PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: PC PSU AoI network mode lag. need help

daman2442
Feb 9, 2008, 05:29 PM
I have serious lag on network mode. I've tried playing on low graphic settings and turned off all firewalls and it still lags severly.

I'm running an HP Pavilion dv8000 laptop with Windows XP (SP2), 2GB of RAM, 2 intel centrino processors at 1.83 GHz each, NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600 with a 54Mbps internet connection.

I played the first PSU offline with high graphics and no problems. I run Aoti with no problems. Its just when I connect to the servers the lag starts.

My brother plays online with the same specs no problem.
I used the same internet connection as him and still get massive lag. The only difference between me and him is that im running a wireless internet connection and he isn't.

Anyone have any suggestions?

icewyrm
Feb 10, 2008, 03:03 AM
Ditch the wireless? I've yet to come across consumer grade wireless equipment that isn't shonky in some form or another, and interference is a common problem too. Also, if your internet connection is 54 Mbps, what speed is your wireless connection?

daman2442
Feb 10, 2008, 04:13 PM
the wireless speed is 54 Mbps unless I'm supposed to check someplace other than the bottom right area. (Signal strength is excellent)

Thank you for responding.

Damn now I gotta cut up my walls.