PDA

View Full Version : I got kicked out today

elainesangel9
Feb 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
did I ruin my life?
im a 17 year old male, I have a nice job, a wonderful gf, two of the best friends Ive ever had and a good place to live. i live with all three of them. I got kicked out like 10 min ago. I fought for months with everyone i my family to get out.(laws suk eh?) so was it good idea?

Saner
Feb 20, 2008, 02:07 PM
uh so your friends kicked you out? or your family?

elainesangel9
Feb 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
oh sorry for not being clear, my family kikde me out, i feel bad though. My dad is an alchoholic and now hes all alone. my sis is a bitch who doesnt care about anything but getting laid, so she wont take care of him, and his recent divorce doesnt help either. but i need to be with my gf, shes in the same whole as me and she has no job. I have to take care of her, but im also concerned for my father.

Dangerous55
Feb 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
So you already dropped out of High school in the past?

elainesangel9
Feb 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
NO! im in school at this very moment, I go to school then straight to work, then home,
I have 3 months left of it, (no time for psu *cries*)

SubstanceD
Feb 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
Wow man.

To be honest with you I have never come across a situation like yours before so I can't say for certain whether you made a mistake or not. It's never a good idea to burn bridges, especially with family. At the same time however I don't think I would have been able to put up withthe stuff your family has been going through. It seems as if you have enough on your plate with school and job and your only 17. On the postive side, you have good friends and a place to stay so at least you know you are going to be okay. You don't have to move back home but if I were you I would at least try to make amends with the family, let them know that you can still help them outwith thier crap but at the same they can't take advantage of you or make you miserable.

elainesangel9
Feb 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
On 2008-02-20 11:46, SubstanceD wrote:
Wow man.

To be honest with you I have never come across a situation like yours before so I can't say for certain whether you made a mistake or not. It's never a good idea to burn bridges, especially with family. At the same time however I don't think I would have been able to put up withthe stuff your family has been going through. It seems as if you have enough on your plate with school and job and your only 17. On the postive side, you have good friends and a place to stay so at least you know you are going to be okay. You don't have to move back home but if I were you I would at least try to make amends with the family, let them know that you can still help them outwith thier crap but at the same they can't take advantage of you or make you miserable.

its not as hard as your making it seem lol, im just worried about my dad killing himself or something, you know? its depressing for him.

ABDUR101
Feb 20, 2008, 03:13 PM
You're the one not being clear. Rather than come here and spout gibberish, type everything out and explain everything, then people don't have to try and fill the gaps. Every topic you've made, you've left enormous gaps in what you're talking about, its annoying when someone asks for help and leaves you to fill in the blanks.

You're the one that said you were kicked out, then you say "Did I make a mistake?". How? By being kicked out? WERE you kicked out or did you MOVE out? If you were kicked out, odds are it was by your dad, and odds are he had his reasons for getting you out of the house. If he only said something out of anger, you should be talking to him, not us.

You're 17, you goto school and you work, thats good. Now how about having your 'awesome girlfriend' get her ass out and get a job too. And if you're worried about your dad, do something about it. You're allowed to stop in and visit him, go do things with him, etc. Just because you don't live at home doesn't mean you can't call or spend time with him.

And through your dad going through a divorce, you working, going to school, paying rent, supporting you and your girlfriend, you still bring up not being able to play PSU? Priorities?

Not sure why you were fighting to move out, if your family wanted you to stay home it was because they cared and did'nt want to just put you out too soon. So you fighting with them about it most likely caused undue stress on an unnecessary situation. Considering your dad is going through a divorce I'm sure he really wanted his son to leave him too, and fighting with him(and whoever else) about it prolly did'nt help.

