PDA

View Full Version : Question about hand-me-downs

PowerSlave
Feb 28, 2001, 10:57 PM
While there is still a debate about whether or not this is cheating, I do not believe it is for the items I wish to hand down were earned by me and me alone, not even trades here.
My level 78 Ranger has found a few good hunter weapons and I would like to give them to my new Hunter although he cannot yet use them.
Is the only way to do it, by dropping items online and having a friend stay in the game so you can go and pick them up? Or is there an easier way? I appreciate it

Take Care all

Naer
Feb 28, 2001, 11:03 PM
I hand down the ranger weapons down to my RAcaseal, i find nothing wrong with it. I mean c'mon what is a Huneweal going to do with a shotgun, rifle, etc.

Lord_Ariakas
Mar 1, 2001, 12:03 AM
I don't think handing down weapons you can't use to another one of your characters is cheating. I've been doing that since the first diablo game 4 years ago. The only way to do it is to use a friend.

Velga
Mar 1, 2001, 01:47 AM
Hand me downs are fine. Im a former diablo 2 player wasnt wrong is that game, isnt wrong in this one. But dupeing items to give to another character. You might as well go buy a gameshark and make him lvl 100 (:.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Velga on 2001-02-28 22:48 ]</font>

Samuel-Vimes
Mar 1, 2001, 02:53 AM
I personally don't feel that it is cheating. Having your friend hold your items is the only way I know how to transfer items.

Phantasmal
Mar 1, 2001, 04:38 AM
Cheating? Well, let's take a look at the situation....

A high level character has a lot of kick-ass stuff that S/he never uses anymore, so the player has another character that S/he wants to transfer all her/his items to.

Technically, it is not cheating. The player has rightfully earned the items, in question and is just re-using them. However, when we look at the second character (the level 1 char.), we see that S/he possesses items that wern't meant for a new character (Level 200 Mags, Double Sabers, Level 12+ Disk out the Wazoo, etc...)...

In theory, it's like starting all over with a level 50 character..

It's not really cheating. It's just.... uhhmmm....

Nick814625
Mar 1, 2001, 04:49 AM
What is duping???

PowerSlave
Mar 1, 2001, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Nick, duping is short for duplicating, i.e cloning items

Lord_Ariakas
Mar 1, 2001, 09:17 AM
Phantasmal:

I never hand down lvl. 200 mags. Raising a new mag is half the fun of creating a new character. I do consider giving a lvl 200 mag to new character cheating.

Nick:

Duping is short for duplication. Its when people use the email backup method to duplicate good items they have and pass them on to their friends. Duping is for cheaters!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Lord_Ariakas on 2001-03-01 06:21 ]</font>