one to guess, i would say that by the way elainesangel has talked about how hott his girlfriend is, he doesnt want to get out of the relationship because he thinks he's not going to find someone as "beautiful" as her, so he doesn't want to risk it. he already is thinking it from a perspective of "she's so hot, i cant even believe she is with me." THATS the sort of attitude that has a bad relationship evolve from, or even worse, a losing streak with women following that girlfriend. elainesangel, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. say: "she is with me for some reason, i must have something other people do not." trust me, she's not the last beautiful girl you're going to meet, but don't sacrifice hanging out or dating them because you're in this relationship and your girlfriend is "getting mad" because some girl was flirting with you. that is not your problem

and on a side note elainesangel, she got over it because she knows there was nowhere else she could go with the "i'm angry" thing, so everything went back to normal. get used to this routine, because it'll happen again

ABDUR101
Feb 9, 2008, 02:38 PM
Blaize, save it. You're just pissing in the wind at this point. To each their own. I figure if the dood was coming here and asking people on a game forum about it, and being cryptic about the events and those involved, he's already made up his mind regardless or he'd be more talkative and discussive on the issues we're bringing up. (Incase he missed it, thats why we were bringing up these points, so he could continue the discussion from our viewpoint, correct us if necessary and add more light to the situation, but since he did'nt add anymore to it, he's happy with the way things are.)

Case closed, forget it; let him deal with it. If he likes the way things are, the hell do we care? =]

elainesangel9
Feb 9, 2008, 02:41 PM
haha, please dont take me for an idiot, its just a little stoopid fight, its going to happen ya know, you think its not worth it, but honestly it is, shes no bimbo, shes alot smarter than me, and shes done so much for me I can't even begin to describe it. I know it will happen again and again, but its ok. some girl flirting with me? that never happened. I know why shes with me, the whole beautiful thing was just abou before we went out, i should have been more clear gtg dqm

BlaizeYES
Feb 9, 2008, 03:06 PM
lol. her being smarter than you? i wish i could, but i will not continue. but and you're right, at this point, anything i say is completely meaningless, your choice has been made. sigh... well i tried, elaines angel. i hope the best for you and your flatmate.

GO THE DISTANCE MY BOY