PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow Vs Card

MinervaEros
Feb 26, 2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I cant find any section on the site about weapon Types in general, only specific weapons. And as someone fairly new to A rank + weapons, it would be helpful if someone could either explain these to me or link me to somewhere that can.

I know that crossbows and cards are both single handed weapons... they both go in the left hand right? Also, crossbows initially start as 1 shot but, as the PA levels up, splits into 3 correct? Are cards the same? And is a slicer similar at all or is it completely different?

I dont really need answers to each individual question, just a general explanation of these weapons types: crossbow, card, and slicer.

Thanks.

Randomness
Feb 26, 2008, 05:09 PM
Crossbow starts at one, splits to two at 11, three at 21.

Cards start at two, split to three at 11. They only hit one enemy, unless something somehow gets in the way.

Sekani
Feb 26, 2008, 05:10 PM
Crossbow: ranged weapon, left hand. Shoots one to three bullets, depending on the level of the equipped photon art. Not that great until the PAs are over level 21, where they become excellent for damage and status effect application to small groups.

Card: ranged weapon, left hand. Shoots one to three projectiles, depending on the level of the equipped photon art. Fires slowly, but shots home in on their targets (if the targeting reticule is red, you're good). Unlike the crossbow, the multiple card projectiles will all hit the same target, so this is best for flying or fast moving enemies.

Slicer: melee weapon, right hand. Yes, it shoots things in a three-hit combo pattern, but the damage counts as melee, and it can be boosted by Exact Attack (Just Attack) as well. The PAs can hit a varying range of targets and are quite powerful.

Randomness
Feb 26, 2008, 05:18 PM
On 2008-02-26 14:10, Sekani wrote:
Crossbow: ranged weapon, left hand. Shoots one to three bullets, depending on the level of the equipped photon art. Not that great until the PAs are over level 21, where they become excellent for damage and status effect application to small groups.

Card: ranged weapon, left hand. Shoots one two to three projectiles, depending on the level of the equipped photon art. Fires slowly, but shots home in on their targets (if the targeting reticule is red, you're good). Unlike the crossbow, the multiple card projectiles will all hit the same target, so this is best for flying or fast moving enemies.

Slicer: melee weapon, right hand. Yes, it shoots things in a three-hit combo pattern, but the damage counts as melee, and it can be boosted by Exact Attack (Just Attack) as well. The PAs can hit a varying range of targets and are quite powerful.

Trust me, cards never have just one, they start with two.

MinervaEros
Feb 26, 2008, 05:38 PM
Thank you both

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 26, 2008, 07:16 PM
1-10
Xbow has 1 shot, SE1 3% ele
Card has 2 shots, SE2 17% ele
11-20
Xbow has 2 shots, SE2 9% ele
Card has 3 shots, SE2 21% ele
21-30
Xbow has 3 shots, SE3 15% ele
Card has 3 shots, SE2 25% ele

I don't know anything above 30, because I haven't played any class that has those weapons with bullets above 30.
Anyways, I prefer Xbow for spreading SE's, and for tagging enemies because it shoots in a wide pattern(read: Xbow with shock combined with Deva for silence). Cards are great DPS items, and can hit flying enemies without aiming, just make sure the cursor is on the enemy when you press the attack button, and it will lock onto it.

THE JACKEL

Talise
Feb 26, 2008, 07:32 PM
cards also fire slower than xbows, xbows are more of an utility weapons than cards.

Hrith
Feb 27, 2008, 10:40 AM
Crossbows have much, much higher DPS and better SE.
Cards have more accuracy and level up faster.

Kylie
Feb 27, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'd say crossbows are the better weapons, compared to cards; however, I prefer cards because they're way easier to level. If the PA patch fixes that, then I'd absolutely pick a crossbow over a card. And slicers are melee, so there's no real comparison between them and range weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-02-27 09:24 ]</font>

SolRiver
Feb 27, 2008, 09:11 PM
You can boost card's firing speed by

stand still- fire
strafe walk- fire
stand still- fire
strafe walk- fire
and perform it repeatedly.

