PDA

View Full Version : Mag Cells Anywhere

Dragon-Ibuki
Feb 28, 2001, 11:07 PM
Well, now those countless games in the forest on very hard can stop people. I had entered a friend's game (he called me in to give me something) and I decided to stay for a couple experience points or two. I entered his TP into the mines and after the third or fourth room in, and a couple dozen robot pieces later, lo and behold, I pick up 'Mag Cell 502'. Shocked, I ask him "Did you drop anything?!" His reply, "No." And it's then it hits me.....It's totally random! You can find a mag cell anywhere....nevermind those countless Forest games...jus' play, gain experience, awesome special weapons ANYWHERE in very hard...it'll pop up sooner or later. Now my poor Skelly (Ravana) has been changed to an irresistably kute Soniti. No longer do I look evil with a cow's skull next to me. Ah well...I found a mag cell, Soniti shall be my new mag. Good luck to everyone on their hunt!

ragnarok
Feb 28, 2001, 11:47 PM
Let me go now and get one !!!

Cheech
Mar 1, 2001, 01:29 AM
Hmm, I have found both of my mag cells in Forest 2 (on one run) so that is why I guessed it can only be found there.

xeku
Mar 1, 2001, 02:53 AM
Nice to hear....the forests are becomming rather drab..

I'm curious - how many hours have you logged for the characters that found the Mag Cells?
I have yet to find one, and have two characters 100 hours apiece.

Xeku

Cheech
Mar 1, 2001, 03:18 AM
I have about 160 hours on my game.. I've found that once I hit about 150 hours, you sky rocket with rare weapons.

Dragon-Ibuki
Mar 1, 2001, 05:21 AM
Last I checked...jus' over 120 hours....but I didn't find it in my game...I found it in a friend's game...he had the green badge, was lvl 100, and probably logged on more hours than I have HP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif Yeah, it gets much easier to find special stuff the longer you've played and the higher your lvl....(HURRAY! No more DB Sabers!...well, at least not as much as before...)

xeku
Mar 1, 2001, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the information all...

You know, I actually forced myself to use a DB saber the other night....very unfulfilling..

Xeku

RAY16
Mar 2, 2001, 05:29 PM
i've loged over 200 hours of play (i know, its sad that i have no life) and i still havn't found a mag cell. my guy is lv93 and hes a pinkal. i do have a soniti but i dodn't find a mag cell and change mine into soniti. my lv100 jp dude gave me it.

Kerek
Mar 2, 2001, 05:30 PM
Actually to tell the truth your story sounds fishy. The Mag Cell I got, didn't say "Mag Cell 502" because that's not how it appears. It appears as "Cell of Mag 502".

I don't want to offend you, but that is just how it is with mine.

Dragon-Ibuki
Mar 3, 2001, 02:05 PM
Oh it's alright. To tell the truth, I was oh too happy to find one that I used it up as soon as my friend told me he didn't drop it. The title you gave the cell is probably right since I posted this up the next day. But I do have lil' Soniti and did find it in my friend's game (alas..though it's no great loss to me, I don't have any form of game shark, nor do I intend to get one)...but anyhoo...good luck to everyone to find one outside of the forest (believe me...sick n' tired of getting chased by boombas!) I'm off to find more if possible! Catch me at Ariel 5 or Puck 8 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Be happy to play!

Sonkakarot
Mar 6, 2001, 11:46 PM
WOW! That's AWESOME! I can't wait til i clock in 150 hours.....whenever i play the ruins on V-Hard i managed to get 25 Db's saber and 40 varista...maybe a few flowens swords or blade dances...rarely a photon claw or VISE guns.......but soon...mag cells and rare weapons will be mine! I owe you one!

Dragon-Ibuki
Mar 7, 2001, 06:15 PM
Hey, what about a good mag cell/rares hunt? Always willing to play with a good team. Puck 9's the place to be, hope yu'll come n' play with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif GOod luck with the weapons n' cells!

