PDA

View Full Version : PSO possibly going to be remade?

Nitro Vordex
Feb 9, 2008, 09:42 PM
Even though the servers for the original PSO may be going down, do you think that, with time, they would totally revamp this game, with everything from Eps. 1,2,4 and maybe 3 as a side version? This obviously has been speculated before, but with the return of many old franchises latley(Street Fighter IV, NiGHTS, rumors of a Space Channel 5, Power Stone, Crazy Taxi) I think it would be quite possible for Sonic Team to come out with an Episode 5 pack, complete with the finish or even continuity of the PSO storyline. updated graphics, a server close to the PSU servers, the multiplayer, even more classes to choose from, it would be a smart move for ST. They may have been bombing it lateley, like Sonic console games being disappointing, almost to the point of failure, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled another Phantasy Star game out of their ass.

PSU has been a huge success, as we may or may not have seen. Despite people's opinions, there are a hell of a lot of players on PSU, and a lot of income being made for ST and Sega, what with the Guardians license and some people buying the game seperatley. With a download pack, Ambitions of Illuminus, updating the whole game or even in a slight way remaking it, it's quite possible to make another game with the same success.

All in all, I know Sonic Team might or even will see this potential for this continuity of the Phantasy Star series, as it would be foolhardy to not continue on what made these games what they are today.

AlexCraig
Feb 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=164303&forum=1&14

Freeze
Feb 9, 2008, 10:12 PM
As long as PSU is going and making money we won't see any more Phantasy Star games on the main consols except for maybe the WII and any portables. PSU is Sonic Teams baby right now. If they do make anouther one, as their history shows, it will be a completely new one not a remake. If you want PSO remade your only choice is PSU and its new content.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
I meant like a total remake, everything is mostly different, but still follows the PSO storyline.
Bah, had to get it out.

Splash
Feb 10, 2008, 01:32 AM
On 2008-02-09 20:40, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
I meant like a total remake, everything is mostly different, but still follows the PSO storyline.
Bah, had to get it out.

No. PSO is near death, and once the official servers for PSO:BB drop, it will be dead. Accept that fact already.

There is no reason why they would need to go back to PSO and extend the storyline. Their PSO:BB server population was lower than that of PSU's, implying that more people prefer PSU than PSO.

Jaspaller
Feb 10, 2008, 02:13 AM
All that PSO content they are putting into PSU really disgusts me now. As much as I love PSO I think they overdid it with that. PSU is the only thing we'll see until it dies and the next Phantasy Star pops up.

Out_Kast
Feb 10, 2008, 02:17 PM
I see quite a lot of people on BB on the other servers.
Probably not as much as PSU, but it's far from dead.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
If ST would get their asses in gear, they could easily revive this game.
Alas, they're too busy mimicking PSO and putting crap into PSU, like Out_Cast said.
I'm still gonna keep hope alive, I don't care what ST thinks. It would be a smart move and they know it.

Splash
Feb 10, 2008, 03:45 PM
I see quite a lot of people on BB on the other servers.
Probably not as much as PSU, but it's far from dead.
That has no revalance to what ST thinks. If their server is dead, then the game is dead because they are making it. It is due to the private servers that is making ST lose hope on PSO. A mere 60 on the official servers is nothing compared to a 200 on private.

On 2008-02-10 11:54, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
If ST would get their asses in gear, they could easily revive this game.
Why would they want to revive a game that is almost already dead?

Alas, they're too busy mimicking PSO and putting crap into PSU, like Out_Cast said.
But PSU is more popular than PSO so that would mean it is a good thing.

I'm still gonna keep hope alive, I don't care what ST thinks. It would be a smart move and they know it.

Or it is a smarter move to just leave it dead and move on.

AlexCraig
Feb 10, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well, I prefer PSO WAAAAAYY more than PSU. So I play PSO. My opinion is "why should I move on to something I hate when I can keep playing what I love?" Hence, why I cannot speak too much of my BB experiences.

DuRaL
Feb 10, 2008, 05:12 PM
well, PSO is still quite popular in japan, so there's a veeeeery little chance we might see PSOBB for Wii or something like that..

unfortunatelly, i doubt it, tho =/

Why would they want to revive a game that is almost already dead?
well, they released AOI for PS2/PC in the US, didn't they? xD

SStrikerR
Feb 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
This is the....18th topic about pso being remade in the past year, get it out, and get over it.

