PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought about leaving it all behind?

Shadowpawn
Feb 21, 2008, 09:17 PM
Like if life ever gotten you so stressed out you want to go fuck it all and just leave everything behind? It just forget all your responsiblities and just do whatever? Sometimes I seriously think about doing that. Anyone else feel like that times or what?

KodiaX987
Feb 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
No. At least not in the prescribed sense.

If I find out I've bitten off more than I can chew, I'll let some things go, but I will wrap them up all nice and proper beforehand and hand them over to whom may concern. In other words, I won't just vanish without a trace.

Randomness
Feb 21, 2008, 09:21 PM
I would expect everyone at least contemplates what would happen if they did that at times, even if they don't quite WANT to.

Kent
Feb 21, 2008, 10:58 PM
The thought crossed my mind once.

Then I realized that I'm not one for cowardice.

Monochrome
Feb 21, 2008, 11:21 PM
Well, not quite like that. More like: what if I gave away all my treasured collectibles (games, etc) and lived a less materially avaricious existence, would I be more fulfilled? but dam I am not going to test that theory out, no matter how much spiritual enlightenment awaits, lol..

concussionman
Feb 21, 2008, 11:38 PM
HAHAH.....living in BC you can do both quite easily.

But I've never felt the urge to just go trip roading it for a year, or become a hippie living in a cave, eating roots and contemplating the meaning of the existence of the letter T.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 21, 2008, 11:57 PM
The big thing that really stunts that sort of notion with me, is my Diabetes. Diabetes comes with an obligation of sorts to ensure that you always have some means to get that insulin. The alternative is a rather slow and painful death.

KaneKahn
Feb 22, 2008, 12:15 AM
I've done that before, 3 months in the Rockies with only my knife and recurve bow.

VanHalen
Feb 22, 2008, 03:29 AM
You can try what my friend and I do. When something is really bad just go to sleep and pray it works itself out in the morning. 76%80% of the time this has worked.

EDIT: Percent http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2008-02-22 00:30 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 22, 2008, 07:24 AM
Yes.

elainesangel9
Feb 22, 2008, 10:05 AM
I did that once when I was 14, lol it didnt work out too good, I ended up in a freezing rainstorm soaking wet under a tree waitng for some random guy to pick me up who never showed up, I wouldnt suggest doing so.....unless you check the weather channel

BlaizeYES
Feb 22, 2008, 04:34 PM
On 2008-02-21 21:15, KaneKahn wrote:
I've done that before, 3 months in the Rockies with only my knife and recurve bow.

kanekahn, have you ever seen the american office? your posts just sound so much like the character creed bratton. the funny thing is, what you say is probably true, lol.

and theres nothing wrong with getting out of an area to "get to the next step." but giving up because you're too stressed is an easy way out. your mind and body is capable of so much, and when you work through that stress, JESUS is it rewarding! but i do like to jump around, and my credits are still transferable, so when i've reached my limit, i will subside. but if you're picking up and moving to "start over" for unjustified reasons, then you're pulling a little bit of a risk. starting over once will make it much more of an option next time things get a little difficult. if you keep pushing the "reset" button, how do you expect to ever BEAT THE GAME?

and if you're talking in a sense of like in "castaway," being on a deserted island and making your own living off the fruits of the land, then i say YES. that has always been my dream. jesus i've seen that movie at least 30 times. "all i need are tasty waves, a cool buzz, and i'm fine. -SPICOLLI

Darkly
Feb 22, 2008, 05:09 PM
no, i only gots one life.

Sord
Feb 22, 2008, 05:14 PM
only on very rare vacations out of state

Kylie
Feb 22, 2008, 05:44 PM
Nope. I've left certain situations because I was tired of whatever, but I'd never even think about leaving my entire life. I've come too far, and I guess I know I can be happy and rebuild however bad it gets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-22 14:45 ]</font>

Anduril
Feb 22, 2008, 05:55 PM
I've felt like leaving it all behind, but then I weigh in what would be better for me in the long run and I just stick crap out.

KaneKahn
Feb 22, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-02-22 13:34, BlaizeYES wrote:

On 2008-02-21 21:15, KaneKahn wrote:

kanekahn, have you ever seen the american office? your posts just sound so much like the character creed bratton. the funny thing is, what you say is probably true, lol.

Who do you think that character is based off of? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Leonah
Feb 22, 2008, 07:54 PM
Everyday really! I'm not really stressed per-say, just lonely.

I've actually figured out the exact way to get there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif How much money it'd be. Calculated it all, 'cause my brain just is like that.
But I've also got the logic to know the consequences. I can't leave, and the place I want to go, I'd not be able to stay at. It's a wicked long story. >.<

So yeah. I know, believe me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif