PDA

View Full Version : your name

-stryder-
Jan 16, 2003, 03:38 PM
so do you use the same name for all your game or do you change? and is your name your gaming name or your alias that you use for everything? just wondering.

i use my name for everything it's kind of my alias i guess. but i usualy dont use the dashes but the name was taken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -stryder- on 2003-01-20 12:13 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jan 16, 2003, 05:36 PM
Heh, got a bit confused there. Alias is the word your looking for, just thought i would say before anyone bitched at you for putting the wrong thing in.

I dont use Deathscythealpha for anything but PSOW, cause its way to young and makes me still look like a total Gundam Wing fan boy (i still like Gundam Wing though). If im playing SOF2 or siging up for other things, i usually use Cinos as my alias, taken from an old Sonic the Hedgehog novel (Cinos is the result of Sonic being zapped by Chaos Emerald energy instead of DR Kintobor(who was turned into Dr Robotnik when zapped by emerald energy)).

If im playing on an RPG (ie. Neverwinter Nights) i normally use my character from my fan fics name, Deuce.

ImStillBetterThanU
Jan 16, 2003, 06:43 PM
I usually use Nick, unless I'm playing something like Zelda, in which I would use Link.

rena-ko
Jan 16, 2003, 07:07 PM
i use what comes into my mind all of a sudden... this is not always good, nameing the hero of ps2 'myu' wasnt a that great idea ^-^;

but mostly i use presets...

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Jan 16, 2003, 07:15 PM
I only use Presets if they are cool. Alice is not cool, Amelia is.

I don't use Black Canary for anything but PSOW (and PSO DC) because I found it is a lame comic book hero.

I like "Human Head" because it is the best name for any situation.

Guile
Jan 17, 2003, 12:17 AM
If I play a game where the person already has a main name, I will use that (like Link for Zelda games)

but on others I usually have many diff names

SorceressofTime
Jan 17, 2003, 06:43 AM
usually i use SorceressofTime for my nick but sometimes i change it to Aeris, or whatever nickname that comes to my head.

Sunaj
Jan 17, 2003, 06:53 AM
Hell yes I use Sunaj everywhere, except for PSO oddly. Sunaj was a fomar until i realized i didnt want to play a Magic user with like the lowest TP or MST.

Sunaj is most used and it helps with user ids and passwords. However since I ripped off
paid HOMAGE to character designs from other stuff mainly, I use those names now. Sorta.

CajunSamurai
Jan 17, 2003, 06:57 AM
Depends... For first person shooters, I'm either CajunSamurai, although I'll often add my "clan" tag to my name, making it [FB]CajunSamurai. Occasionally I'll change my name to Super Bubba, when I want to fool around or am not feeling particularly competitive. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Ultra Bubba or Omega Bubba work quite well, too. My skin is always the funniest looking one I can find when using the Bubba monicker, such as Biker in Quake 3 Arena.

For RPG's, I'll sometimes create a CajunSamurai as my first character, but more often than not I'll go with another name, usually an original creation but sometimes basing it off an existing character, such as Kirika and Chloe from Noir, and Ghaleon from LUNAR.
Often, CajunSamurai is my more "heroic" character, the Paladin of the bunch...
Bebop is another recurring character I like to use, who began as my HUcast in PSO V1. He's often the big, dumb, "MEAT!" guy.
And then there's Kabuki, my FOnewearl from PSO V1: often a short, black-garbed firestarting lass you DON'T wanna mess with.

Phobos-X
Jan 17, 2003, 08:41 AM
for FPS ill mainly use PHOBOS, any other game ill use my nickname "Shaolin" but for PSO, the name will vary to whatever section id i want for a specific character

Sedyne
Jan 17, 2003, 09:44 AM
I just use X930 at the end of any name i choose. Sort of a trademark I suppose..X930 is sort of a personal thing though, as for it stands for the date of a special day for me.(not my birthday) 9/30

Trentdaddy
Jan 17, 2003, 10:08 AM
Some guy in 7th grade called me Trentdaddy and i got hooked to it.

Nidarrock
Jan 17, 2003, 12:06 PM
I use Nidarrock for practically everything: forums, Xbox Live, Online RPGs. Unless the name just does not fit or the main character's name is already there,(Final Fantasy series). In PSO one of my characters will always be Nidarrock. So if you see Nidarrock somewhere else it's a very, very high probability it's me.

RavenTW
Jan 17, 2003, 12:25 PM
RavenTW was actually the name I used back during Earth and Beyond testing. I don't use it anymore except for PSOW.

Which reminds me, how the heck can I get my name changed?

Hiirigazawa
Jan 17, 2003, 01:43 PM
My name... Confuses most people.

They ask me what it means, or how to say it. I don't know.

I just like having an odd name.

IceBlink
Jan 17, 2003, 02:26 PM
"IceBlink" was born when I first started PSO. My friend was planning to make a website called "Iceblink Productions" or something like that, plus, he suggested me to listen to the song "Iceblink Luck". So, I nabbed that, and also used it for this forum, and it's stuck since.

Before, I used the name "Serafita", which I still do, for anime forums and stuff. o_O

OracleDDX
Jan 17, 2003, 03:22 PM
I origonally used my real name but then because of some things that happened i begain using Oracle which was my 2nd or 3rd PSO character then OracleDDX because their were some poser Oracles but im the origonal now i use it for everything.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 17, 2003, 04:26 PM
On 2003-01-17 09:25, RavenTW wrote:

Which reminds me, how the heck can I get my name changed?

PM a mod, if they like ya they may change it for ya.

UnknownHunter01
Jan 17, 2003, 04:33 PM
My charecter's name is KillerDragon I used it for dream cast version which pisses me off.
( so damn hard) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif any ways I just made up a new name for psow.

RuneLateralus
Jan 17, 2003, 05:04 PM
RuneLateralus is my online idenity. It is the name I go by on all forums. I rarely would use anything else.

For games, I would use it only for online games, and for only some characters. I only got one PSO chatacter named RuneLateral (couldn't fit the -us) and my RO character is named that as well. But my main PSO character is named MAYA and my UO character is named Terra, so it depends.

For offline games, I just use Mike, unless it is Zelda.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 17, 2003, 07:55 PM
I use Frosty or FZA/namehere for most of my characters. The FZA came from my love of Wu-Tang, and Frosty came from my first online friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2003-01-17 16:56 ]</font>

Ian D
Jan 17, 2003, 10:54 PM
Eh, I just use my real name since I am boring.
(I'm just Ian on PSO and most games, but since Ian is already taken on the forums I had to add the "D.")

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian D on 2003-01-17 19:55 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Jan 18, 2003, 02:07 AM
Vitamin D became my online identity as soon as people started calling me it IRL...kinda strange. And it happend shortly before I got PSO. Since then, Vitamin D has been the name used on every forum I go to. The one, the only.

CajunSamurai
Jan 18, 2003, 05:01 AM
"IceBlink" was born when I first started PSO. My friend was planning to make a website called "Iceblink Productions" or something like that, plus, he suggested me to listen to the song "Iceblink Luck". So, I nabbed that, and also used it for this forum, and it's stuck since.Heh, I thought it was after the Ken Ishii song "Iceblink".

Naming characters after songs definitely works; T'raenon is a Photek song. Whoo!

keichishoshuko
Jan 18, 2003, 12:17 PM
HEH, I used this name for everything, yeah , everything, unless you really can't change it, HEY! and yeah, http://www.FUNGINATION.COM has me on it if you guys wanna see. and I also made my own comic with the main charater with the same name.. -_-x GAWD i need to make my website ... (lazy bum That it is...)

Ness
Jan 18, 2003, 12:24 PM
I use Ness, Zell Noteema, and Zip Shot Z.

BlackRose
Jan 18, 2003, 10:31 PM
Mostly, I've started using my real name... but if I use an alias or my name is already taken, i'll tack on "L3XV," a shortened typing of my birthyear.

The alias I usually use is Vulcan, the roman god of metalworking.

ABDUR101
Jan 18, 2003, 10:49 PM
ABDUR101, aka Abdur, aka abdur, aka AR101, aka AbdurNur.

Abdur means "Slave". It's my real name, but it fits very well when you use it as is.

Dabra
Jan 19, 2003, 12:34 AM
Plain old dabra. Though I plan to change when i get to starwars galaxies.