PDA

View Full Version : Make up your mind!

Zorafim
Feb 15, 2008, 03:44 PM
Are you going to be cold, or be warm? Is it going to be sunny, or cloudy? Pick a temperature and stick with it! And for the love of the Sasquatch, would you stop going from cold to warm as soon as it rains? I want snow, damn it!

Yeah, the weather in my town is getting on my nerves...

darkante
Feb 15, 2008, 03:54 PM
I despise the the cold snowy weather we have here in the north.
It would maybe be fun if i were more into winter sports..but no for some reason i get bored of it.

I want summer weather... >.>

rogue_robot
Feb 15, 2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the weather's really pissing me off here in the Midwest USA, too. I go from heater, to air conditioner, back to heater, then to both all at once literally all in the span of one day.

(It doesn't help that the campus heaters are brokenly uncontrollable beyond any broken video game feature that anyone, anywhere, has ever seen. They just can't be controlled. You turn the valve one way? It gets hotter. You turn it the valve the other way? It gets hotter still. Leave it alone? It just doesn't stop getting hotter! I think the valve melted or something... hence the need for the air conditioners at the same time as the heaters when they decide to turn on the heaters while it's not even below 30 outside.)

raikomaru40
Feb 15, 2008, 04:37 PM
there'll be a 50% chance of sun, 50% chance of snow, same w/ warm and cold

Mystil
Feb 15, 2008, 05:41 PM
Yea yesterday it was mild here in Georgia, and today it's cold :/.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 15, 2008, 07:18 PM
Man, good to see I'm not the only one who hates this. Here in Miami, in the winter, it always alternates between cold and hot, and the weather won't make its mind. Gosh, I hate it.

Randomness
Feb 16, 2008, 12:05 AM
Up here, its only switching between cold, and bitterly cold, so its not much of an issue...

Zorafim
Feb 16, 2008, 03:10 AM
Miami Florida? Hey, it's a fellow cubano! That's where I lived until about two years ago.
It's strange going from two seasons (dry season and wet season) to four. This whole weather changing every three months thing takes some getting used to. At least in Miami, you knew it was going to be egg frying temperature outside.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 16, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah, that's for sure, it's always hot although the cold will come in during the Winter, and that's when it starts to alternate. And yeah, Miami Florida.

astuarlen
Feb 16, 2008, 11:06 AM
Agreed that the weather has been fickle where I am, but it is in northern Illinois (a fact which has made me question the sanity of the first settlers here many a time). I'm having a tough time sympathizing with folks in Florida who are, umm, "cold" (Miami's lowest temperature in February thus far? 58 F So sorry you might actually need a light windbreaker. Call me when the snot turns to ice in your nose as you step out the door. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif)

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2008, 12:12 PM
On 2008-02-16 08:06, astuarlen wrote:
Agreed that the weather has been fickle where I am, but it is in northern Illinois (a fact which has made me question the sanity of the first settlers here many a time). I'm having a tough time sympathizing with folks in Florida who are, umm, "cold" (Miami's lowest temperature in February thus far? 58 F So sorry you might actually need a light windbreaker. Call me when the snot turns to ice in your nose as you step out the door. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif)

Thank you. Couldn't have put it better.

Ma_Navu
Feb 16, 2008, 01:26 PM
Temperature difference in Hialeah ain't so big. It's either hot or hotter over here.

Lucky me, I'm inside most of the time, so I've never really been affected by any of that godforsaken heat.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 16, 2008, 04:48 PM
On 2008-02-16 09:12, AlexCraig wrote:

Thank you. Couldn't have put it better.

Some people aren't born as polar bears you know.

rogue_robot
Feb 16, 2008, 06:15 PM
...and for others around the world, 58 is bikini weather.

It really doesn't matter - the point is that weather patterns right now are being quite irritating, be it in Missouri, Illinois, Florida, or anywhere else in the States (and possibly Canada, Mexico, and other places 'round the globe).

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2008, 01:40 AM
It's strange, actually. When I lived in Florida, I shivered at 50 degree weather. Now that I'm constantly in near-freezing weather, I can go comfortably with three mild layers of clothing (one if inside without heat).

But back to the topic at hand, the other day, it was below freezing in the morning and rained heavily during the evening. Where in flying blue monkey hell is my puppy kicking snow?!

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 18, 2008, 11:51 AM

Psh, I freeze to death in 58 F, I've even caught a cold at 65 F. Guess I'm just too used to Florida weather. Although I'm not sure how I'll survive in Japan when I study there for the year.

astuarlen
Feb 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
On 2008-02-17 22:40, Zorafim wrote:
Where in flying blue monkey hell is my puppy kicking snow?!

There must be some way to exploit this desire for snow for economic gain.

Say, how much would you pay for a few cubic meters of snow, lightly used? Let me remind you that this is pure, white, American stuff--the real deal--never been peed on by the aforementioned puppies.

On 2008-02-18 08:51, Shiroryuu wrote:
Psh, I freeze to death in 58 F, I've even caught a cold at 65 F. Guess I'm just too used to Florida weather. Although I'm not sure how I'll survive in Japan when I study there for the year.

Cold weather doesn't give you a cold. But I would suggest putting on more clothes when you go to Japan. So easy a caveman can do it (and they did! Cavemen in Japan are exceedingly fond of sweaters, jackets, and other warmth-conserving wearables).

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dress in layers. Wear a T-shirt, then a long sleeve shirt, then a sweater, then a jacket, and then a coat. Take off a layer if it's too hot, put one on if it's too cold. That's how I got used to the temperature.

Fanin
Feb 18, 2008, 07:01 PM
Your description sounds like what's happening in my area. The temperature here has been going up and down for the last several days. First it was snowing, then adding rain to the mix. I found myself wearing winter coat for one day, and wearing 2 thin layers the next day.

Alamar
Feb 19, 2008, 03:19 AM
lol it was 46 one day then 21 and snow the next. I know what your talking about. So is Al Gore right?