I think you need to stop trying to be so 'independent' and start putting effort into keeping good relations that matter. Don't fuck around with family, and who cares about your slutty sister. She needs to grow up too. It only takes a moment to burn a bridge, but it takes alot of effort to have it rebuilt. You think about that.

elainesangel9
Feb 20, 2008, 03:21 PM
yea, im really unclear, i do ned to fill in gaps.
ok, i was kikced out, Im not allowed to come back....ah screw this lol, id have to type my lifes story to explain it, and this being a random internet forum, its not too important, anyway, this isnt really asking for info, this me just being bored on a PC at school

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 20, 2008, 04:17 PM
Don't worry too much about going through hardships. The interesting thing about hardships, is that you tend to survive them. Just keep your head above water, and ultimately you'll be a better, stronger person for it all. Truth be told, getting kicked out into the world at 17 is likely to be far better for you than being coddled into your 30's.

Saner
Feb 20, 2008, 04:27 PM
if someone kicks someone out, and the kicker are alcoholic and everything,
it's best to let it go, you still have friends and stuff. Relations don't
determine how much respect and care they deserve. It's best to live
for yourself and those that respect you.

KaneKahn
Feb 20, 2008, 04:30 PM
Lost my parents when I was 16, had to get a job but still went to school. I'd recommend you find what I did, a rent controlled apartment.

AlexCraig
Feb 20, 2008, 04:36 PM
I agree with Meira. Better now than later when you are more laxed and unwilling.

elainesangel9
Feb 21, 2008, 10:03 AM
yea, I DO NOT wanna be stuck with my parents forever. idk what it is but I have this sudden urge to have freedom you know?

Raine_Loire
Feb 21, 2008, 03:59 PM
On 2008-02-21 07:03, elainesangel9 wrote:
yea, I DO NOT wanna be stuck with my parents forever. idk what it is but I have this sudden urge to have freedom you know?

It's called being 17, and everyone (almost) goes through it.

Sometimes it's better for kids to be on their own, and if you wanted to get kicked out because of the stuff going on in your house, then learn a lesson from it, stay away from alcohol (genetic predisposition) finish school, go to college. If you manage all that, then no, you didn't RUIN your life, you just started it a bit sooner than most people, but it is probably better for you to be on your own then to be surrounded by negative influences. As a teenager, it is NOT your job to be your dad's support group (nor is it your sister's). Parents have the responsibility to be the support for their children. Even if you don't have your shit straight, you pretend during the day, you put your kids to bed, and you cry alone in the shower if you have to, then you get up the next morning and do it again. His fate is NOT your responsibility, whatever your "life story" is. It doesn't mean you shouldn't love him, but you need your own future.

If you baited your family into kicking you out because of your "awesome" gf (and I have to add there are SO VERY few awesome 17 year old girls out there, but you'll find that out...) because you had some notion of wanting to live with her and play house and get laid whenever, and you neglect school, or don't move on to college (cause whatever you're making right now may seem like enough but if you aren't making more in 10 years it'll suddenly seem like a LOT less) then yes. Yes, it is very likely you screwed up your life, and set yourself on a path of hardship and most likely failure. I mean... life is about how strong you are... and if you couldn't wait out the last 3 months of high school before you moved out to play house, then how are you going to force yourself to do anything when you're supporting yourself AND going to school AND supporting a gf?

Like I said, it's really down to the reasons behind your decisions, and the only one who will know if it was right or wrong was you- but sadly, maybe not for 5+ years...

elainesangel9
Feb 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
im almost done with school, and college is coming. my gf isnt the reason im moving out, its no negative element though lol. i guess it is an age thing. who knows lol, i know i still got alot of shit to figure out before i know what im doing. the relaxation is REALLY nice thoim almost done with school, and college is coming. my gf isnt the reason im moving out, its no negative element though lol. i guess it is an age thing. who knows lol, i know i still got alot of shit to figure out before i know what im doing. the relaxation is REALLY nice tho

i dont mean to make my gf seem AWESOME lol sorry if i gave that impression(it might have helped if i didnt say she was awesome). our relationship is far from perfect. but getting by with her is enough for me. I appreciate everyones cooments though, especially ABUR101's comment, it usually takes someone getting pissed at me to make me listen

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elainesangel9 on 2008-02-21 13:30 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not pissed at you, I'm just brass tacks when it comes to things. You either get mad about it, or you listen; either way it doesn't matter to me.