PDA

View Full Version : xbox new char.......???

isamu2k3
Jan 17, 2003, 12:48 AM
hrmmm so there isnt a new character on the xbox live edition??? I havnt found ne thing on it yet...fill us and me in

Spy
Jan 17, 2003, 12:53 AM
if a genius like you can't find any information why do you think simple folk like we can?

Sol-Invictus
Jan 17, 2003, 12:57 AM
As far as I've heard, new char on Xbox is rumor and wishful thinking.

Brundidge
Jan 17, 2003, 01:01 AM
That kinda defeats the purpose of playing the GC PSO if Xbox has a new character to play. I highly doubt there is one.

Cloud_01
Jan 17, 2003, 01:03 AM
Nope, I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a new character on the Xbox version.

It would have been a good idea for Sonic Team to add a new character to the Xbox version. They have also added new weapons too. I mean how hard could it be to just add a few more weapons to the game...

MasterJoel
Jan 17, 2003, 03:24 AM
On 2003-01-16 22:03, Cloud_01 wrote:
Nope, I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a new character on the Xbox version.

It would have been a good idea for Sonic Team to add a new character to the Xbox version. They have also added new weapons too. I mean how hard could it be to just add a few more weapons to the game...

It could be a money loss... or not... anyhow, I believe that they would want to keep the games fairly equal, because I (and other people) would be upset if the XBox version got new weapons and character(s). I'm sorry, but i really don't like the XBox, and not willing to switch (even though there are two in my household). If you ask me, adding these things are bad business, and they seek business...

Kent
Jan 17, 2003, 04:02 AM
It's still possible until proven true or false.

saffaya
Jan 17, 2003, 05:59 AM
Thanks to the inboard Hard Disk and BBA, it's impossible to rule out addition of new content via download.
Just look at MechAssault.

AnimalMother
Jan 17, 2003, 06:09 AM
As soon as the Hildebear becomes playable I will switch.

Phobos-X
Jan 17, 2003, 07:44 AM
If you ask me, adding these things are bad business, and they seek business...

actually adding extras is good business. when PSO was first announced for the GC, it was simply goin to be a port of version 2 from the DC.
And gamers moaned and complained that if it were just goin to be a port, they wouldnt buy it.
But sonic team added a shitload to it and wound up making a "sequel" (as Naka calls it) to it. By doin so, gamers were more than willing to by the GC version.

People that own both a GC and a Xbox, most likely wont pick up the Xbox version because its simply a port of what they have on the GC, meaning no real reason to pick it up. Now if sonic team added a new char or weapons it would be more incentive to pick it up and give sega more "business"

Sunaj
Jan 17, 2003, 07:54 AM
It's unlikely becuase it'll unbalance the classes, it'll bring the total to 13 which is just plain bad luck, and it wont even fit on the char. creation screen. Besides, the new characters also filled out gender roles better (2 males and females for each, verus the 3-1 ratio we had before.) and they filled the remaining types PSO uh, needed. (High hit Hu, High evasion/mst Ranger, and High ATP Fo.)

Buuyon
Jan 17, 2003, 10:37 AM
I don't think the Xbox will have anything new I mean come on whens the last time you read something that has to do with Xblock

PhoenixStryker
Jan 17, 2003, 11:21 AM
I'll be getting the Xbox version if I can't get a friggin' BBA by Feb. 25th...

Skuld_0
Jan 17, 2003, 11:32 AM
i'll be gettin the x-box version just becouse its cheaper in the long run.. i play with my friends only so im not worried about being super hacked by anything and its gonna be fun to yell at people in the lobby.

Omni-SqwirL
Jan 17, 2003, 11:39 AM
The X-box version will be better. Just because other game systems have a Japanese company to back them up, doesn't mean they are better. X-box is Microsoft...Microsoft = American company so trust in America dag gomnit.

Oh yeah, Skuld_0 , You stayed home today, because I don't see you in 3rd block http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AnimalMother
Jan 17, 2003, 11:42 AM
Trusting Microsoft is like trusting a panda, sure they may look cute and innocent at first, but don't come crying to me when they maul your face beyond recognition, burn your house down, and steal all your spare change.

UMMON
Jan 17, 2003, 11:46 AM
[quote]
On 2003-01-17 02:59, saffaya wrote:
Thanks to the inboard Hard Disk and BBA, it's impossible to rule out addition of new content via download.

I read somewhere that when you download (Quest, etc)to your Xbox from PSO, it will only be there untill you turn it off.
Is this true? Or will it stay there?

