PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: need info about melee rangers

ShadowAssasin
Feb 10, 2008, 05:59 PM
What are tips on making pure melee rangers?

Jaspaller
Feb 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
Focus mags on power more I guess. Doublesabers go good with rangers as well. Twin Brand/Twin Blaze/Monkey King Bar are the best off the top of my head for doublesaber weapons.

Splash
Feb 10, 2008, 08:50 PM
A melee ranger you say? Finally, someone with great tastes.

Use the usual Hunter mag except with a slight decrease in DEX and more on POW. An example would be 5/151/44/0 mag but adjust as you want.

Use a Twin Saber and Partisan to round out your single-target and multi-target needs. Use a Slicer weapon for range. For me, I also use a pair of Daggers but this is up to you if you want to use one or not.

And then obviously, all melee characters require a God/Battle (if on BB, Heavenly/Battle).

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 10, 2008, 09:57 PM
actually i have a melee ranger at the moment but i also have the red handgun and meteor smash when i feel like a wuss and want to kill from farther away

with this one i have a mag with emphasis on POW and i have god legs and ogre powers for ATK as well

so much fun i'll say!

Maede
Feb 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
Acrofighter maybe? Slicer = melee ranged weapon.

AlexCraig
Feb 10, 2008, 10:09 PM
Wrong game, yo. This is PSO General.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
sorry...didn't see that detail

AlexCraig
Feb 10, 2008, 10:57 PM
No, not you.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 10, 2008, 11:03 PM
whoops...man this laptop sucks...i just realized what you said AlexCraig...now to fix this laptop

Splash
Feb 11, 2008, 06:29 PM
On 2008-02-10 18:57, LonesomeCrow7 wrote:
actually i have a melee ranger at the moment but i also have the red handgun and meteor smash when i feel like a wuss and want to kill from farther away

with this one i have a mag with emphasis on POW and i have god legs and ogre powers for ATK as well

so much fun i'll say!

That's not really meleeing then now is it?

Not to say that a melee ranger can't carry at least one gun around. But it shouldn't be carrying more than that, let alone mechguns, shots, and needles. That's not meleeing any more then.