PDA

View Full Version : opinions of hunters

ShadowAssasin
Feb 11, 2008, 04:43 PM
What is your opinions of the different hunters?

Jaspaller
Feb 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
HUcast. Pure win

HUcaseal. Pretty good balance. High ATA, speed boosts for animations with certain weapons. Ninja/stealthy.

HUmar, probably my favorite of the four. Can't use S/D but when you let loose the M&Y the power is great.

HUnewearl is my least favorite... ATP is pretty low and starts off with some pretty bad ATA. I couldn't play the character when I hit ultimate and it ended up being deleted eventually.

kevlar_pso
Feb 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
I would rank them #1 HUcast #2 HUcaseal #3 HUnewearl #4 HUmar. I actually considered omitting HUmar entirely. l0l

DC_PLAYER
Feb 11, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hucast- great for entering areas before any other char, good dfp and hp keeps him alive no matter the danger
hunewearl- can be use to cast techs in wich case may help cause extra damage, only good at high lvl
humar, the most destructive off all in later stages, with techs, suport S/D and a mighy atp wich increases even more with Shifta, a tremendous power god.

(this considering pso ver.2)

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 11, 2008, 05:16 PM
I just hate androids because of the lack of capacity to carry healing items...i don't like having to telepipe back 20 times to have enough items because my character struggles...

I think i'll make the exception with HUcast though...its attack is outrageous!

But my favorite is the HUnewearl because of its ability to last a long time with resta, S/D, and extra healing items...its defense and evasion make up for lower ATK and ACC

kizu
Feb 11, 2008, 06:37 PM
HUcast is a beast if you are smart. Carry healing items, a hp stealing wep and whatever other weapon you want that you intend to destroy with and you will be near unstopable.
HUmar - good, 2nd highest atp and cna use limited techs. Hes useful but go with HUcast if you can
HUnewearl - pretty bad stats for a hunter, does have good techs though (S/D can help with the atp lost). needs skill in playing as well as some good ATA ratings in MAG and good hit% on weps for Ultimate
HUcaseal - fast and good ATA, doesn't have as much power though as the male HUs

Taleck
Feb 11, 2008, 08:08 PM
dude, i'm a level 55 HUcast with amazing stats. i couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but i can tell you with a good mag, my power is 550 and my ATA is 136. My rati is pretty amazing though, so, can't really do much with out it.

raikomaru40
Feb 13, 2008, 07:44 AM
HUmar=L33t pWnZ
HUcast=ok....
HUnewearl=suck
HUcaseal=suck

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 13, 2008, 07:55 AM
I still think HUnewearls are the best but i'm not going to argue here...i guess i have more fun with characters with more well rounded stats like them and the RAmarl (ones that have resta!)

I still hate androids

AlexCraig
Feb 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
Don' be haetin'

Anywho, I play as HUmars and a HUnewearl. I wasn't much for the casts, but then I really hadn't played too much of them (have a RAcast and caseal, so I kinda wanted a balance of some sort). I guess I favor HUmars more, but I don't detest the other HU's.

Altavista
Feb 13, 2008, 08:22 AM
I have a HUcast and RAcast. I like casts alot cause I don't give a damn about techs. Only forces should use techs imo. But I started out with a HUmar but deleted it due to lack of ATP.

Correction: When I played my HUmar I was a playing singleplayer and my best weapon was a delsaber buster with a delsaber shield. The HUmar itself was not my problem, it was my gear and the fact I don't like humans in PSO as much as casts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Altavista on 2008-02-14 10:05 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Feb 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
lack of atp, he is the 2nd strongest, i beleive the racast is less powerfull

Jaspaller
Feb 13, 2008, 11:23 AM
lol. Lack of atp. That's pretty funny.

raikomaru40
Feb 13, 2008, 12:36 PM
HUmars pwn like no other ('cept the cast)

doubleEXP
Feb 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
HUnewearl is the best solo HU in my opinion, since they get level 20 shifta/deband/resta and level 7 anti (highest anti goes).

Played well, they can handle anything, and with their 20 shifta they have more ATP (offline) than any other other HU.

Online they're still good since level 20 resta and level 7 anti definitely does not suck. If the FO goes down a HUney can keep the rest of the part alive until someone moon's the FO back to life.

I also agree with LonesomeCrow7: I definitely prefer more well-rounded characters to characters that rock in some areas and are weak in others. Just my style.

As for their relatively low-ATA: its no big deal. My current HUne is level 82 and has a 200 Savitri with 125 pow and 70 dex. She never misses, and with shifta 15 (still 5 to go on shifta) she's still doing great damage.

