PDA

View Full Version : NIN: Ghosts I-IV

Kent
Mar 3, 2008, 12:46 AM
A friend of mine just called me. Apparently, NIN just today decided to release a new album, titled Ghosts I-IV (http://ghosts.nin.com/), which is now available on their site for digital distribution (first nine tracks are completely free, too).

One of the options to buy it is a $300 version that include the digital distribution, a two-disc hard copy, 4 vinyl, a Blu-ray disc with all of the music in HD 96/24 stereo, and a smattering of other impressive offerings... Oh, and it's signed by Trent Reznor.

But what I'm wondering is... Did anyone know anything about this coming out beforehand, or did they just blindside basically everyone with it?

Eihwaz
Mar 3, 2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah, apparently the only heads up (if you can call it that) was about two weeks ago, NIN.com had a post that said "2 weeks..." about two weeks ago. Hence, all the noise.

It's apparently more ambient/instrumental stuff. I will download the first one to see how I like it, and if it clicks, I'll buy the standard physical release in stores.

Neith
Mar 3, 2008, 07:27 AM
Downloading the free tracks now, sounds pretty interesting by what's written on the site. I could use some more albums now I have a little money again, so I'll definately check out the free tracks to see if its worth buying.

Hrigg
Mar 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well I'm getting it now, since I <3 NIN, gonna listen to it ASAP... I'll tell ya guys what I think of it.

Eihwaz
Mar 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hm. The site mentions that there is a CD release, but does this mean there will be a release in stores? It'd be kind of stupid to wait until April only to find out that there is no non-online release of this.