Splash
Feb 10, 2008, 08:43 PM
On 2008-02-10 14:12, DuRaL wrote:
well, they released AOI for PS2/PC in the US, didn't they? xD

Game, not gameplay.

Just because AoI brings back PSO elements does not make it PSO. It is still a PSU.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
On 2008-02-10 17:43, Splash wrote:

Just because AoI brings back PSO elements does not make it PSO. It is still PSU.

Thats the problem. While i do like PSU. PSO is still a hundred times the game PSU could ever be.

Altavista
Feb 11, 2008, 02:01 AM
PSO should start being free and focus on noobs trying to buy outfits through microtransactions.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 11, 2008, 02:06 AM
Why is this still alive? >_>
I figured a flame war or sumthin' but I guess this board is still dying.

On 2008-02-10 23:01, Altavista wrote:
PSO should start being free and focus on noobs trying to buy outfits through microtransactions.

What?

Out_Kast
Feb 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
On 2008-02-10 14:42, Ryan113 wrote:
This is the....18th topic about pso being remade in the past year, get it out, and get over it.

You actually counted...? -.-'

AlexCraig
Feb 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
There are a lot of these topics. I think that was an estimated guess.

doubleEXP
Feb 11, 2008, 04:02 PM
Topic: Will never happen, not that way you wrote it.

At best we can hope for a collector's release, someday, on pc that includes a full offline mode for all content that was released on BB (which would include Ep's 1, 2, and 4, as well as (hopefully) previously online-only quests). That would be nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2008-02-11 13:06 ]</font>

Sinclair
Feb 11, 2008, 04:26 PM
PSO FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Obtained Double Cannon Legitly!* only took me 2 days!!! 2/8 hildetorrs!!!!!!!

fablesoft
Feb 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
well..i think St should make a a ramke of pso..but mimicking a little from psu..like..the environement ( story and all) from pso, but with more costume ( BUT with the pso style...not like rogue outfit and all...) and a gameplay a little like psu ( pso doesnt have skill attack like psu..only spell)...well..thats what i think..or simply a new PS ( psu 50 % + psu %= A new PS)

fablesoft
Feb 14, 2008, 12:34 AM
oupséésry for double posting...( pso +psu)..not (psu +psu) ..thats what i wanted to say sry lol

Ragrappy99
Feb 14, 2008, 05:39 AM
I think a DS version of PSO would be good. Have the menus and stuff on the bottom screen, the area on the top screen and you can set like attacks or techniques to the a b x y buttons. You could meet on wi-fi also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragrappy99 on 2008-02-14 02:51 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Feb 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
The game could work VERY nicely on the DS IF they ported it over there... the only problem is the graphics/framerate which would be bogged down to shit.

bp_shoruko
Feb 14, 2008, 06:15 PM
Wait..psu, more popular than pso? Perhaps nowadays....but when I was still playing psoX it had AT LEAST twice the population psu has now. It would probably outdo psu even now if they'd just make it backward compatible.

Saphion
Feb 15, 2008, 05:17 AM
Apparently there was a PSO DS prototype at one point, but by the looks of things SEGA decided not to continue the project.

Because they hate success and money, evidently.

RemiusTA
Feb 17, 2008, 02:10 PM
We all love PSO, it was a great game and one of the best multiplayer gaming experiences you can get, but FUCKING GOD its never coming back.

Sonic Team is never wasting money on this game again. PSU is the NEW pso. get over it.

DC_PLAYER
Feb 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
well, you can still play it offline, still fun.

Skye-Fox713
Feb 17, 2008, 06:35 PM
It would be nice if ST put together something like a PSO game pack that had PSO ep 1&2 plus and ep. 4 BB on it (for offline only obviously), and have it for the newer systems. something like that wouldn't take a lot to do and would only need a slight adjustment in the coding for the controllers button configuration. Altho chances are it won't happen, but it would be nice if they did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2008-02-17 15:35 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Feb 17, 2008, 07:02 PM
On 2008-02-17 11:10, RemiusTA wrote:
PSU is the NEW pso. get over it.

