PDA

View Full Version : I knew this game was tough but...Damn!

HKDon
Jan 15, 2003, 11:25 PM
Sorry if I'am sounding like a newbie(God I hate them)
I just got the game yesterday and MAN am I glad I got it! mind you I don't have the BBA yet but as soon as I do expect a new face in the PSO world.
I found out the difficulty jump by going to the caves for the first time with my lvl 10 FOmar, man those monsters suck up TPs(ok sounding real newbie here) oh yeah where was I? oh yeah! this game kicks ass (goes back to playing)

MonoxideChild
Jan 15, 2003, 11:56 PM
I'm doing the VR ruins right now. They are pretty damn hard, but my lvl 10 HUcast is managing to get threw it.

D_O_G
Jan 16, 2003, 12:00 AM
a noob you are

blah TP is for cowards, HuCasts never hide behind spells http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

CajunSamurai
Jan 16, 2003, 06:51 AM
Welcome aboard! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

A FOmar as a starting character? Wow, you're a brave soul. It'll definitely be a bit of a challenge then, as FO are easily the most difficult class to start the game as.
I recommend creating a HU and RA class as well to get used to other play styles.
For now though, concentrate on your FO. Lv10 should be pretty good for taking on the caves... If your mag doesn't have much Mind, definitely up that stat in order to increase your MST (which in turn will increase your TP).
Also remember that FOmar's have the most powerful "gi" techs, so be sure to get all of those as soon possible (gifoie, gizonde, gibarta).
One last FOmar tip: Unequip your weapon to cast spells at the fastest rate possible. This is most fun to do with gizonde. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif A very nice technique while fighting bosses.

Sedyne
Jan 16, 2003, 08:16 AM
On 2003-01-15 21:00, D_O_G wrote:
a noob you are

blah TP is for cowards, HuCasts never hide behind spells http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

HUcasts also never hit the damn enemy ^_^

Elusive_Llama
Jan 16, 2003, 08:34 AM
I respect players who use a Hucast or Hucaseal effectively. I don't know how people play without techs to back them up, but it sure must be something to see.

Madgeiser
Jan 16, 2003, 08:41 AM
Well...the trick to play as an Andriod is by trying to get hit as less as possible, due to the fact that andriod can only have so much mates they can carry.

I have seen some player who play as an andriod, that when they plan to do VH DF, they just went in there and littered the place with mates then start DF and die. Rinse and repeat a couple of times.... none the less playing an andriod is fun albiet a bit annoying when you run out of mates and moons.

But playing as a force is much more challenging! So HKDon there is indeed a very brave soul to try FO as a first character. Happy Hunting, and if you need any tech or help leveling, you can look me up at Deneb 10 (Mostly) and Antares 8. See ya around.

P/S : Btw this is my first post after a long absent, I am glad to be back in PSOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Madgeiser on 2003-01-16 05:45 ]</font>

HKDon
Jan 16, 2003, 11:23 AM
Brave soul? well thank you ^-^ I just like a challange thats all, you know what they say
"think differently" heh besides if things get too hard(and they will) I'll use my other char HKDon a HUmar heh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HKDon on 2003-01-16 14:24 ]</font>

Toyzferall
Jan 16, 2003, 11:51 AM
*Is a fairly seasoned HUcast user* Fun stuff. But, I'll agree, FOmar as yer first charrie? Wow. *Salutes* Anyways... Yeah, there's quite a jump from Forest to Caves yer first go around. Don't worry. You'll get better. Both your character's stats, and your own personal skill level. Oh, and, welcome to PSO and PSOW! ^.^

dude3282
Jan 16, 2003, 05:32 PM
Hmm, my first char was a Fomar - but I played a little on the DC (I think I had a Ramar, a Fomarl, and a something else that I've forgotten). I liked Fomarl a lot, cause I could use a handgun when I was out of TP. Fun fun fun. But my Ramar suxored, because I messed up his Mag.

Reven
Jan 16, 2003, 05:49 PM
I find that Forces are only hard to play if they are your starting character (salute to all of you crazy enuf to do that).. I started with a HUcaseal on this version and it's been real fun.. god I wish I had Resta, but even so I find nothing funner than going balls to the wall with my HUcaseal..

I have a Force now and with all the stuff I nabbed for her and the Mag I made for her with my HUcaseal it's easy as cheese... Definately the easiest time I've ever had with a character, got her to Ult. at Lvl 45

Muku6
Jan 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
Starting out as a Force is hard. I started on DC v1 that way, before knowing it would be one heck of a long ride. I found it challenging, yet fun at the same time [although at times frustrating]. I started again with a Force.. kudos to others of you either stupid enough or just with the gumption to do it. ;D (For me originaly it was just stupidity.)

beamscythe
Jan 16, 2003, 09:48 PM
Man, what's with everybody playing a FOmar? Heh, well, in order to conserve TP, I made a Power MAG (Does 15/181/4/0 stats sound like a POW MAG? Hehe) and because I'm generally a Hunter at heart (Though I'd like to play a Force), I found it quite fun. Too bad I can't use a Partisan or Sword- My two Hunter weapons... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HKDon
Jan 17, 2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah I'am going with the same strategy as beamscythe I'am a real hack and slash guy, I don't why I picked a FOmar but it's more fun and challanging with him
on another note, I'am going to look for the BBA this weekend, chances of finding it 10%, why? because I want to play with you guys(and girls just to be equal) but even if I do I won't be able to play that much, exams are almost here and that means study study study!

Ghaleon
Jan 18, 2003, 10:11 AM
Man, what's with everybody playing a FOmar?

not everybody plays as a fomar. there is a ton of people who hate and loath us fomars.

kaseius
Jan 18, 2003, 10:24 AM
FOmars are alright, but I seem to see a lot of them. And yesterday, I was in a game with one, and he wanted to do a NiGHTS quest, so I followed along. I was playing my HUcast, and so we went to the Seaside, and while I was standing there, waiting for him to knock the Gees down, he didn't. He just stood like.. in the safe places or walked around them. One of the worst FOs I have ever seen. Man. But, a FO is the worst character for starting the game.