PDA

View Full Version : 1h claw pa's and neiclaw

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 7, 2008, 11:01 PM
I got all 3 1h claw pa's but im having trouble deciding which to use for my AF. My biggest problem is they seem to knock enemies out of range of the second part of the combo in the first (except the one that does high damage, but again I already have alot of simple damage pa's)

secondly, which would generally work best with neiclaw?

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 7, 2008, 11:11 PM
well the more damage you deal with Nei claw, and the more hits you deal, the more health you get restored. AKA, the store bought claw PA is typically the best if you just want to steal health.

I however prefer the newest single claw PA in almost all situations.

THE JACKEL

stukasa
Feb 8, 2008, 02:36 AM
I'm not sure which one restores the most HP but I use Bukuu Saien-zan with my Neiclaws and it works great. I usually only use the first move in the combo since the second hit scatters the enemies around.

mvffin
Feb 8, 2008, 02:42 AM
bukuu for the win. I hated the first claw pa, the uppercut thing... i quit using claw for awhile. then I found bukuu. my PA is only 23 or so, but i can break 1k damage per hit of the first combo against neutral element enemies.

CelestialBlade
Feb 8, 2008, 09:14 AM
Shousen does great damage, but I tend to get more healing out of Bukuu Saien-zan, which I also use with my Daiga-misaki anyway. It gives you much better range and hits really hard.

I pair my Neiclaw with Mayalee Hit on a grinded Varista, makes an excellent healing combo.

danny_o
Feb 8, 2008, 04:35 PM
...The nei claw restores HP? Dang! I never noticed that! Derr....

I have 2 of those things... chillin' in storage!

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 8, 2008, 05:17 PM
I'm having a hard tie using bukuu, more often then not the first part of combo knocks everything out of range of the second part ><

MrNomad
Feb 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
Well, its not like the 2nd part of that combo is relatively necessary or useful. You could be better off just using the 1st combo. It may not do as much total damage, but it will control the mob that way.

Dragwind
Feb 9, 2008, 06:14 PM
I like the new ult claw pa as well. Bukuu is it? Yeah.

stukasa
Feb 9, 2008, 06:50 PM
On 2008-02-08 14:17, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
I'm having a hard tie using bukuu, more often then not the first part of combo knocks everything out of range of the second part ><

Knocks everything out of the way? The first hit pretty much just knocks the enemies straight up, it's the second hit that knocks them away. I never use the second hit unless the enemies are ganging up on me.

mvffin
Feb 9, 2008, 07:48 PM
the first part of the combo does knock the enemies back noticeably, its not a blow away but it does spread them out a bit.

Neith
Feb 9, 2008, 08:54 PM
Shousen is a great PA for HP restoration (and IS a good PA, regardless of how many people slate it). Bukuu (the AoI UPA) is alright, but I find that most targets get knocked out of range of the final hit, which seems pointless. It works well with a Daiga-Misaki for the Freeze SE, and works great against large monsters, but other than that, I find it a bit mediocre. Mind, I still use it, so it can't be that bad. I just don't seem to use it much, and I use Claw a lot more than most people do.

Personally, I carry a Daiga with Bukuu and a Neiclaw with Shousen. Using Shousen (I'm only a Newman, so my HP is lower, but my healing rate is lower too because of my ATP), but I still recover my HP in seconds.

Talise
Feb 10, 2008, 05:43 AM
reason for flaming Shousen...really really lowwwwww ATP. Before Bukuu came out this was my PA, it's got really fast launching, and knock away power,but after the expansion its attack power left much to be desired. Bukuu is only slightly slower, but it can still do what Shousen does, for more damage, which is why I switched. Plus, it's really really cool of course =D.

Neith
Feb 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
On 2008-02-10 02:43, Talise wrote:
reason for flaming Shousen...really really lowwwwww ATP.

ATP mod is much better on the 2nd part, by the way. Even with only around 100%ATP on the first hit, the damage is decent.

CelestialBlade
Feb 10, 2008, 01:00 PM
I don't like Shousen as much as Bukuu because of the lower ATP (meaning you get less back per hit as HP, and you have to factor in 0s here) and the much smaller range. Personally I have absolutely no trouble hitting all three targets with Bukuu or keeping them in range. The second hit can be extremely useful if you're in the middle of a bunch of Olgohmon and you'd rather not be Barta-raped from all sides.

Matter of preference I suppose. I don't think Shousen is bad at all, but I like Bukuu better.

hiraisho
Feb 10, 2008, 03:38 PM
I'm currently using bukuu on my neiclaw and its alright. I tried shousen but I really just don't like the way it works. What is Senten like? I was thinking for spending frags on it in the future. But if it is just meh then I wont bother.

CelestialBlade
Feb 10, 2008, 07:01 PM
In my opinion....Senten isn't a BAD PA, but Shousen and Bukuu are clearly more damaging and more effective. It might work for some people's playing styles, but I just don't think it stands up to Shousen and especially Bukuu.