early to buy it plus it might get better
lower price and deals later this year.

cause some games I like such as:
Vegas 2
DMC4
SSFIITurbo HD Remix
Aliens: Colonial Marines

are all going to PS3 also.
plus its gonna get FFXIII and Versus XIII too.
and probably a next gen mmorpg later on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

but then like tommorrow I might be able to get
a Wii, and Brawl might keep me entertained until
FFXIII and RE5 are almost released, but like,
I know Wii is gonna be temporary, but like,
Brawl is gonna be the best game the minute it's
released, and nothing else will top it till like
FFXIII is released.

but like, regarding the present, there's no
advantage to getting a PS3 cause the games I want
are not out yet. but like, I dunno, I still have yet
to see if I can nab a Wii soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

but like, I know it ain't gonna last or compare to
the better games later due this year.

So like maybe I should sell the Xbox360 and get
Wii and Brawl and hold off on PS3 until FFXIII or
RE5 are around the corner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but ya, just wonderin' cause the otehr advantage
would be to stick with X360 and get Vegas 2 next month, but I don't think that's gonna last through
the summer, or rather, the condition of my X360. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and then there's the news of Bionic Commando
getting lower res version of X360 due to memory
size limit for XBLA games. that's just wrong.
maybe HD Remix is gonna end up low res on X360 too.

but ya. Maybe I'll roll some dice or flip a coin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Wyndham
Feb 23, 2008, 08:27 PM
well, consider that Wiis are almost impossible to find.

Zelutos
Feb 23, 2008, 08:35 PM
I only ever play my XBox 360. When yours dies out, just send it in and get it fixed...or you know, be sneaky and go to a store that doesn't record serial numbers, buy a 360, go home, switch out the consoles, and return your old and broken 360 back to the store!

Bada-bing! New 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Saner
Feb 23, 2008, 08:54 PM
aaah that's too risky. I remember someone who got caught
and got chased out of town. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

and I have no patience for fixed 360 deliveries. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ah well. I might get a Wii if I see one. then again maybe not. aaah
lol. ya know maybe trading in Xbox360 could get me about 200
worth towards a PS3, so I probably only gotta pay like 150 after
that,

but like lol there would be no games to play, well maybe
DMC4 and upcoming Vegas 2....but still, lol it feels strange having
an expensive system like PS3 so early when the SSS titles are
much later. oh well free online play sounds good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hmmm

http://photogallery.i4u.com/galleries/E3_2005/sony_ps3_controller_big.jpg

I wonder if its more comfy than it looks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2008-02-23 17:56 ]</font>

rogue_robot
Feb 23, 2008, 09:26 PM
Mmm... the console wars...

XBox 360 is nice, and having been out for a while, there's at least some interesting stuff on it. Just like its predecessor, though, it's terrible for RPGs - PSU, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and now Lost Odyssey are basically all it's got, and it isn't likely to see very many added to that list in the future.

The Wii? As far as I care, it basically exists for Brawl. It's really not much more than a novelty, otherwise - a status Nintendo seems to be teetering dangerously around relegating themselves to, with a sort of expectation that games on DS and Wii are going to take advantage of each systems quirky, novel input methods, or there's no point in said game being on those systems. It's nice to see someone in the industry trying to be creative, but Nintendo's got to remember that some things are the way they are for a reason, and the use of game pads, as opposed to remotes and touch screens, is one of them.

PS3? Never cared for Sony's platform, myself. The only reason I own a PS2 was because it was essentially the RPG system (Xenosaga and Star Ocean for me, the entire casts of Final Fantasy 7 and beyond can die in a fire for all I care, though I'll at least say they're free take Jr. and Shion along with them) - a high-set bar to which the PS3 is going to have to live up to before I'll even think of buying one.

AlexCraig
Feb 23, 2008, 09:47 PM
Meh, I really think the console wars are pointless. Personally, I'm getting a Wii A.S.A.P., regardless of what anybody else thinks. I actually like some of the games on it and believe it does not exist JUST for Brawl. Now don't go pushing your opinions on me. I won't stand for it.

Sekani
Feb 23, 2008, 09:53 PM
On 2008-02-23 18:26, rogue_robot wrote:
Mmm... the console wars...

XBox 360 is nice, and having been out for a while, there's at least some interesting stuff on it. Just like its predecessor, though, it's terrible for RPGs - PSU, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, and now Lost Odyssey are basically all it's got, and it isn't likely to see very many added to that list in the future.

The Wii? As far as I care, it basically exists for Brawl. It's really not much more than a novelty, otherwise - a status Nintendo seems to be teetering dangerously around relegating themselves to, with a sort of expectation that games on DS and Wii are going to take advantage of each systems quirky, novel input methods, or there's no point in said game being on those systems. It's nice to see someone in the industry trying to be creative, but Nintendo's got to remember that some things are the way they are for a reason, and the use of game pads, as opposed to remotes and touch screens, is one of them.

PS3? Never cared for Sony's platform, myself. The only reason I own a PS2 was because it was essentially the RPG system (Xenosaga and Star Ocean for me, the entire casts of Final Fantasy 7 and beyond can die in a fire for all I care, though I'll at least say they're free take Jr. and Shion along with them) - a high-set bar to which the PS3 is going to have to live up to before I'll even think of buying one.

