PDA

View Full Version : Help on classes?

bryanwillis7
Feb 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
There are so many classes in this game, and so little guides that even mention what each class does. Anyways I would like to play a class that is very quick (thief/assasinish). Twin Daggers are my favorite weapon, and yet again agile, quick, and melee attacks are what I go for. Not nessesarily all power, but speed and agility. So with this description what do you think would be the best class for me to play? I was told AcroFighter... but I just wanted your opinions on it! Thank you!

swif
Feb 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
Acrofighter has the best agility and they attack faster than other classes so they are the quickest but if you like twin daggers only wartecher and fighgunner can use S rank so it just depends on how much you want to use twin daggers

Katrina
Feb 29, 2008, 05:32 PM
Wartecher might be a good choice. They have S-rank Twin Daggers. They are a cross between melee and tech, more skewed towards melee.

They also have twin claws, and knuckles, also similar to twin daggers in being fairly fast multiple hit weapons. They get skills up to level 30. You can use techs to heal / buff / dmg to complement your melee dmg.

(If you decide to go Human, they also get a racial bonus for WT).

FG also has S-rank twin daggers, are a melee / ranged hybrid. They get skills up to level 40, the max skill level for twin daggers.

Acro Fighter gets A-rank twin daggers, skills also up to level 40, and are also a melee / ranged hybrid.

As far as the quickness / agility goes, Acro Fighter has the highest evasion potential of the 3, followed by WT, and then FG.

I've only played WT, but I'm sure you'll get more detailed responses and replies on these classes from others.

Oniko
Feb 29, 2008, 05:35 PM
I have very similar taste in combat styles and ended up WT. XD

I'd say the closest would be:

Acrofighter: Fast attacker which focuses on single handed weapons. It's a melee class with a speed boost to attacks, but it lacks in two handed weapons and instead has a good selection of single handed ones as well as high TP for a focus on using shadoogs.

Acrotecher: A support class. It also has a speed boost to attacks, but it's specialty is actually supporting technics. It also focuses on one handed weapons so as to allow for the use of madoogs. It might be too support oriented for an assassin type though.

Fighgunner: No speed boost, but plenty of fast weapons to pick from. It's a melee class mostly, but also has the ability to fall back on guns. It's the only class which can use Double Sabers as well.

Wartecher: Probably sounds like an odd choice, but again I like a similar play-style and have found the most fun from this class. WT is a melee class which can fall back on technics(mostly offensive, but support to a lesser degree). It has a very broad selection of weapons to choose from, and it's specialties are two handed, fast, accurate weapons, though it can also use a few heavy hitters.

Those are probably the more rogue/assassin styled classes, but more than class, it's the weapons you use which will define that. Daggers and claws in particular yield a lot to that image, and while the Acro's are the fastest attackers, they are limited in weapon selection, so may not be the best choice if you prefer two handed weapons.

If you wish to be almost entirely melee oriented, Acrofighter/Fighgunner will probably be the best options. Wartecher would lean more to "jack-of-all-trades", while Acrotecher would shift more to a support role.

MrNomad
Feb 29, 2008, 05:38 PM
If you want the extra speed, AF. If you want the S ranks, I'd go with FG since they have lvl 40 skills and more damage than a WT. Up to you.

Talise
Feb 29, 2008, 07:06 PM
I understand, you kind of want to be like a sworddancer, go acrofighter.

bryanwillis7
Mar 1, 2008, 12:16 AM
Thank you very much! All of your comments and suggestions have helped a lot! One more question though... what are the requirements for an ArcoFighter?

bryanwillis7
Mar 1, 2008, 12:16 AM
To obtain the class that is...

Katrina
Mar 1, 2008, 12:25 AM
Pre-req's for Acro-Fighter are Hunter lvl 3, Ranger lvl 5. Good Luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bliven
Mar 1, 2008, 12:38 AM
also, you need the expansion if you don't have it >.>

bryanwillis7
Mar 1, 2008, 12:49 AM
^-^ Thanks!

imfanboy
Mar 1, 2008, 05:08 PM
I'd suggest trying both WT and AF before you pick a single class - or play both. It wouldn't be hard, after all; plenty of the PAs are the same for both classes.

I personally would recommend WT more. Why? Because part of the Assassin class I loved so much in Diablo II was the versatility; it could handle any situation you could imagine. It wasn't as strong as the Barbarian physically and didn't have the spell damage of the Sorceress but it could hop competently into either role.

Wartecher can do the same thing in PSU.

Plus, it has S-rank Twin Claws. Can you imagine a more Assassin-y weapon?