PDA

View Full Version : a cute but interesting idea from my little brother.

Darkly
Feb 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
He said to me whilst we were playing 360, wouldnt it be cool if there was a console, or the 360 had a 3 disc cd changer?

at first i laughed but then i realised it would be a nice little feature, if they could make it fit into a console.

Like most people i usually play a few games on the go - psu, cod4, and whatever single player game im playing atm. So a feature like this would have useage, but its obviously not nessecary.

thoughts ?

amtalx
Feb 29, 2008, 12:22 PM
A better idea would be to allow you to run them off the HD. Take THAT little bro. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

elainesangel9
Feb 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
a better idea would be to have a console hold games all downloadable

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 29, 2008, 04:11 PM
On 2008-02-29 10:55, elainesangel9 wrote:

Such a console exists, in a certain respect. It's aptly named, the "Phantom". It's been showing up at trade shows for over a decade now, but is yet to hit store shelves. The standard controller for it is a keyboard and mouse, oddly enough.

omegapirate2k
Feb 29, 2008, 04:42 PM
On 2008-02-29 13:11, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2008-02-29 10:55, elainesangel9 wrote:

Such a console exists, in a certain respect. It's aptly named, the "Phantom". It's been showing up at trade shows for over a decade now, but is yet to hit store shelves. The standard controller for it is a keyboard and mouse, oddly enough.

Hasn't that thing been cancelled yet?

If not the name is certainly appropriate.

KodiaX987
Feb 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
No one in development is going to fund a project that can be rendered obsolete by a human hand.

It's a cute thing for cars because you have to focus on the road. But for consoles? You'd have to be morbidly lazy.

Frana
Feb 29, 2008, 06:25 PM
The second things go to strait-to-download, I'm gonna be pissed.

KaneKahn
Feb 29, 2008, 06:57 PM
My old PC had a 3 disc CD rom drive.

Sinue_v2
Feb 29, 2008, 08:01 PM
A better idea would be to allow you to run them off the HD.

That would be nice if console manufacturers could see fit to give us a decently sized HDD for a decent price. You can get a 750+ Gig 7,500 RPG HDD for less than the cost of a 120 Gig 360. I don't see where a 500 Gig HDD is unfeasable and have them still make a nice profit. I guess a 10-15kRPM 120 Gig HDD would be good deal for the price, but I have a feeling the 360 HDD leans more towards the 5,200 to 7,500 RPM range.

It's aptly named, the "Phantom". It's been showing up at trade shows for over a decade now, but is yet to hit store shelves.

Yeah, I remember that. I heard the new Duke Nukem game is going to be a launch title for it.

Monochrome
Mar 1, 2008, 03:00 AM
just imagine how many errors you would have with a microsoft product that contains three loading trays....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it boggles the mind!

SubstanceD
Mar 1, 2008, 03:16 AM
On 2008-02-29 09:22, amtalx wrote:
A better idea would be to allow you to run them off the HD. Take THAT little bro. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's not a bad idea except for the fact that not all Xbox360's come with a Hard Drive as standard ( the Core adn the Arcade ). Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot by making the Hard Drive an optional extra.

VanHalen
Mar 1, 2008, 11:01 AM
I remember my friend and I were talking about this before. Though he said in the end that he's glad they didn't put one or he'd be fatter than he already is.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
On 2008-03-01 00:16, SubstanceD wrote:

On 2008-02-29 09:22, amtalx wrote:

That's not a bad idea except for the fact that not all Xbox360's come with a Hard Drive as standard ( the Core adn the Arcade ). Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot by making the Hard Drive an optional extra.

Actually, by selling it seperatley, they made a better profit, as people would have to buy the extras over time, unlike Sony's approach with the PS3, which was buy everything now or suffer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

UnderscoreX
Mar 1, 2008, 01:56 PM
It takes a whole 4 steps to get to my consoles when I want to change disks.