I endorse this point.

rogue_robot
Feb 23, 2008, 09:56 PM
On 2008-02-23 18:47, AlexCraig wrote:
Meh, I really think the console wars are pointless. Personally, I'm getting a Wii A.S.A.P., regardless of what anybody else thinks. I actually like some of the games on it and believe it does not exist JUST for Brawl. Now don't go pushing your opinions on me. I won't stand for it.

Woah, chill out, man. I didn't say you had to agree with me - I just said that as far as I care, the Wii exists for Brawl. I'll probably get one myself, eventually, I just think Nintendo's idea of "quality" has gotten a little skewed lately, that's all...

AlexCraig
Feb 23, 2008, 10:10 PM
On 2008-02-23 18:56, rogue_robot wrote:

On 2008-02-23 18:47, AlexCraig wrote:

Woah, chill out, man. I didn't say you had to agree with me - I just said that as far as I care, the Wii exists for Brawl. I'll probably get one myself, eventually, I just think Nintendo's idea of "quality" has gotten a little skewed lately, that's all...

I also was not saying "you" as in "you specifically". I was using it as a generic term that included everybody.

I know very well that there are people on this site who would quote what I say and try to shove their opinions on me. "LOL U SHUD GET A 360! WII IZ SUXORZ LOL !!!1"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-02-23 19:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-02-23 19:14 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Feb 23, 2008, 11:05 PM
PS3 if you want upcoming RPGs like the new FF and MGS4. Wii for Brawl, Mario Kart and other games like Twilight Princess. X360 for pretty much everything else.

My vote goes towards the X360 and the Wii. Never really cared for the PS3 as it has nothing that interests me except for MGS4

ShinMaruku
Feb 23, 2008, 11:55 PM
PS3 bitch! Me wants folks to pway with moi. Plus it got vison. :E

NPCMook
Feb 24, 2008, 12:15 AM
Wait it out? if it flops call 1-800-MY-XBOX and have them repair it for you...

Being "crafty" and selling it off when its gonna break is a dick move. If it RRoD call the number have them fix it, and save the extra money you'd end up spending on the newer console

Saner
Feb 24, 2008, 12:47 AM
On 2008-02-23 20:55, ShinMaruku wrote:
PS3 bitch! Me wants folks to pway with moi. Plus it got vison. :E

heehee! well ya I'll get a PS3 eventually!
if FFXIII has some sort of online play,
I'll be sure to invite you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but ya, npcmook is right for now, I should just wait it out and hang onto x360 and then send it for repairs
if it needs it. I can just get and play Hokuto No Ken for PS2 in the meantime. the Sega's Best edition
version is coming later this month. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kent
Feb 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
I'm fairly certain that FFXIII won't have any sort of online play. :/

As far as current game libraries go, the PS3 has basically nothing that's really good that isn't already on the 360... And the 360 currently has a bunch of really good exclusives. The Wii is a great party machine as it is, with very few good single-player titles out there (Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes...). Of course, it also has Brawl coming in the very near future (which, if it's anything like its predecessors, will be a great party game as well).

I wouldn't really say that buying a new system is the way to go just yet. Go pick up Lost Odyssey if you're really hankering for an RPG; It's pretty much the best one on the 360 right now.

Seira7
Feb 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oddly I love my Wii the most. Maybe its the games or the fact that even my PARENTS love the Wii- and Ie never seen them play video games before. Its so cute, they love Wii Sports. Its a good game for company and I like a lot of the titles for it so far. I <3 endless ocean, super swing golf and stuff. But Im not big on FPS so if you love those type of games go 360. PS3 is awesome -well the one game I own is awesome. I think it will really shine a few years from now when it has a decent game library.

Out_Kast
Feb 24, 2008, 01:26 PM
IMO, Wii is great, but the ideas will run dry soon enough donotflamethankyouverymuch.
PS3 has free Online (for now), and FFXIII & whatnot will be released on that. *drool*
X360 has a great selection of games, and millions of people play Xbox Live, so you'll never be on your own.
Why not get all three, when you can afford them? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kylie
Feb 24, 2008, 02:34 PM
I want these games and these games only:

The Sims 3, Tomb Raider Underworld, RE5, SH5, FFXIII, FFXIII:V, and HOME.

Why wouldn't I choose a PS3 since all of those games will be on it (not solely except for the latter three, I know)? You should do the same and decide which console best meets your needs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-24 11:35 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
I got my Wii several months ago and am REALLY glad I got it when I saw how much harder it became to get them. It still seems to be pretty damned hard to get too. For this reason alone, I'd have to say get the Wii while you can. And while it doesn't exist JUST for Brawl, it's such a huge thing that it sure as hell seems that way. I already like my Wii more than my Gamecube even without Brawl though.

And if that there 360 breaks, I say just go get the damn thing fixed and hope you can have a Wii to hold you over for that duration.

