PDA

View Full Version : odd question but bare with me

destos
Feb 18, 2008, 09:57 PM
ok....well i really like the pso storyline cause it just seems like it came from a really great novel....and so i was wondering does any1 else think it would be sweet if they made a pso movie?....ya i know this question is odd and i just want opinions.

Freeze
Feb 18, 2008, 10:36 PM
Actually I have thought the same thing many times. The only down side to this idea is the video game to movie track record is not very good and chances are they would screw it up like all the rest, which would be worse than not making one at all.

AlexCraig
Feb 18, 2008, 10:53 PM
To be honest, I am striving to become a manga artist or an animator. I have more than often thought of how awesome it would be for my, my brother's, and my friends' characters to be in an anime of PSO. And often have I found music that I tought would be great for an animated PSO series.

concussionman
Feb 18, 2008, 11:25 PM
I think that a PSO mini series would be better set for the Phantasy Star series. Simply that it is short enough that it doesn't stray from the core of the story, but also has enough time to set up character backgrounds, relationships and the history of the system.

stevieWonderz
Feb 19, 2008, 12:00 AM
British comedic chase music would be nice for a pso cartoon (THE BUGLE!!!)

strikershadow
Feb 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
i always thought it would be cool to get 3 other people, and play with from start to end and kinda role play the characters and write short stories http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PSO story line really did suck, all there was was the principle telling you to find out what happened, and then those disks that told bits and pieces... i thought it would be kinda cool to RP a few chars, look at the disks. have discussions and stuff like that...

OR

a movie bout red ring rico (or whatever her name was) up to her tragic death http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.... including pioneer 1 and what happened http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DC_PLAYER
Feb 19, 2008, 10:28 AM
yeah, i always tought about that, something like the revenge of dark falz, where dark falz takes the life out of the dragon and worm and somehow enters pionner 2.......that would be good for a change.

stevieWonderz
Feb 19, 2008, 02:10 PM
roflmao dark falz takes over the position of principal. LoL

DC_PLAYER
Feb 19, 2008, 02:24 PM
a fight inside pionner 2, that would rock, all the hunters vs dark falz

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
Imagine the dramatic music that would have to play.

raikomaru40
Feb 19, 2008, 02:27 PM
a movie would be awesome! it could be like starship troopers, w/ tons of hunters vs the creatures of ragol, only the hunters could actually jump and do cool air combos

DC_PLAYER
Feb 19, 2008, 02:31 PM
dude, that movie is awsome, i love it.
making pso similar to that would rock.
not to mention futuristic special effects

destos
Feb 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
its good to know im not the only one who was thinking this =D......i thought i was gonna be labled a freak for posting this =P

TheStoicOne
Feb 19, 2008, 08:24 PM
gamers area forgiving bunch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Larusu
Feb 19, 2008, 10:51 PM
It would be best to use canon characters only, though.

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, but in PSO, the canon characters were all side characters, not mains. In the end, it will come down to "someone" did go to Ragol and kill Dark Falz and Olga Flow and the rest didn't. That is the one harboring fact that is keeping this from actually becoming something (fanmade) awesome.

Larusu
Feb 19, 2008, 11:10 PM
So we make the canons more important. As for the one person, I think we could do with Ash what Sega did with Ethan.
....minus the lameness. :/

AlexCraig
Feb 19, 2008, 11:16 PM
Meh. I would much rather see a PC (ANY PC) over a game NPC.

Larusu
Feb 19, 2008, 11:49 PM
True. Maybe a completely original character made just for the project. I just wouldn't want to see whoever was making the game slap their own character in, then Mary Sueify them.

AlexCraig
Feb 20, 2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah

Still, in my comics/manga, I'm putting my characters in ;]

stevieWonderz
Feb 20, 2008, 01:34 AM
we can use an android that shoots megid and @ lvl one he uses a double cannon, which he got from his bastard robot father. To restore his families honor he must find an item from dark falz that can kill olga flow, get olga's DNA make dark flow, then have one of those cheezy star wars ending where all the ewoks come out and roast marshmellows.... hows bout it?

AlexCraig
Feb 20, 2008, 01:51 AM
Mm... don't think so...

stevieWonderz
Feb 20, 2008, 02:32 AM
my bad, he uses dark flow to blow up deathstar, then ewoks, my bad alexcraig.

strikershadow
Feb 20, 2008, 07:47 AM
What i meant was get a "group" of people. LOL. so it wouldnt be just one PC. a group of people and actually play the game. and what i was going to do what write down everything everyone said. and make it up into short stories.

but now im thinking of making PSU movies, and using Vent for the chat LOL i dunno

destos
Feb 20, 2008, 03:59 PM
acctually....i always try to think ahead and so i thought we follow the storyline and have 4 characters trying to figure out what happened one force one hunter one ranger and one android(not sure what class android though) and then before they face the boss they do some of the quests that are important to the story line. like forest of sorrows.. but im not talking about a fan film...i ment multi million dollar screen play........

TheStoicOne
Feb 20, 2008, 04:10 PM
And mags could be created like the animal demons in that movie
Golden compass.

Nai_Calus
Feb 20, 2008, 04:13 PM
Make a movie about Calus and Elly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

...If they did it right and ditched SotH's amazingly awkward translation job it could actually make for a really interesting cerebral sci-fi movie examining the issues inherent in the concept of love developing between a fleshsack and a sufficiently advanced AI. It'd be awesome, done right.

GuardianElite
Feb 21, 2008, 05:28 AM
On 2008-02-18 19:53, AlexCraig wrote:
To be honest, I am striving to become a manga artist or an animator. I have more than often thought of how awesome it would be for my, my brother's, and my friends' characters to be in an anime of PSO. And often have I found music that I tought would be great for an animated PSO series.

Too bad you have copyright issues..

strikershadow
Feb 21, 2008, 07:09 AM
Copyright issues, well he could make a free movie and put it on youtube or even a site. a multimillion dollar movie would be cool but sega wont do it. remember sega doesnt like money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheStoicOne
Feb 22, 2008, 02:11 AM
On 2008-02-18 19:53, AlexCraig wrote:

on the topic of manga style pso related stuff,
I saw this and immediately thought of this thread. the illustrations are amazing, just have NO idea what language it is.
http://my.opera.com/buxiaoluan/albums/show.dml?id=86698

TheStoicOne
Feb 22, 2008, 02:15 AM
The drawings are so good, I wish I knew what they said xD