PDA

View Full Version : Would upgrading to 64 bit Vista (business) from regular Vist

Psycho_Sonic
Feb 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
I have yet to get this for PC, but i'm about to get it. I do know that Sega has terrible programmers, so apparently I won't get too good a framerate with the laptop i got recently.

Dell Vostro 1500
Vista Business
1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
NVidia 8400M GS
2 gigs RAM

Would upgrading to 64 bit Vista (i can get it free) help at all? Also, I hear that 64 bit takes a massive amount of room (like 30 gigs). This true? And do you think it's worth it?

VioletSkye
Feb 11, 2008, 11:56 PM
It won't help you in any way (at least not in regards to PSO or PSU.) Also I would make sure that you have 64bit drivers available for your laptop's devices (sound, video, LAN, Wireless, etc.) You still want at least 15GB of free space to do the install but iirc it takes up about 8-10GB of harddrive space. I had it installed on my laptop at one time but I have since removed it so I don't remember exactly what kind of installation footprint it makes.

Psycho_Sonic
Feb 12, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hm, so it won't make a big diff? ;_;

I heard i'll only be able to run this at 15 frames... I wanted a way to increase performance w/o switching to XP.

VioletSkye
Feb 12, 2008, 12:31 AM
Which game are you wanting to run? If it's PSU, you'll definitely be able to run it at a decent framerate. You won't be able to max everything obviously but it should run smoothly at around medium settings. I had it running on a single core Turion with 512MB of DDR RAM and an Xpress 200M chipset and your specs easily out perform that.

Psycho_Sonic
Feb 14, 2008, 12:22 AM
Really? Awesome, thanks.