BladeofDarkness
Mar 8, 2001, 01:21 PM
Well later tonight I might come to puck 9 if i do my game will be called "Cell hunt!"

Zephyr
Mar 9, 2001, 03:26 PM
I hate to burst everyone's bubbles, but as far as I can tell your chance of finding rares is effected by very little. Let me dispell all of the major rumors... that you get better rares when you have over 150 hrs, when you are high level and when you complete all the offline quests on every difficulty.

I'm at 320hrs, lvl 100 and I've completed every quest on every difficulty. In the past few weeks alone I must have solo'ed ruins v.hard at least 40 times... getting 40 ?SPECIAL WEAPONs in every pass. In my 320hrs of play I have yet to find a single truly rare weapon... all I've found are 9 star rares like db's and varistas... no double sabers, delsaber's busters or sbeats... nadda.

The point being, all these rumors are just that... rumors.

Heero_Yuy
Mar 10, 2001, 03:41 AM
Ya don't find delsabres buster you find delsabre right arms and take them to the doctor in the offline quests to make it into 1.

jett862
Mar 10, 2001, 01:32 PM
The only good special weapons (besides the ones like db' sabers, varistas, fire sceptar:agni and the like) was an eggblaster +72 which was just stolen, delsabers buster, spread needle (woohoo its... stolen), my 1977 agito, a meteor smash, and akikos frying pan. I hate thiefs they got just from me today:
400000, spread needle, and eggblaster.

K2
Mar 12, 2001, 08:10 PM
Zephyr, i can relate to you.
I am a Pinkal 100lvl Humar and have played about 190 hrs. I have never truly found any rare rares during my 190 hrs. of play. I completed all the missions on every level too. I beat the game solo about 5 times already. I still get squat. Maybe it's my section id or something but i don't know why i don't get squat at all. but, at least i did get at least 3 delsaber right arms and an fake agito, but i still need to find some RARE RARE weapons and mag cells. All the rumors aren't true. i still get squat no matter what i do!!!
hopefully i find something soon!! like a laviscannon or something.

IceBlink
Mar 12, 2001, 11:15 PM
Well, I was playing online with a friend in the ruins on normal, I picked up a Photon Claw, when I was at level 25. ^_^ Still no Mag Cells yet... ^_^;;

Cowboybebop
Mar 14, 2001, 05:50 PM
A lot of it has to do with your section ID and believe it or not if you play online and offline quest, quest will help you find rares.

Also I know a way to get mags to change without mag cell, a cheat or GS but in game secret.

Andromeda
Mar 16, 2001, 04:40 PM
to Cowboy: are you going to share your method of getting MAGs to transform by using the in-game "secret"??

shizumadrive
Mar 17, 2001, 05:25 AM
Zephyr is right hour age of characters doesnt make that much of a difference. I believe luck stat of the character is the main factor. Fighting a rare form of monster say a blue rappy would affect it too. (which i saw on normal and was killed by)

As to mags I had read that certain mags cells/hearts are found in only certain areas not that all mag cells/hearts are found in the forests. Opa Opa heart was said to only be availible in the forest. Others though why shouldnt they be found elsewhere.

hmm you think these mag cells are the missing mags mentined in Magnitude of metal quest?

TALENA
Apr 8, 2001, 05:18 PM
The number of hours you have played makes no difference whatsoever in what you can find! Its how high your luck is.

Drake
Apr 9, 2001, 02:29 AM
I've heard that Luck has absolutely no bearing on your chance of finding rare items - it only affects critical hits, spell effects (freeze/paralysis), and so on. I have no idea whether or not this is actually the case, but it does seem logical. ^^;

Dragon-Ibuki
Apr 14, 2001, 07:09 PM
Shizu..if that's the case...I found Sonichi in the mines...oddly enuff, it looks like a robotic bunny head. Would it be somewhat likely that if they're area specific (though spread out) Robochao could be gotten also in mines (Robo..robots)? Just a theory, of course.