Taleck
Feb 14, 2008, 12:51 AM
I like HUcast and HUnewerl

The best thing to get the ATP up, give them a level 180 Rati with 15/93/71/1 to start off with their mag. My level 1 HUnewearl is one hit killing boomas! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SStrikerR
Feb 17, 2008, 10:32 PM
Humar-My main that I used, great atp, pretty good def, doesnt die much cept for megid.
Hunewearl- S&D is freaking awesome, and her atp and def rock with it, but ata...yeah >_>
Hucast-I hate the lack of techs, but traps are nice.
Huncaseal-cool animations.

concussionman
Feb 18, 2008, 01:55 AM
I've made all four but only have three at the moment.

Personally I just enjoy my Hucast the most for the straight up power and traps. The freeze traps are a must and I can make runs very quickly.

Second I would put my Humar, all the animations (except for claw) are good and with the ability to heal he's a fairly round character.

I would put Hucaseal next, only because of poor battle animations on the double swords.

Lastly Hunewearl, only because I want a hunter for their strength, not for their MST so, Hunewearl doesn't make alot of sense to me. S&D are nice, but even with that your barely coming close to a Hucast ATP of the same level.

kevlar_pso
Feb 21, 2008, 06:42 AM
Having traps in Ultimate Quests saves your life in so many ways, so many times. I can almost always go from healing ring to healing ring dealing out my traps and laying waste to whatever I have trapped.

Obscenity
Feb 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
On 2008-02-11 13:50, kevlar_pso wrote:
I would rank them #1 HUcast #2 HUcaseal #3 HUnewearl #4 HUmar. I actually considered omitting HUmar entirely.

That about sums it up for me.

DC_PLAYER
Feb 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
doesn't the humar get more atp then hucaseal and hunewearl, then it means he can use stronger blades earlier then the female hunters right?

Taleck
Feb 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
i think so, i'm not sure.

HUnewearl imo is just fun to play as.

concussionman
Feb 21, 2008, 11:33 PM
On 2008-02-21 10:01, DC_PLAYER wrote:
doesn't the humar get more atp then hucaseal and hunewearl, then it means he can use stronger blades earlier then the female hunters right?

True, the Hunewearls advantage is Shifta & Deband, but you still have to wait to be able to use the weapons, but not by much.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 22, 2008, 08:17 AM
the difference between HUmars and Hunewearls ATP isn't too bad but a good mag can fix the lower ATP problem...then adding S/D makes them slightly more appreciable

DC_PLAYER
Feb 22, 2008, 09:56 AM
in a team the s/d would be aplied on all chars, huneys and humars.......humars would benefit more the % of the shifta bonus.
humar is human so he has a great hp to survive many attacks, so in melee the body of a humar can take more damage then a huney.
some hunter weapons require male hunters to use them, humar is a male hunter, huney may use some unique claws or something.

Jaspaller
Feb 22, 2008, 11:47 AM
I agree with whats already been said. Throw a force into the group and RAmarls and HUnewearls are the worst of the groups IMO. RAcaseals take the cake for worst with their lack of ATP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2008-02-22 08:49 ]</font>

Taleck
Feb 22, 2008, 07:43 PM
On 2008-02-22 05:17, LonesomeCrow7 wrote:
the difference between HUmars and Hunewearls ATP isn't too bad but a good mag can fix the lower ATP problem...then adding S/D makes them slightly more appreciable

i gave my lvl.1 HUnewearl a level 200 power and dex mag, needless to say everything on normal is a one hit kill. with a rail gun. almost using a varista at lvl.7.

RbrtLoper
Feb 23, 2008, 12:29 AM
I would use a HUcast but they can't use Resta, that's why I stick with HUmar

Nisoth
Feb 28, 2008, 01:44 PM
Win: HUnewearl - Decent techs make up for lack of raw power. Also, great force substitute: Heals, pumps, AND contributes free damage.
Second: HUcast - Excellent power. Most traps of any cast.
Third: HUcaseal - Good accuracy coupled with good power makes her valuable. Lots of freeze traps are also good. Least traps among casts, though.
Lose: HUmar - Decent power, but weak techs make him a far cry from exciting to play.

KojiroAK
Feb 28, 2008, 09:19 PM
@Jaspeller
RAcaseal may have low ATP but the bonus towards paralyse special and the higher ATA towards an RAcast gives them an advantage i wouldn't understimate.
Also the verry high DFP can be an advantage in many situations.
RAcaseals aren't a tank they are a bunker.

I still wonder my self why RAcaseals are that understimated.
Maybe people can't just play them.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 28, 2008, 09:46 PM
KojiroAK i understand what you are saying...the reason why they are underestimated is that whatever mode they enter (like ultimate at say level 70 or something) they aren't that good relative to the RAcast...however they do get more DEF as they get higher in level and that does become a plus because more hits can be put in before healing yourself because they wont fall over as easily when they get stronger relative to a RAcast. I had a RAcaseal before and i liked it because they took a beating pretty well

Jaspaller
Feb 28, 2008, 10:28 PM
My main problem with RAcaseal is the ATP. Sure they might be better for as a support type of character but they really aren't that strong at all without the help of a force.