LordDez
Jan 17, 2003, 12:07 PM
On 2003-01-17 08:46, UMMON wrote:
[quote]
On 2003-01-17 02:59, saffaya wrote:

I read somewhere that when you download (Quest, etc)to your Xbox from PSO, it will only be there untill you turn it off.
Is this true? Or will it stay there?

If it's anything like the DC versions the information will just download to your memory card and be preserved forever....or until it corrupts itself because it's bored.

Mag_Launcher
Jan 17, 2003, 12:24 PM
On 2003-01-17 08:42, AnimalMother wrote:
Trusting Microsoft is like trusting a panda, sure they may look cute and innocent at first, but don't come crying to me when they maul your face beyond recognition, burn your house down, and steal all your spare change.

Funny how I have a Hanging Panda chat symbol... lol

llxerollenyce
Jan 17, 2003, 03:38 PM
XBoX PSO will probably be better than the Gamecube. BEfore u rule my opinion out, i USED to own a xbox ( i got rid of it cuz i dont have Broadband and online is impossible for me) Even tho i dont have a Xbox anymore it is still a excellent system.

The fact that Xbox is THE most powerful system in the market, Sega will probably add some extra detail(maybe minor).

The xbox is has one hella security system!. It's encrypted so well that hackers have failed to hack into it (thsi is microsoft, what u expect?). The online program will be hosted by microsoft which is another plus!. Hackers will have a least likely chance to hack/ruin servers (which could mean, dare i say it, no cheats for the xbox version). Were talkin multi-million dollar company here. Online gameing is whats gonna keep the xbox alive (they have the best online program going).

The last thing i can think of is that the fact xbox will be broadband ONLY!. No more annoying 56k users (like me). It also uses voice support (HOW COOL!!). All you drag queens out there who pretend to be a chick to get free weaps better beware!. However i am told by someone u can actually change your voice with the mic! *someone please confirm this*. Now u dont have to use that klunky keyboard. Jus press the black or white button and your ready to talk AND kill the Booma right next to you!.

I dont have a xbox anymore but i aint gonna hate on it. I just dont like the fact that they step on 56k users to improve gaming for people with broadband. (i tried to get DSL but they told me the wires in my house dont support DSL). So I hope this clears things up. (MOst likely a XBOX hater will post a 1 sentence reply to counter the essay i just wrote......GRRRR)

LunarShadowX
Jan 17, 2003, 04:05 PM
Those who already own and already pay for GC PSO, who may also own an XBox, will likely not shift to XBox PSO, unless all they have is GC PSO (aka no modem, hunter's license, etc.)

As for the XBox version, I seriously doubt there are any graphical upgrades over the GC version. The download content has already been confirmed to be downloaded solely to the HDD, and NOT the XBox Memory Card. As for the extra character, I actually believe there is one. The only thing is, it's probably an NPC, thus it's probably just part of a new quest in the game.

Additionally, just because the XBox is hard to hack does NOT necessarily mean that PSO will be difficult to "hack"/cheat on. One could easily packet intercept and filter the packets sent back and forth in order to "hack". But, fact is, few people have that capability, and few will even try to do it, although we all know some will. Additionally, Microsoft's firm stance against cheaters will deter even more from doing so in XBox PSO.

Some other good things about XBox PSO. I personally believe that voice chat will improve things...I will hopefully no longer get killed by Dark Falz while switching to a keyboard to warn someone else. Also, the fact that it is very likely that XBox PSO will ship with an PC keyboard adapter, to be used with PSO, is nice in itself. If you don't want to talk, merely mute everyone and type.

There's also the broadband-only portion of PSO. This is something I've been dying to use ever since I quit PSOv2 back on November 27, 2001 (yes, I know the exact date), and got broadband around a month afterwards. It'll be nice for once to play in a lagless environment.

Additionally, the HDD will allow for permanent patches to the game to be made both online and offline. As to whether or not they will make use of this, only time will tell.

So, to sum things up, here are my opinions. If you already own GC PSO, and have an XBox, there is no real point in getting XBox PSO (unless you are already subscribed to XBox Live, in which case I am undecided on what one should do.) However, if you don't own it, own an XBox, and have broadband, pick up a copy of XBox PSO. If you own none of the two systems, and stupidly want to buy a system just for PSO, pick up the XBox and it's version of PSO. Personally, I think it will be worth it. For I am getting it, roughly 15 months after I quit PSOv2. Anyways, that's my two cents, what you do is up to you. That's what free will is all about my friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LunarShadowX on 2003-01-17 13:10 ]</font>

Reven
Jan 17, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-01-17 12:38, llxerollenyce wrote:
The xbox is has one hella security system!. It's encrypted so well that hackers have failed to hack into it (thsi is microsoft, what u expect?).

