PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Changing Mag Stats for Evolution

lugard
Feb 14, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hello all,

I recently started playing PSO and nearly got my brain melted by all the information I've absorbed thus far.
I think I got a pretty good grasp of it all now but I'm still confused about the mag when it comes to evolutions.

Lets say I make a force mag (section Whitil?) and evolve it into a Ashvinau (Dex >), if I would change its stats to Mind > Dex > power before level 50, will it turn into a Ila, or will it stay a Ashvinau because it's not a Namuci (Mind >).
It doesn't really matter but as I wish to evolve it into a Nidra later on (Dex+Def = Mind+pow), but if at all possible I wish to see if I can get the PB of Ila instead of Bhirava (as I already have Pilla from Ashvinau). If it can't evolve into a Ila then I'd go Bhirava purely for the effects until I get my Nidra.

A similar question would apply to trading Mags with different classes. if a hunter levels a mag till level 10, will it continue with the hunter evolution or will it turn into a force evolution (of the appropriate stats)?

I hope that someone can help me out, with at least the first question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jaspaller
Feb 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
I haven't dealt with mags in a long while but I'll see if I can answer this...

On 2008-02-14 03:11, lugard wrote:
Lets say I make a force mag (section Whitil?) and evolve it into a Ashvinau (Dex >), if I would change its stats to Mind > Dex > power before level 50, will it turn into a Ila, or will it stay a Ashvinau because it's not a Namuci (Mind >).

For the first two evolutions they stay permanent until the next level (except for certain things like mag cells). You can mess with the stats and make one higher and another lower altering the path.

So you have a Ashvinau with high dex. When you hit level 50, that's when the next evolution happens. If you altered the stats like you said (MIND > DEX > POW) It would turn into an Ila at 50.

It doesn't really matter but as I wish to evolve it into a Nidra later on (Dex+Def = Mind+pow), but if at all possible I wish to see if I can get the PB of Ila instead of Bhirava (as I already have Pilla from Ashvinau). If it can't evolve into a Ila then I'd go Bhirava purely for the effects until I get my Nidra.

Provided you feed it right you should be able to get that PB.

A similar question would apply to trading Mags with different classes. if a hunter levels a mag till level 10, will it continue with the hunter evolution or will it turn into a force evolution (of the appropriate stats)?

It doesn't exactly go down a specific path when it comes to classes... err... examples explain it better.

So if I handed you a hunter mag (varaha level 10) and you kept on feeding it up to whatever level, it would stay like that until its next evolution. Level 34, one monomate away and you fed it, it would be a force mag. Give it to a ranger and it becomes one from the ranger path. Hunter, hunter path etc.

At level 50+ you can be a bit more free with the changes.

I think that should cover.

lugard
Feb 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Jaspaller, that cleared up my final worries and confusion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif