PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: The Frozen Shooter

PhoenixDragon
Feb 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
ARGHH!!!

No matter how many times I do the Forest of Sorrow quest, I can't run across a Hildetorr! I want the Frozen Shooter so bad! Crap, crap, crap!

I'm a Yellowboze by the way, so it is possible.

Anyone have any strategy for how to come close to fighting one? Thanks in advance for whoever responds.

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2008, 12:30 PM
Keep trying. Keep doing runs. Never lose hope. Really, that is the only way. I know it is difficult, but you gotta hang in there.

Ragrappy99
Feb 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
I tried to find one by piping at the end of that quest, just after you find the wounded baby. I came across one fairly quick. But died.

Ah well, I got my brothers Frozen Shooter now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2008, 01:17 PM
I would recommend against piping to anyone. I would hate to see somone else's GC crap out on them.

As I stated in many other threads, just quit the mission after you kill the last hilde and restart it. You get everything you found in that run and you can just keep trying. Trust me, it works. I still haven't decided to completely finish ulty Fake in Yellow. Got me several Red Handguns and an Aura Field (I think it was) in that mission.

DC_PLAYER
Feb 16, 2008, 01:20 PM
theres an online quest with 1 hildetorr at the end, it will always apear.

Banish
Feb 16, 2008, 02:12 PM
I am a YELLOWBOZE Hunter also, and I just have horrible luck when it comes to 1/2 drops... I have found 4 Hildetorrs by now and they don't drop the rare at all.

I guess you just have to keep on trying in this ridiculous sequence to get what you want.

Try casting Jellen on a Hildetorr, and then bombard it with Grants. beware, they shoot megid, so have a Scape doll in yoru inventory in case you die.

Good luck finding one, they are the rarest creature in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2008-02-16 11:26 ]</font>

KaneKahn
Feb 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
On 2008-02-16 09:22, PhoenixDragon wrote:
ARGHH!!!

No matter how many times I do the Forest of Sorrow quest, I can't run across a Hildetorr! I want the Frozen Shooter so bad! Crap, crap, crap!

I'm a Yellowboze by the way, so it is possible.

Anyone have any strategy for how to come close to fighting one? Thanks in advance for whoever responds.

Telepipe trick?

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2008, 05:23 PM
I reiterate, not a good idea. Wouldn't want to damage the 'cube.

kizu
Feb 16, 2008, 06:52 PM
just run a quest that you know has lots of hildelts (forest of sorrow or fire swirl is all i can think off.) Don't spam piping unless you either have a Wii (if you do, keep it at a bare minimum) or lots of GCs (unlikely) bring scapes with you at all times. You should find the Shooter soon.

UnNegi
Feb 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
how does Piping affect a GC?

And also, does anyone know the affect of it on an Xbox?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UnNegi on 2008-02-16 16:57 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2008, 07:58 PM
It wears out the lens inside the 'cube. Thus it will perminently mess up the GC or Wii.

UnNegi
Feb 16, 2008, 08:08 PM
Isee.

Could I assume the same for the XboX?

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2008, 08:28 PM
I don't know, but Jasp might.

concussionman
Feb 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
Just continue doing FOS runs and eventually you'll run into one. I've met 6 already, and gotten a few rares from them so, it just takes patience.

Jaspaller
Feb 16, 2008, 11:55 PM
Well yeah, of course it will affect the xbox as well. The xbox uses a lens too lol. My xbox has been in perfect shape though. I've only had the xbox give me the disc cannot be read error once and that was last year. Probably due to being a little dusty.

Out_Kast
Feb 17, 2008, 02:55 PM
It took me what felt like years to get my first FS.
Then I got one with 40% Hit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Just keep doing runs. It's the easiest way, no doubt about it.

DoubleJG
Feb 17, 2008, 10:26 PM
Frozen Shooter, no thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Just keep running FoS though and you'll eventually find one. Also, try piping in the room with the most Hilde's (I think it's 3?).

concussionman
Feb 18, 2008, 01:49 AM
I've found that piping, over the years, is very inefficient. The few times that I did pipe, it took hours of play time, and most of the rare enemies didn't even drop the rares. I figured that it was better to just do runs, at least then I had the chance for other rares, and was gaining experience at the same time.

PhoenixDragon
Feb 18, 2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I guess I'll keep trying and trying again. -__-

I really wanted the Angel Harp the most, but since that's not a weapon I have access to, I can be content with the Frozen Shooter in my King's Laser/Crush Bullet arsenal.

concussionman
Feb 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
Frozen shooter is much better than Angel Harp IMO.

Jaspaller
Feb 18, 2008, 12:58 PM
Werd. Angel Harp is more of a trophy weapon like the Orotiagito IMO.

TheStoicOne
Feb 18, 2008, 01:59 PM
what do you guys think about angel harp ona foney? :?

concussionman
Feb 18, 2008, 06:26 PM
Not really worth it, the amount of damage that you do comparable to the techs that you have is saddening. Other than the animation, its just another space filler.

Splash
Feb 18, 2008, 09:32 PM
lolz damage. Angel Harp is probably the best alternative ranged weapon for a female character, especially on a melee Force. It makes a unique weapon as opposed to the overused Holy Rays there are.

On Blue Burst, with Sweetheart equipped, the Rifle pretty much is the best rifle for a female Force.

concussionman
Feb 18, 2008, 11:27 PM
The damage of the Angel Harp is significant for a rifle, but for a foney, the character with the most MST and lowest ATP in the game, it would seem an odd choice to melee with.

Splash
Feb 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
That doesn't mean pulling off a successful melee FOnewearl is not possible. Anyone who is fully capable of making a FOney melee especially on Ultimate is well beyond the skill level.

Thus, Angel Harp works well with conjunction of a melee FOney.

concussionman
Feb 19, 2008, 12:17 AM
Touche

But I'd still prefer to melee with someone with a bit more ATP. I just find that it makes it more enjoyable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: concussionman on 2008-02-18 21:19 ]</font>