PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question...

Furion
Jan 15, 2003, 10:12 PM
Alright...well, I was just wondering if you find rare items more frequently offline playing solo, online playing multiplayer, or if it has no effect. Told ya it was quick!

Sapphire87
Jan 15, 2003, 10:16 PM
When you're online, there's more enemies that spawn, so your chances of an enemy dropping a rare are higher. However, since you're in a group, your chances of being the first to grab a rare are reduced. I prefer to do my rare hunting offline and use online just for leveling and socializing. You can also take your time offline by opening every box and exploring every room.

VulpesMundi
Jan 15, 2003, 10:35 PM
You can also play offline multi-player and just have another character tag along and idle while you work with another one. This way you get the enemy spawns of an online game offline. Just need two or more characters at high enough levels to play together in the same difficutly.

castelli
Jan 16, 2003, 07:03 PM
You can also go online, make a locked room and you will get more monsters and not have to worey about getting beat to the goods.

spardaGC
Jan 16, 2003, 09:30 PM
You can also take your time offline by opening every box and exploring every room.

YOU CAN FIND RARES IN BOXES!!!!!??!!?!?!?!!?!

Brundidge
Jan 16, 2003, 09:44 PM
^ ^ ^
that's like the biggest n00b thing I've ever read.

Anyways playing multiplayer just puts more monsters on the field thus most chances of items to drop. And yes you can find rares in boxes but they are not going to be high quality.

Para
Jan 16, 2003, 09:54 PM
also monsters are stronger online than offline... just to point out...

it is possible to make a private game online and solo.... because its good training... not exp wise but skill wise i guess

Grimsoar
Jan 16, 2003, 10:31 PM
On 2003-01-16 18:30, spardaGC wrote:

You can also take your time offline by opening every box and exploring every room.

YOU CAN FIND RARES IN BOXES!!!!!??!!?!?!?!!?!

I find rares in boxes all the time, mostly duplicates of what I have. But there's nothing like smashing a box and finding an Addslot!