I like both systems and in actuality I own neither (my roommate owns them, although his Gamecube is almost always in my room), however, expecting it not be hacked because of Microsoft sounds kinda ridiculous to me.. pretty much every Microsoft product I've ever had has had serious security issues and has had to have numerous security updates.. considering the number of times they've updated Windows you would think they would have gotten it right by now (XP seems to be decent, still not to sure on some things though)

Anyways, I hope it doesn't get hacked, and I hope the Gamecube doesn't either.. but I'm not gonna bother worrying about it cause there isn't anything we can do to stop it..

celador
Jan 17, 2003, 06:49 PM
I think the X-Box PSO will be hacked. Not online, just off. If you have saw some of the diff X-Box mod sites you know you can change the hard drive out for diff one. The then could take that drive and install it into a computer and run some sort of code to copy char or item. One item turns into 12(1 item per char/12 char per hard drive). Put it back in X transfer all items to same char and copy him/she again. Now you have 144 items(12 items per char/12 char per hard drive). All it would take is for some realy smart person to right the code. This was done in a way on the dreamcast when people started transfering their save to the computer and editing them.

Some people out there like to prove it can be done when others say it cant. I wonder how many people are working on copying Gamecube games just to say they did it.

Elixer
Jan 17, 2003, 07:43 PM
i have seen posts on gfaqs and people say there is gonna be some new FOcast but im not sure i dont want the xbox version anyway.

SilencePSO
Jan 17, 2003, 08:37 PM
On 2003-01-17 08:39, Omni-SqwirL wrote:
Microsoft = American company so trust in America dag gomnit.

That's why the Xbox is doing poorly in Japan, Sony = Japanese company, and Japanese trust in Japan. It's funny that Americans don't support American jobs like the Japanese do. It's also kind of sad, it's one of the many reasons I prefer the Xbox. It's nice to say for a change that an American designed system is doing well (it is kind of too bad it took MS to do it, I have no love for them, but hey, they did what a lot of other companys couldn't).

RicoSuave
Jan 17, 2003, 10:23 PM
On 2003-01-17 14:51, Reven wrote:
I like both systems and in actuality I own neither (my roommate owns them, although his Gamecube is almost always in my room), however, expecting it not be hacked because of Microsoft sounds kinda ridiculous to me.. pretty much every Microsoft product I've ever had has had serious security issues and has had to have numerous security updates.. considering the number of times they've updated Windows you would think they would have gotten it right by now (XP seems to be decent, still not to sure on some things though)

Microsoft programs and Microsoft servers are two totally different things.

Besides, each live account is tied to a credit card number, so cheat at your own risk. There is also a user feedback option, and all comments stay with a particular account, so people (and microsoft) can tell if you are a real wanker or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoSuave on 2003-01-17 19:26 ]</font>

Webapprentice
Jan 18, 2003, 12:21 AM
On 2003-01-17 12:38, llxerollenyce wrote:
The xbox is has one hella security system!. It's encrypted so well that hackers have failed to hack into it (thsi is microsoft, what u expect?). The online program will be hosted by microsoft which is another plus!. Hackers will have a least likely chance to hack/ruin servers (which could mean, dare i say it, no cheats for the xbox version). Were talkin multi-million dollar company here. Online gameing is whats gonna keep the xbox alive (they have the best online program going).

The security must not be that good if people are able to run Linux off the box. It's only going to end being an arms race between MS and tinkerers.

The XBox is the most powerful system because it uses modified PC components.

saffaya
Jan 18, 2003, 03:42 AM
On 2003-01-17 15:49, celador wrote:
I think the X-Box PSO will be hacked. Not online, just off. If you have saw some of the diff X-Box mod sites you know you can change the hard drive out for diff one. The then could take that drive and install it into a computer and run some sort of code to copy char or item.

Xbox save files are encrypted. all games.
For what I know, you'd have to copy PSO on hard disk, patch it to accept tinkered saves, alter saves with PC program, load these saves with patched PSO, save them again, play them with original PSO.
Nothing impossible alas, unless additional security measures have been taken.

SilencePSO
Jan 18, 2003, 07:51 PM
On 2003-01-17 21:21, Webapprentice wrote:
The security must not be that good if people are able to run Linux off the box.

Actually the only way to run linux is with a mod chip that will over ride the Xbox bios, and if you have one, you can't play on Live. The reason is the bios itself has a 2056 bit encryption (to put that in perspective, the best web-browers have 128 bit encryption), that's a hell of a lot of security and would literally take YEARS to get thru. That is why you will probably see no cheating on the Xbox (on live at least, you could do it with a mod chip offline, but you couldn't take anything online).