I couldn't stand playing RAcaseal and deleted it a while after. I understand what you're saying but the main thing that it has better over others is the high DFP, a stat I personally don't care much about myself.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 28, 2008, 10:49 PM
nah thats cool dude understandable...thats why i deleted mine lol...i see it from both sides

Splash
Feb 29, 2008, 02:30 AM
On 2008-02-28 19:28, Jaspaller wrote:
My main problem with RAcaseal is the ATP. Sure they might be better for as a support type of character but they really aren't that strong at all without the help of a force.

Lolz at this statement.

Any character is weak without a Force, don't deny that. That's why you rely on yourself. If it is necessary to rely on a Force for help, then you just plain suck at the game.

RAcaseals play far from support. Because of their high DFP, they can actually be a melee character very early on in the game without actually getting knocked out like some other characters. This simplistically makes clearing rooms a breeze. Their lack of ATP is compensated when you go head on and attack with a close-range weapon.

The irony is that most RAcaseals I have seen play a whole lot better than a typical Hunter who use "lolz mechguns".

Jaspaller
Feb 29, 2008, 11:15 AM
On 2008-02-28 23:30, Splash wrote:
Any character is weak without a Force, don't deny that. That's why you rely on yourself. If it is necessary to rely on a Force for help, then you just plain suck at the game.

Okay lol I won't deny it... RAcaseal still has some of the worst ATP of the Rangers and Hunters. Maxed out it's only 30 ATP higher than a RAmarl. I'd rather use a RAmarl instead of RAcaseal anyways since it can support itself much better thanks to techs.

On 2008-02-28 23:30, Splash wrote:
RAcaseals play far from support. Because of their high DFP, they can actually be a melee character very early on in the game without actually getting knocked out like some other characters. This simplistically makes clearing rooms a breeze. Their lack of ATP is compensated when you go head on and attack with a close-range weapon.

Good equipment, problem solved for other characters.

AlexCraig
Feb 29, 2008, 01:36 PM
I don't get this hate for other classes thing. I mean, I have most of the classes, and all of them play well for me. *shruggs* I guess it is a preference thing.

Ithildin
Feb 29, 2008, 05:39 PM
HUnewearl
HUmar
HUcaseal
HUcast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ithildin on 2008-02-29 14:54 ]</font>

Nisoth
Feb 29, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'm curious to why you ranked the hunter classes the way you did, Ithildin.

LonesomeCrow7
Feb 29, 2008, 09:34 PM
i agree with Nisoth...even i don't get why the HUcast is rated last

SStrikerR
Feb 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
On 2008-02-22 16:43, Taleck wrote:

i gave my lvl.1 HUnewearl a level 200 power and dex mag, needless to say everything on normal is a one hit kill. with a rail gun. almost using a varista at lvl.7.

First off that's on normal, and you cant judge off of that. 2nd off So what? I could use musashi's at level 5 with a power mag.

Jaspaller
Feb 29, 2008, 10:19 PM
Guys, I gave my level FOnewm a level 200 power and dex mag. Needless to say he was a born hunter and would probably kick ass all over ultimate! lololoo

Taleck
Mar 1, 2008, 12:56 AM
On 2008-02-29 18:38, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-02-22 16:43, Taleck wrote:

First off that's on normal, and you cant judge off of that. 2nd off So what? I could use musashi's at level 5 with a power mag.

i'm not saying anything, except that it's fun. everyone hates going through the first few levels, so doing them fast makes it a little nicer.

Taleck
Mar 1, 2008, 01:01 AM
Sorry for the double post.

HUcast
HUnewearl-HUmar-HUcaseal

I can't really say that HUmar is bad because i had one, and i loved him, then corruption happened. I've never played a HUcaseal, so i can't really judge that. But By far my favorite is HUcast, i'm a power hungry person, so I love just smashing the enemys, it just makes me happy.

Question: Can HUnewearl use all the techs? cause they are a newm? I was just wondering if that is true? or am i just making stuff up.

LonesomeCrow7
Mar 1, 2008, 01:15 AM
HUnewearls can't use megid or grants...but they can use all other spells up to level 20

furthermore my first raised character was a HUcaseal and all i can say is that they have very high accuracy (for hunters) which makes mechguns amazing for them...but i abandoned it for anyone who can use resta...but they are good overall with nice evasion as well...i just have a displeasure for androids lol

Taleck
Mar 1, 2008, 01:17 AM
okay, thanks for that note.

I'm all about power, i don't care if i have 20 health or 500 health, i'll go into a room and murder everyone, or just get totally owned.

LonesomeCrow7
Mar 1, 2008, 01:32 AM
murder is acceptable...getting pwned just sucks balls

Taleck
Mar 1, 2008, 02:44 AM
oh yeah, but suicide is sometimes really REALLY fun. sadly.