PDA

View Full Version : So thats how the NFL saves face !

eXo
Feb 20, 2008, 01:50 AM
Members of Buena Vista soccer team wear donated T-shirts hailing the New England Patriots as 'Super Bowl Champions, 19-0'' in San Gregorio, south of Managua , Thursday, Feb. 14, 2008. The NFL donated to impoverished children hats and clothing that had been prepared in advance in case the Patriots had won, but the Patriots lost the Feb. 3 game to the New York Giants 17-14.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/DarkAsylum2k8/patshirts.jpg

V/r,

XO

LCDR Darkasylum

Executive Officer

USS FT MCHENRY (LSD 43)

[email protected].(smil).mil

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2008-02-19 22:51 ]</font>

BlaizeYES
Feb 20, 2008, 02:14 AM
lol i read the headline somewhere else. it was about how the patriots won the superbowl there. intrigued, i read the article. what a cunning move of trickery

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2008, 02:18 AM
why let them go to waste? Seems like a good thing to do with them.

BlaizeYES
Feb 20, 2008, 02:38 AM
i would say give it to them if it was for "america's team" or another noteable franchise. but you're giving these children shirts from a tainted franchise. i'm still upset that they were debating calling the patriots "the new america's team." cowboys have shown great success through multiple points of NFL history, and they would take that away from them because of an arrogant franchise lead by a bastard of a coach? i think not.

but anyway, maybe they should send them the paperback copies of that book "19-0" for firewood to people who need the warmth in gulags north of moscow

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2008, 03:06 AM
I don't follow nor care for football, but peeps got free shirts, HEL YEH.

KaneKahn
Feb 20, 2008, 04:54 AM
They do that every year, print/make up all NFL Apparel in both teams of the Super Bowl, that way you can buy asap whichever team wins. It isn't cunning or trickery, it is smarts. Those kids are probably glad they have clothing, who cares what it says.

AC9breaker
Feb 20, 2008, 08:09 AM
I'm sure those shirts would catch a pretty penny on E-Bay. If those chicks had any brains they'd totally be hawking that shit. Maybe then they could finallly afford the money needed for the Surgery to fix the girls Unibrow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif!

I remember hearing the Patriots had a book published too. But its in the process of being bauried in the Navada Desert next to E.T. The atari game and The O.J. Simpson RL story of how he killed his wife.

eXo
Feb 20, 2008, 10:21 AM
On 2008-02-19 23:38, BlaizeYES wrote:
i would say give it to them if it was for "america's team" or another noteable franchise. but you're giving these children shirts from a tainted franchise. i'm still upset that they were debating calling the patriots "the new america's team." cowboys have shown great success through multiple points of NFL history, and they would take that away from them because of an arrogant franchise lead by a bastard of a coach? i think not.

but anyway, maybe they should send them the paperback copies of that book "19-0" for firewood to people who need the warmth in gulags north of moscow

The patriots are americas new team, they are much much MUCH more marketable then dallas the players are way more classy , plus what says america better then patriots?

BlaizeYES
Feb 20, 2008, 11:27 AM
lol... "classy." i bet. patriots are far from classy. the patriots were nobodies up until the 2000s. someone who just started watching football or a kid who will jump on any sports bandwagon because they think they're "informed" by a few "pursuit of perfection" specials on espn would easily say "patriots are america's team."

and classy? dallas cowboys are known for classy. if i remember correctly, the cowboys are celebrities in dallas and were known a few years back for buying a place together in texas to throw parties and many were known to go on coke binges. THAT is class.

and what doesnt say "america" like a cowboy? i'm sure the likes of toby keith would have something to say about the patriots being given the title. CAUSE WE'LL PUT A BOOT IN YOUR ASS, IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY

AC9breaker
Feb 22, 2008, 12:33 AM
Well isn't that why the Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving; becuase they are America's team. But I'm pretty sure that title was self appointed and besides the Cowboys may have been classy back in the days of their dynasty. But I think that all went down the drain the day they picked up T.O. Tony Romo isn't exactly the poster boy for quarter backs either. I thought it was pretty disrespectful to the team and to their opponents for him to be fucking going around wherever the hell he pleases especially before a fucking Playoff game. Plus something about Jerry Jones pisses me off. I think its that toupee he wears.

BlaizeYES
Feb 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
lol. tony romo IS the posterboy quarterback, he's got a little bit of the classic quarterbacks from the 70s in him, except his personal life gets covered much more. ROGER STAUBACH THE SECOND. TO for the most part has been kept in check rather well on the cowboys. i still think he was a good addition, but you still have to watch him because you don't really know if he's going to bounce back into character sooner or later

and lions play on thanksgiving, too. they are AMERICA'S DUMPSTER

Jehosaphaty
Feb 22, 2008, 01:09 PM
I don't want any of it: players, coaches, team organizations, owners, standing for "America" because when you lump the collective lot of them together you get a product that's covered in poo. Sure, there are many upstanding guys around the league, but considering any of the franchises to be "more representative of America" than any of the others is lame. Just like I wouldn't want the Bush Administration being representative of how I'd like to view my America, neither do I want a fucking football team.

CelestialBlade
Feb 22, 2008, 01:47 PM
I bet they made those same kids manufacture them.

BlaizeYES
Feb 22, 2008, 04:23 PM
On 2008-02-22 10:47, Typheros wrote:
I bet they made those same kids manufacture them.

lol.

and its just a team that everyone can love as a whole. its america's team, because many people, regardless of area, just love them damn cowboys. i dont like thinking that baseball is "america's game," because i hate baseball, but its something that you cant change. 50 years ago, everyone was all about the sport

eXo
Feb 23, 2008, 04:14 AM
I hate the cowboys and everything about them always did, and always will same goes for the over hyped 49ers. in my opinion with the way that the NFL is set up now for a team to continuously play amd achieve what the patriots have done by far exceeds that one the cowboys & 49ers of the 90's where every year it was like the same 4 teams and you already knew who was going to the bowl during the preseason.