Vitamin_D
Feb 24, 2008, 06:59 PM
As someone who owns both a 360 and a Wii, I say get your 360 fixed when it dies and grab a Wii too. Between the 2 systems, I have a good problem where I have a too many games to play: Wii Sports, Mario, Zelda, Link's Crossbow Training, Fire Emblem, No More Heroes, Metroid Prime, Pokemon, Nights, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Virtua Fighter 5, DMC 4, Blue Dragon, Naruto, Lost Odyssey, and I still have more I need to get (like of course, Brawl). Not to mention the plethora of Virtual Console and Live Arcade games to download. For the PS3, there's only 3 exclusive games that I'd want for it, The 2 FF games and MGS4. That's hardly worth the price of admission in my eyes. To each their own though. As someone undoubtedly said, buy the system (or repair) the system that you think has the most games you'd like, that's what I did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2008-02-24 16:02 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Feb 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
Wii ftw. Smash Bros., Mario Kart comes out 4/15/08, Animal Crossing down the road. Plus you have the Virtual Console.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kevlar_pso on 2008-02-24 16:32 ]</font>

EJ
Feb 26, 2008, 03:48 AM
I got a wii myself and love it, plus a new tales of symphony is coming out so that is a plus and yes the wii is my main console while my 360 is actually my secondary and no i don't care if everyone think the wii is a novelty and only just for brawl since they most people on this site are 360 player who think hardcore gamers are people who just play FPS and gore games.

Raine_Loire
Feb 26, 2008, 08:54 AM
I have all 3 consoles... I only ever play my 360. If I'm not on 360, I'm probably playing psp or ds, not the wii OR the ps3.

I enjoy drake's fortune, that's the only ps3 game I really like yet- I just got it because I had the money and a bunch of good games are coming out at the end of the year, but I may not have the money then. I have the 80 gb one, so at least I can use it for some of the ps2 games I have yet to beat... or want to beat again.

I got the wii a long time ago, and I played it for... 20 hours total- that was like 8 RE4, 8 Zelda TP, and an hour each for the bowling game, paper mario, trauma center, with 1/2 hour each for big brain academy and wario ware. I haven't even touched fire emblem since I got it. It's a fun system, but... ehh- I need a regular controller before I start playing again.

The 360 is just... better. It's achievements, and gamer score, mostly. Plus it's more user friendly, and marketplace is something I log in just to mess around in. Plus all the games that are out and enjoyable for ps3 are out on 360 also. Plus the PSN store thingy won't take credit cards with APO addresses as their billing address, so I can't buy anything even if I wanted to! Lol, lots o plusses.

Sekani
Feb 26, 2008, 12:38 PM
On 2008-02-24 11:34, Kylie wrote:
You should do the same and decide which console best meets your needs.

Strange, for reasons that I can't comprehend most people seem to be unable to do that. If they did, we wouldn't have so many stupid "Which console is da bestestest" discussions.

SubstanceD
Feb 27, 2008, 04:37 AM
The last time there was topic like this ( XBox360 vs Wii ) I recommended that the topic creator get a XBox360 due to the large libary of games and the fact that I am always playing on my 360 and I almost never, ever use my Wii ( the last time was to try out Super Mario Galaxy which is awesome although I still much rather play my 360 ). Of course, since then my 360 has died from the RED RING OF DEATH and I had to send it off to get repaired. The Wii also turned out to one of the most sought after items during Christmas so guess I kind of mislead the topic creator although I still stand my decission and my reasons.

Now that is 2008 and the PS3 has been added into the mix it changes things slightly. In my opinion the 360 still has the best libary of games however there isn't really much that I am looking forward to for 2008. 2008 and is going to be a lack lustre year for the 360. As for the PS3, as much as it sucks that Sony removed the backwards compatibility from the 40Gig model, the new price range does make the console alot more afordable and attractive. PS3 sales are starting to pick up and there are quite a few exclusives to look forward to some of which will be out for 2008. I personally plan on buyingone this year although I am trying to hold off untill the Dual Shock 3 comes as standard with the PS3. The Wii remains a dark horse in this console war. I bought my Wii at launch day and although I don't hate it I also don't get all the hype. At the moment thyere only 4 Wii games out there that give a damn about at all and yet the Wii continues to sell in massive numbers. For me it is the forgotten console, the neglected console. I spend more time on my PS2 for fucks sake.

I would either stick with the 360 or trade it in for a PS3 since the PS3 will eventually defeat Microsft's console in the long run.

Monochrome
Feb 28, 2008, 01:38 AM
I have the same "which system ahhhhhhhh" dilemma.. I want a Wii, but beyond Brawl and Mario Galaxy, I see a wasteland.. I want a 360 but don't trust the hardware, and well... I'm sure PS3 is just heating up, and now Blu-Ray is the place to be and FFXIII is on the horizon so.......

what to do?

I bought a PSP. There, now I can stop thinking about it and just play Crisis Core.

Midicronica
Feb 28, 2008, 02:12 AM
I saw a Wii in Wal-Mart today and it was the only they had. I seriously stood in front of the glass case for 5 minutes contemplating whether or I should buy it.

I didn't buy it, but gosh darn it I'm definitely getting one next week!