PDA

View Full Version : Dark Bridge vs Psycho Wand

Elusive_Llama
Jan 16, 2003, 04:33 PM
Why would you want a Dark Bridge when a Psycho Wand not only adds MST but also decreases tp costs by 50%? Anybody care to shed some light here?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 16, 2003, 04:47 PM
Odd, I have a Psycho and I didn't know it incresed mst. I'll check when I get home. But Dark looks the tightest out of both of them, mos def.

DeathCheese87
Jan 16, 2003, 05:45 PM
doesnt the bridge make megid penetrate? so if you had a high lvl megid, who cares about 50% less mst when you can kill 1 or more enemy with the bridge?

dj_dan
Jan 17, 2003, 01:29 AM
Elusive,
you are commenting on something that you do not know about.

The Dark Bridge reduces tp comsumption of techs at a rate equal to the Psycho Wand.

I'll break it down for you.

Psycho Wand:

Boosts RA-techs
Halves tp consumption but eats up hp equal to casting cost.
Casts Zonde/Barta/Foie for special attack.

Dark Bridge:

Boosts Grants (boost is equal to Cadeceus's boost)
Boosts Megid (will also make Megid penetrate for non FOnewearls)
Halves tp consumption, and eats up less hp than psycho wand.
No special attack, but this weapon will randomly cast Paralysis/Confusion/Freeze on your character from time to time.

All in all, the Dark Bridge is an amazing weapon for either FOmarls or FOnewearls.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 17, 2003, 02:07 AM
Mmmm...that sounds very delectable indeed. Boosting Grants and making Megid penetrate? Cutting TP costs in half and using up less hp than psychowand? Getting frozen/confused/whatever is a small price to pay...

dj_dan
Jan 17, 2003, 02:13 AM
Damn rights!

Most people just think all the *Dark* weapons are crap, but this one is definitely not.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 17, 2003, 08:06 PM
Actually, all of the dark weapons are crap, except for this one.

VulpesMundi
Jan 17, 2003, 08:30 PM
The Psycho Wand adds 50 DFP, not MST.

If I had to choose between the two I'd probably stick with the Psycho Wand. For one, a 30% boost to Ra-class techs is quite a bonus, and if you wear a proper Merge shield you'll get another 20 or 30% boost on top of that. Grants is kinda slow and only hits one target. I prefer hitting a room full of critters simultaneously. Not to mention that there are few critters where Grants is necessary (Gran Sorcerors in the Ultimate Ruins are the only one that I can currently think of). Megid is worthless, especially in Ultimate. Using the Ra-class techs a force can kill an entire room full of critters in the time it takes to get Megid to kill one or two critters. Both weapons steal HP to reduce TP cost, but the Dark Bridge randomly causes status ailments. The 50 extra defense from the Psycho Wand is quite useful for a force since they have fairly low DFP and HP. The choice seems pretty clear to me.

BrokenHope
Jan 18, 2003, 08:35 AM
On 2003-01-17 17:30, VulpesMundi wrote:

If I had to choose between the two I'd probably stick with the Psycho Wand. For one, a 30% boost to Ra-class techs is quite a bonus, and if you wear a proper Merge shield you'll get another 20 or 30% boost on top of that. Grants is kinda slow and only hits one target. I prefer hitting a room full of critters simultaneously. Not to mention that there are few critters where Grants is necessary (Gran Sorcerors in the Ultimate Ruins are the only one that I can currently think of). Megid is worthless, especially in Ultimate. Using the Ra-class techs a force can kill an entire room full of critters in the time it takes to get Megid to kill one or two critters. Both weapons steal HP to reduce TP cost, but the Dark Bridge randomly causes status ailments. The 50 extra defense from the Psycho Wand is quite useful for a force since they have fairly low DFP and HP. The choice seems pretty clear to me.

Megid is useless in ultimate? O_o ep 1 maybe but defiantly not ep 2.

dj_dan
Jan 18, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-01-18 05:35, Broken Hope wrote:

On 2003-01-17 17:30, VulpesMundi wrote:

Megid is useless in ultimate? O_o ep 1 maybe but defiantly not ep 2.

That's right broken hope.

VuplesMundi, I agree with what you're saying, but for ep2, I'll stick with megid and grants.

Gee's drop like... well, they drop like flies with Megid thanks to little dark resistance. Those stupid Gibbons take a huge beating from my FOmarl (retired on import) with Grants.

I dunno, different strokes for different folks </cliche>

In any case, at least it's nice to have a little variety!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-01-18 19:42 ]</font>