PDA

View Full Version : Controllers for PC, and PSU breaking them.

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
Okay, this certainly can't be a coincidence. First I have a mad katz controller. Used it for TWO YEARS. Then I started playing PSU. The controller broke. Okay then. I got another controller, stopped playing PSU, and came back. Broke a week after. NOW... here I am again, with another controller that's breaking, and I'm left going WTF? The problem is it'll disconnect constantly, and eventually stop working altogether... That's all fine and dandy with PSU, since it reconnects, but most programs DON'T and it's a major pain in the ass. How can I fix this? =X And is anyone having the same problems?

EDIT: btw I got this controller abut 5 weeks ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-02-15 17:50 ]</font>

Bael
Feb 15, 2008, 09:23 PM
Oh, i'd love to help. so here is some advice and my opinions.

MadKats sucks at hardware. everything they make is BS. don't buy it even thought it cheap.

PC controllers are a hard thing to buy. most of them break really easy and have problems with games.

my advice is to go down to a target or walmart and pick out a 15$ (depends on where you live, Mine was 9.99) Logitech dual action mock PS2 controller. that's what i used for PSu and all my games, It works well with an windows XP OS (not sure about others) It's a USB type and very durable. I've had mine for almost 3 years, and it's fallen off the desk and been stepped on many many times... I love this thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

there you go. I can offer no more help.

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 09:24 PM
That's what I got now, and that's what's BREAKING. >_<; I swear, this has got to be more than a coincidence. 3 computers, 3 controllers, and they all break WHILE I'm playing PSU. =/

YUKI_N
Feb 15, 2008, 09:27 PM
Logitech Rumblepad 2 is great

Bael
Feb 15, 2008, 09:28 PM
oh, I see. well then. I'm sorry I couldn't help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bael on 2008-02-15 18:28 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Feb 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
Had the same problem with my Nyko Air Flow too, actually. Every now and then my character would stop responding, I'd hear the Windows' USB connect/disconnect sound, then it would start working again. Sound familiar?

I've had my new Logitech Chillstream since the end of Winter Festa Break whosawhatsit, and no problems since. I would actually consider it being your USB in port, but I know next to nothing about hardware, so I should probably just keep my mouth shut. >_>

Weeaboolits
Feb 15, 2008, 09:48 PM
Get an adapter to use a PS2 controller.

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 09:49 PM
Oh, yeah, I had an airflow and moved onto a chillstream too, having the EXACT same problem. Now I have like... a Dual Action rumble thing... and that's breaking too... I don't get it. I checked it though, it doesn't seem to be the USB port... =/

icewyrm
Feb 15, 2008, 09:53 PM
Switch to keybaord?
o_O
O_o

SATatami
Feb 15, 2008, 09:58 PM
On 2008-02-15 18:53, icewyrm wrote:
Switch to keybaord?
o_O
O_o

I can't aim attacks worth a crap on KB, making the gunner class impossible for me to play. =X

cApNhOwDy
Feb 15, 2008, 10:01 PM
On 2008-02-15 18:48, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Get an adapter to use a PS2 controller.

I second that motion. My PSone controller has held out on me for my PC/Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 gaming needs for longer than I can count.

Billy960
Feb 15, 2008, 10:07 PM
I find it surprising that you would get several Logitech that all break since Logitech is know for their quality. Unfortunately without being able to actually see the PC it can be hard to diagnose the problem. I would say try using the controller on a different PC and see if it does the same thing. If it works fine on another PC use a different USB port. If its still an issue no matter which port you use then try using a different device (printer or something) and see if that has similar problems. If it doesn't then I would say there is some type of software/hardware conflict with that game pad.

As for other controllers to use you could try a 360 controller. I know several people who use them without any problems but then again I know people who use the same controller as you without problems lol.

Randomness
Feb 16, 2008, 12:02 AM
On 2008-02-15 18:58, SATatami wrote:

On 2008-02-15 18:53, icewyrm wrote:
Switch to keybaord?
o_O
O_o

I can't aim attacks worth a crap on KB, making the gunner class impossible for me to play. =X

You don't need to aim really, you just face one direction and align your shots by strafing.

Krltplps
Feb 16, 2008, 12:07 AM
I've had the same Nyko Air-Flo since long before buying PSU, used it in my MAME days. Still works.

If anything I'd say the voltage out of your USB ports is screwing something up, not the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krltplps on 2008-02-15 21:08 ]</font>