PDA

View Full Version : PSO-XBox: um are servers for us still up or do i need to go

Blizrad4545
Feb 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
i need to know before i goto game stop

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2008, 07:39 PM
Xbox servers are still up, but they are lacking in people and are pretty much dying.

BB servers are still up, but will be ending shortly.

GC servers are gone.

DC/PC servers are gone.

There you have it. We cannot say "you should join a private server" or even give you the names of said servers, as that is against the forum rules.

Freeze
Feb 7, 2008, 07:40 PM
Dang, Alex beat me to it. I played with one person yesterday and saw three on today but they were to low levels for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freeze on 2008-02-07 16:41 ]</font>

Blizrad4545
Feb 7, 2008, 07:43 PM
u got a sn for aim because i need a go populated server

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2008, 07:51 PM
I do, but am currently unable to access it.

Blizrad4545
Feb 7, 2008, 07:53 PM
o ok but do u ever play xbox because it wud be fun to chill with a few people

AlexCraig
Feb 7, 2008, 07:54 PM
I do not. I only play GC and BB.

Blizrad4545
Feb 7, 2008, 07:58 PM
well ill try to manage from there i hope theres atleast 20 people who still play

Freeze
Feb 7, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hmm, that might be difficult. I haven't seen twenty in a long time. There are at least three of us here on PSO world who still play regularly. If there's more they aren't very vocal.

Blizrad4545
Feb 7, 2008, 09:22 PM
yea about year ago the first server was full by 6

kevlar_pso
Feb 8, 2008, 06:52 AM
On 2008-02-07 17:02, Freeze wrote:
Hmm, that might be difficult. I haven't seen twenty in a long time. There are at least three of us here on PSO world who still play regularly. If there's more they aren't very vocal.

What time zone are you in and when do you play? I haven't seen you in ages. We must be just missing each other because of work schedules or something. . . .

Freeze
Feb 8, 2008, 10:19 PM
EST. I'm on afternoons and evenings during the week right now due to my work schedule. I was busy with the winter event on PSU but now thats over I plan on spending a lot more time back on PSO.

stevieWonderz
Feb 9, 2008, 12:40 AM
My question is: why doesn't PSOworld have its own private server(s)? would seem like a good idea >.<

AlexCraig
Feb 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
I think any of the mods can explain that better than I can.

Ketchup345
Feb 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
Because we view servers as illegal unless Sega or Sonic Team themselves say otherwise. We are not self hosted, so we have to follow Gamespy/IGN's (our hosts) rules.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 9, 2008, 01:11 PM
I hope at some point Sega or Sonic Team lets people do that...legally.
Then it would flourish again, and everyone could have a second chance at this game.

stevieWonderz
Feb 9, 2008, 02:16 PM
^ tru that... the day an easy access server for pso gc comes online, you better believe im making a guild http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jaspaller
Feb 10, 2008, 02:10 AM
On 2008-02-09 11:16, stevieWonderz wrote:
^ tru that... the day an easy access server for pso gc comes online, you better believe im making a guild http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The day that happens we'll see more script kiddies like no tomorrow again.

SStrikerR
Feb 10, 2008, 05:48 PM
On 2008-02-09 10:11, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Then it would flourish again, and everyone could have a second chance at this game.

They wont do it cuz they no people will go back to pso and leave psu, thus making them lose psu money and not making pso money at all, which is just stupid.
That is why they won't. Oh, and I hope this is something i'm allowed to say: there are no private servers for xbox, although there has been progress by a certain group of people, or so they say...so yea, take whatever you want from this post.

kevlar_pso
Feb 11, 2008, 04:48 PM
On 2008-02-10 14:48, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-02-09 10:11, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

They wont do it cuz they no people will go back to pso and leave psu, thus making them lose psu money and not making pso money at all, which is just stupid.
That is why they won't. Oh, and I hope this is something i'm allowed to say: there are no private servers for xbox, although there has been progress by a certain group of people, or so they say...so yea, take whatever you want from this post.

That is interesting. I read up on their posts a year or so ago and they seemed to be stuck. Five years from now though will anyone care? Will anyone have an Xbox that works at all? l0l

Dhylec
Feb 12, 2008, 08:51 AM
On 2008-02-08 21:40, stevieWonderz wrote:
My question is: why doesn't PSOworld have its own private server(s)? would seem like a good idea >.<

Again, if you haven't seen the sticky, I'll recap the main point: PSOW doesn't support private servers because it's not legal.

There are other issues to this, but I think you get the idea. ;]

xjustsumloser
Feb 12, 2008, 11:52 PM
regardless no one has gotten past xbox live for a private server. Servers are ready for xbox, just anyone who could get past xbox live for PSO doesnt care to do it.