PDA

View Full Version : Something i need to now about the Gamecube PSO

llxerollenyce
Jan 17, 2003, 02:49 PM
Ok first of all. I aint no PSO n00b. I been playin pso since it was on the DC BEFORE the hackers f'd the game up. Ok here is the story:

I bought a gamecube, 2 memory cards (one for me and one for my brother), PSO, all this totalled around $260.00 (yes I bought the gamecube JUST for PSO, i have no intention of buying any other Gamecube game)
Now these r easy questions that im sure anyone wiht pso for gamecube can answer:

1) ok do i just hook the modem up, pop in pso, pop in memory card, go to the online site they tell me to go to,sign up for pso, after all that stuff am I good to go? I dont have to search for a compatible ISP like back in the dreamcast days do I? Hope not cuz when everything gets here (all the items come from different parts of the world) I am gonna rush to the computer sign up, then play till i drop.

2)Ok this is VERY interesting and confusing for soeone who doesnt know anyone with PSO for gamecube and never reading about PSO. If there is 4 player split screen, how come there are 2 memory card slots? Do you take turns loading a charcter?

3)WHats the deal with episode 1 and II? is it version I and II? kinda confused bout this one.

4)LOL wanna be my friend and meet up somewhere? LOL its like everyone i know from the dreamcast version, doesnt have GAmcube or doesnt have PSo. This is a kinda corny question but i feel i need someone to teach me how to play this new version and features. (I have never played version 2 because sega screwed me over. I cut school to buy the game and i messed up in the Drica's page and they never let me resignup) ANyway my s/n is " LLXEROLLENYCE ". Look foward to it.

Anyway *whew*, SOrry for the LOOOOONG topic but im TOO anxious!! I wanna play pso already!! I wanna get things cleared u pso i can start right away. Thanks yall. PEace. ~1~

Stricker
Jan 17, 2003, 03:03 PM
Well about the online stuff I'm don't know anything yet. But the memory card stuff, yes tou have to put the 2 memory cards(MC) and then choose the green NO DATA slot and transfer a player from the slot 2 MC.
And yes, if they are from diferent MCs you have change them again and again. And remember to transfer the characters to the original MC or they will stay there and can't be use in the original MC.

I want to see the face of a friend when he gets home to play with his character in his house and says "what the fu*# where's my character?".

Alielle
Jan 17, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-01-17 11:49, llxerollenyce wrote:

1) ok do i just hook the modem up, pop in pso, pop in memory card, go to the online site they tell me to go to,sign up for pso, after all that stuff am I good to go? I dont have to search for a compatible ISP like back in the dreamcast days do I? Hope not cuz when everything gets here (all the items come from different parts of the world) I am gonna rush to the computer sign up, then play till i drop.

You still need to find an ISP. I'm not sure how you expect to get on without it.

What ISP are you using now?

2)Ok this is VERY interesting and confusing for soeone who doesnt know anyone with PSO for gamecube and never reading about PSO. If there is 4 player split screen, how come there are 2 memory card slots? Do you take turns loading a charcter?

Yeah. The game creates a temporary file on the first person's memory card, onto which you load up to three other characters. When you're done playing, you have to transfer these characters back to their original memory card. The game will prompt you to do this, so it's really hard to fark it up.

3)WHats the deal with episode 1 and II? is it version I and II? kinda confused bout this one.

Episode I: DC v.1 and 2. Episode II: brand-new storyline. Try it out in offline mode. :]

4)LOL wanna be my friend and meet up somewhere? LOL its like everyone i know from the dreamcast version, doesnt have GAmcube or doesnt have PSo. This is a kinda corny question but i feel i need someone to teach me how to play this new version and features. (I have never played version 2 because sega screwed me over. I cut school to buy the game and i messed up in the Drica's page and they never let me resignup) ANyway my s/n is " LLXEROLLENYCE ". Look foward to it.

If I see you on, I'll give you a "Hi" symbol chat. ^_^

llxerollenyce
Jan 17, 2003, 03:11 PM
im using bluelight right now.....yes its sad.....anyway, the bluelight im using isnt free. Im paying 9.00 a month. Will this work....
Rats there goes my idea of a quick pso game.

Ok here is a NEW question: so i can go online for episodes 1 and 2? Do u pick which episode u wanna play or something? Forgive the n00bish questions but i wanna get started!! Thanx

Alielle
Jan 17, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-01-17 12:11, llxerollenyce wrote:
im using bluelight right now.....yes its sad.....anyway, the bluelight im using isnt free. Im paying 9.00 a month. Will this work....
Rats there goes my idea of a quick pso game.

If they give you a username and a password, you might as well try it out. If it doesn't work, Highstream (http://www.highstream.net/) costs about the same and is very reliable... you may consider switching. (No, I don't work for them or anything; they're the best cheap Internet service I've found. My boyfriend uses it.)

Ok here is a NEW question: so i can go online for episodes 1 and 2? Do u pick which episode u wanna play or something? Forgive the n00bish questions but i wanna get started!! Thanx

You pick which episode you want to play when you go up to the counter to make a team.

Hope this helps.

llxerollenyce
Jan 17, 2003, 03:42 PM
Affirmative, thanks for the info. I got it now. I have a few more questions but i think ill jus play episode II and find out for myself. Hope to see ya online one day. Being a lvl 1 Humar is going to suck over again...... O well...no gamesharkers at least....Arigato Aliell-Chan and Reinaldo-Sama.

llxerollenyce
Jan 17, 2003, 08:27 PM
argh....sorry for doing this, im not sure if pso-world is as strict on dble posting as other forums but i didnt want to start a new topic....anway:

Is it true u can use 1 memory card to store more than 1 character? This would suck because i bought 2 259 block memory cards!.

Also what r the stages in episode 2?

Tenko
Jan 17, 2003, 08:35 PM
Each memory card will hold 4 characters, and 3 temporary characters from other memory cards. As for the stages, there's VR Temple, VR Spaceship, Central Base, Mountainside, Seaside, Jungle, and Seabed. The VR Temple and VR Spaceship basically take place in a simulator, and the enemies are all from episode 1. The Central Base, Mountainside, Seaside, and Jungle are all one level - the Central Base connects to the others, where you have to go to turn off security at the main base. Then the Seabed is the final area. Those last two have new enemies, not just episode 1 enemies.

And, coming from someone who owns a Gamecube, PS2, and is saving for an XBox - you should really get more games for the Gamecube than just PSO. It's got a lot of great games, in my humble opinion. Might I reccomend Metroid, or Mario Sunshine?

skaterboi209
Jan 18, 2003, 05:34 PM
Ok i havent got the game but when i want to play with my brother we have to buy another card, or can we use two people from the same memory card.

Neifan
Jan 18, 2003, 06:08 PM
Since each card holds 4 permanant characters and three temporary characters, you can do it either way. Your brother can either create a character using a slot on the first memory card, and both of you play using the one card, or he can create a character on the second, and just load it into one of your temporary slots when you play together. As long as you remember to switch the character back, all levels, money, and items gained will be transferred as well.

Stricker
Jan 19, 2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah. That's right if you have two MC you can do 8 characters! I have 3 MC just for PSO. I have 6 characters and my brother too. I think that's tooo much, right? lol

And other good games I like are Resident Evil and Smash Bros. Melee. You should rent some other games.