The strafe animation will ignore the stand still fire's delay time, increase the card's fire rate by around 50% or more.

I only use crossbow if I want to spread out my damage and flinch 3 targets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-02-27 18:14 ]</font>

Garanz-Baranz
Feb 27, 2008, 10:50 PM
Cards verses Crossbows, hmm.

Cards generally do great damage at Lv11+, my Beast Guntecher does about 350 a shot, thats 1050 for the whole array, due to the Card having 3 shots at Lv11+.

Crossbows are vastly annoying, though they fire barely faster then Cards, about 1.5 times faster. Crossbows currently level with a Shotguns Experience meter, thus taking about 3 times longer to level a Crossbow then a Shotgun[which levels speedy, but not as a Crossbow]. once Leveled, Crossbows have SE level 3, and are good for inflicting SEs. Damage wise is probably the same as a Crossbows, depending on the position.

Crossbows are slightly lesser then Cards due to the lack of a long range attack effectiveness, although it does hit a wide area.

So, i'll say-

Cards are generally based on Long Range killing.
Crossbows are generally suppression, or point blank damage.

mvffin
Feb 28, 2008, 12:23 AM
On 2008-02-27 18:11, SolRiver wrote:
You can boost card's firing speed by

stand still- fire
strafe walk- fire
stand still- fire
strafe walk- fire
and perform it repeatedly.

The strafe animation will ignore the stand still fire's delay time, increase the card's fire rate by around 50% or more.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-02-27 18:14 ]</font>

I know exactly what you mean, i've been doing this since firebreak. = P

SolomonGrundy
Feb 28, 2008, 01:19 AM
oh god - the card glitch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mvffin
Feb 28, 2008, 01:45 AM
OMG CARD GLITCH ROLLBACK TO FIREBREAK

DEM_CIG
Feb 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
There both good weapons, but in my opinion i like cards better because they lock on the target.

blackeye08
Feb 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
Crossbows are slow and I don't like them. Cards lock on and all you have to do is keep pressing the fire button and they die. Cards are better.

Talise
Feb 28, 2008, 07:36 PM
=0 cards don't lock on at the throwing point , they lock at the thrown point. That means if your enemy moves off your lock is gone. xbows on the other hand are aim and shoot. It's also spread fire so it doesn't have to be concentrated on one enemy, you just have the Option to. I really dun think you should just be, oh, cards are better, like that. In my opinion lock on can be both an advantage and disadvantage, since you actually have to get your target in lock to shoot it.

Pandorasbox
Feb 28, 2008, 09:45 PM
I've always advocated cards more than crossbow. I have a friend GT who can attest to card awesomeness on certain platforms like beast Guntechers. Some bosses who constantly teleport or move you somehow cards doa nice job. To me cross bow is more of a dmg point blank style wep. For straight up dmg cross bow all the way. Altho I feel cards have more overall utility (can even hit flying mobs,etc.).

amtalx
Feb 29, 2008, 09:36 AM
If you want things to die, Xbows. If you want safety and don't mind things dying a little slower, Cards.

Astarin
Feb 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
On 2008-02-28 16:36, Talise wrote:
=0 cards don't lock on at the throwing point , they lock at the thrown point. That means if your enemy moves off your lock is gone. xbows on the other hand are aim and shoot. It's also spread fire so it doesn't have to be concentrated on one enemy, you just have the Option to. I really dun think you should just be, oh, cards are better, like that. In my opinion lock on can be both an advantage and disadvantage, since you actually have to get your target in lock to shoot it.

I'm not sure what Talise means by throwing vs. thrown points, but as long as your targeting cursor is red when you fire, then that set of card bullets will home in on the enemy. Even if you strafe out of the way right after. This makes Cards fantastic against say, Olgohmons. Aim and lock on, fire off a few swings, then strafe out of the way before Barta comes flying at you. This is one advantage of cards.

Talise
Feb 29, 2008, 07:00 PM
it means just as you press the button, the cards have not locked on, there's a slight delay, and it's possible to lose lock.