It may be the newest game in the Phantasy Star series. It may be the new popular online game in the series. But it is not "the NEW pso". The games are uncomparable. They are too different.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-02-17 16:03 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Feb 17, 2008, 10:20 PM
On 2008-02-13 21:32, fablesoft wrote:
well..i think St should make a a ramke of pso..but mimicking a little from psu..like..the environement ( story and all) from pso, but with more costume ( BUT with the pso style...not like rogue outfit and all...) and a gameplay a little like psu ( pso doesnt have skill attack like psu..only spell)...well..thats what i think..or simply a new PS ( psu 50 % + psu %= A new PS)

Wait what? 0_o; (wtf?)

AlexCraig-yes that was an estimate, but not far off I can assure you. Ever since I saw 3 of these topics pop up within a few days of each other I did kind of keep track of how many. (There are around 16-20 of em.)

Splash
Feb 18, 2008, 06:08 AM
This topic is not even dead yet? -_-

GuardianElite
Feb 18, 2008, 12:48 PM
8 year how many more years you gonna beat that dog?

0rI0n
Feb 18, 2008, 03:21 PM
personally i dont care what peope want to say
about this, i'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed,
it's a great game and ST know it, it jusnt never got
the advertising it needed, i only found it by chance

and as for psu, its a good game, but i personaly
feel it lacks what PSO had,
it was like
gauntlet: dark legacy
it was a fun game
and i waited an waited for seven sorrows to
come out. and when it did, i felt it was over-cooked

Pso needs a boost, possibly on the wii
and a lot of advertising. it will soon rise up
again. people just need to believe

Totori
Feb 19, 2008, 06:55 PM
ok enough this is retarded why do u rant about the danm game it's dead u guys who play on private killed it ha ha but seriouly just move on you guys only want to play the game becasue all of ur old stuff look at the game PSU completly beats PSO there is nothing that PSO has that is better than PSU just face it......... sega team will never revive it because they lose alot of people from PSU

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hey, dumbass. Did you read my sticky? We don't give a flying damn if you think PSU is the hottest thing since the sun! Stop trying to incite a flame war of PSO vs PSU! We are tired of that shit! If you love PSU so much, post in PSU General. But don't come into PSO General just to start crap!

Furthermore, I shall reiterate that if we wanted to move on to PSU, we would be posting in PSU General, not PSO General. Now knock it the hell off!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-02-19 16:08 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Feb 19, 2008, 07:08 PM
PSU is not better, PSU IS DIFFERENT.

if it's better i wonder why the reviews on sites grade the game with a score inferior to any pso game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2008-02-19 16:09 ]</font>

Totori
Feb 19, 2008, 07:08 PM
i didnt it just pissed me off and the reason i came here was because i was bored that's i'm also tired of the flame wars and please dont call me a dumass it hurts my feeling you know

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 07:11 PM
On 2008-02-19 16:08, Manamaster544 wrote:
i didnt it just pissed me off and the reason i came here was because i was bored that's i'm also tired of the flame wars and please dont call me a dumass it hurts my feeling you know

Then next time check the stickies. I have already discussed topics like this up there. We do not need anyone saying "PSO sucks" in PSO General.

I apologize for my outburst and calling you a dumbass. I am just sick and tired of all this elitism going around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-02-19 16:13 ]</font>

Totori
Feb 19, 2008, 07:16 PM
and yes i also splpgize for restarting a war next time i will check before i post here

Seira7
Feb 19, 2008, 07:19 PM
On 2008-02-10 23:01, Altavista wrote:

I LOL'ed - imagining a F2P cash shop PSO where you can pay $5 for the "leopard print hunewearl outfit"
or "ronald mcdonald fonewearl stockings" ... hehe...
it COULD work!

Jaspaller
Feb 19, 2008, 07:22 PM
lol this topic is going nowhere. A mod needs to lock this useless topic.

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 07:27 PM
I wholeheartedly agree, Jasp.

Taleck
Feb 19, 2008, 07:29 PM
the mods are basically gone. sad day.

but i was laughing so hard when alex blew up. It was kinda funny. lol